China is trippin’…

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I don't understand what's wrong with being skeptical about these types of issues, given the track record of government lies and media malpractice. Seems like if your team is in charge everyone turns into a NPC. If Trump was shooting down UFOs all over the place and starting wars the reporting and your reaction would likely be very different.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I don't understand what's wrong with being skeptical about these types of issues, given the track record of government lies and media malpractice. Seems like if your team is in charge everyone turns into a NPC. If Trump was shooting down UFOs all over the place and starting wars the reporting and your reaction would likely be very different.
You're changing the argument. You said "Can we admit they weren't spy balloons." That's a conclusion.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Christ dude, don't you get tired of this shit? Even if you're right you've been arguing in here and the Ukraine thread for months to what end? Have you changed anyone's mind? Have you uncovered some magical truth? Nope. Why do you put in the effort? It seems exhausting, how long can keep banging your head against the wall? It is completely possible to hold opinions and just keep them to yourself. I do not understand your end goal.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I know y'all like to poke fun, but, Wyo's points do have some merit. Not saying he's right, or wrong, but, the Mayor of Southtown has seen some crazy shit flying through the air in his municipality.

sddefault.jpg

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
This is all stevenk's fault going off on tangents and obfuscating as usual. So yes, let's focus on the main issue. Was the first balloon a Chinese spying devices of some sort? So far, there is no publicly available evidence that it was. Therefore it is reasonable to assume it wasn't until such evidence is released and verified.

The other objects are no longer alleged to be spying devices so we can disregard those other than to say it doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the Biden administration's statements regarding the original balloon or anything else related to national security.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
This is all stevenk's fault going off on tangents and obfuscating as usual. So yes, let's focus on the main issue. Was the first balloon a Chinese spying devices of some sort? So far, there is no publicly available evidence that it was. Therefore it is reasonable to assume it wasn't until such evidence is released and verified.
Hang on though, let's consider this guy's thoughts:

We are flying similar balloons over China as well. We also have China surrounded by military bases. You don't see them sperging about it.
Major powers spy on each other all the time.
Based on this, it doesn't seem reasonable at all to assume it wasn't a spy balloon?!

I'm just fucking with you now. Do I send you off on tangents? Yes, maybe, but only because I'm trying to show you that your cherished "critical thinking" is as uninformed and unreliable as everybody else here, and you just come across as a jackass endlessly wanking yourself off over it.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Christ dude, don't you get tired of this shit? Even if you're right you've been arguing in here and the Ukraine thread for months to what end? Have you changed anyone's mind? Have you uncovered some magical truth? Nope. Why do you put in the effort? It seems exhausting, how long can keep banging your head against the wall? It is completely possible to hold opinions and just keep them to yourself. I do not understand your end goal.
I just enjoy discussing this type of thing. You post a lot of movie reviews, which I like reading btw. There is no end goal other than having a debate. Unfortunately things tend to get heated in the geopolitics threads. I try to explain my perspectives, people get mad and start with the personal attacks and disingenuous responses. I have also been guilty of this. What's the point of posting or reading anything here other than talking shit, having a laugh, maybe learning something new and contributing something of value on occasion? Now go fuck yourself, will ya.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

"The intelligence community, their assessment – and it's a high-confidence assessment – [is] that there was no intelligence collection by that balloon"

Spoiler:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member

"The intelligence community, their assessment – and it's a high-confidence assessment – [is] that there was no intelligence collection by that balloon"

Spoiler:
See, when I said you know full well when you're just winding people up for lulz, this is what I'm talking about 🤣