Connecticut Elementary School Shooting (AKA "Gun Control Debate" thread...)

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Fucking terrible.

No goddamn wonder people home school their children.

mesmer

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
kids shooting classmates, fucked up, but i can see
adults shooting coworkers, fucked up, i can see
adults shooting elementary kids, what the fuck! this is so fucked up

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Fucking sick....why do these sprees keep happening and why is it always a well armed lunatic with no motive??

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
My heart go's out to all the people who lost a child or loved one. I can't imagine how they must feel right now. There are some cold heartless sick motherfuckers out there.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
My heart go's out to all the people who lost a child or loved one. I can't imagine how they must feel right now. There are some cold heartless sick motherfuckers out there.

That fucker can go to the hottest part of Hell and get ass raped by 2 million of Satan's minions with the most bumpiest, sharpest, longest stalagmite while being force fed live porcupines, hedgehogs, platypi, and his own dick.

WEAK...ASS...SHIT

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
just..speechless

makes me want to pull my kid out of school right now

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
As a parent of a daughter in elementary school, this is heartbreaking. My sympathies to the parents and families of the kids injured or killed and to those that will forever be changed by this incident. I'm in disbelief that this happened. A sad, sad day for humanity.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Fucking sick....why do these sprees keep happening and why is it always a well armed lunatic with no motive??

Because there's a well established template for Rampage Shootings already.

This will happen more, not less, unless the stress that provides an incubation laboratory for these occurrences is addressed.

Any attempts to exploit a political opportunity, by seeking tighter gun regulations or pushing open carry proposals, do unto the whole society a grave disservice.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
It is being reported now that one of the shooter's parents has been found shot in their home.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
This will happen more, not less, unless the stress that provides an incubation laboratory for these occurrences is addressed.

That sounds like fancy psychologist talk for "I have no idea what causes this".

bokmeow

That sounds like fancy psychologist talk for "I have no idea what causes this".

Suicidal tendencies grown out of despair during time of stress + social template for Rampage Shooting = replication of event.

Significant case studies have been made on this phenomena, but no one has seriously adopted any of the recommendations that had been made to address the underlying root cause.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
If the kids had been allowed to bring guns to school, this would never have happened.

bokmeow

Take the gun away from this lunatic and it doesn't happen.

How would you propose to do this? In almost all past cases of Rampage Shooting, they had no record of prior criminal offenses or misdemeanors.

More productive means of addressing the issue would be to increase funding for initiatives like suicide hotlines, promoting psychological counseling (and take the stigma away from seeking assistance), hire more psychologists and/or psychiatrists at large organizations (where intense sentiments of alienation can increase relationship volatility), etc.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
gun violence won't end until they get rid of guns completely... or get rid of people completely.

i'm all for either one

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
One of my apartment neighbors was beaten to death with a bar stool.

Ban bar stools.

OldSchoolGamer

Living teh 'Murican dream
There really are no words other than...WHAT....THE....FUCK. As time passes the death toll is RISING. Completely horrendous. I really hope there isnt a 2nd involved...but if so they better catch him before he offs himself too like the pussy's these people that do this fucked up shit are.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I recall when I lost of my best friends in a school shooting. The feeling is gut wrenching. I'm almost getting choked up thinking about it conjunction with this event.

I think no one caught Naiera was just proving a point about this is not the time for politics. No doubt it will turn into that debate, but for now we leave the families be.

I think that was the worst part about it, fucking journalists are going to bombard those parents to get a scoop. One reporter even messaged me on facebook asking me for my thoughts so she could write (a touching piece). I told her she was scum and to fuck off.

Everyone not involved that has an agenda will use this as a chance to speak it. People who are careless of others, but invested in their own ideals. People who are attention whores will broadcast how hurt they are and how they send their prayers. I think the right thing to do is to reflect personally what this event means to you on many levels it does mean something. Talk about it with people you care about, but to jump up and down like a coked out Jack Rustle just to show how much you care is just sad.

Then again that is the cynic in me talking.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Guns need to be banned.

If this attacker was using barstools, no way that many kids would have died.

This is beyond fucked up.