Connecticut Elementary School Shooting (AKA "Gun Control Debate" thread...)

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
sept_11_2.jpg

that's funny.

Ban airplanes.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Turrists took down tower 7 with box cutters.
Because they hate your freedom and Saddam tried to kill my daddy once.

Whats the opposite of a "truther", Bobak?

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
my thats funny was a sarcastic reference to the knives blazing comment. pic is not funny at all. really shows there is no point to a ban on guns and puts the violent threats to the manufacturers and shops referenced into more perspective. like I said earlier if you decided it was the thing to do you could come up with a way without using a firearm.

sight gag? nope.

if you needed to explain that picture that much, then maybe you shouldn't put it up. i made a silly joke. you tried making a juxtapositional statement without any words, but with horrifying imagery. bad form dude.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Oddly enough a coworker was telling me about the collapse of that building earlier in the week.

I wonder what it's like to actually know the truth.

IIRC: WTC 7 was the Giulianni Bunker that had a huge tank full of fuel on the top level.

Last edited:

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
So the Daily Show weighed in on this topic yesterday and Stewart cited that a solution would need to address the complexities involved (even referring to much of what was mentioned here, especially by galfordo).

Links in case anyone's interested and wishes to discuss/respond:

PART 1

PART 2

@karou: Without addressing your choice of imagery, do you think you could at least consider using a size smaller than ridiculously ginormous next time?

aria

Former Moderator
Alas, I get to bump this thread because of something that basically happened in my home town:

Today in a small town 30 minutes from where I grew up, a kid decided to go on a shotgun rampage.

The school had an armed guard, but today he was snowed in and unable to be at work.

How did they stop the shooter?

A teacher and another staff member talked him down.

Obviously, that's not going to work in every instance when someone decides to go crazy with a gun--deadly force may be needed.

But this also proved the potential hole in the NRA's theme that was obvious from the outset. My thought was a shooter would just make sure to target and kill the security guard first before shooting the rest.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The NRA's "solution" to the problem was a joke.

Cuomo was right about one thing - the solution isn't putting a pistol on the hip of every teacher and liberty most certainly isn't an armed guard in front of every school.

As someone in the field of education I find the entire idea of an armed guard in front of school reprehensible - though I know the reality is that in some municipalities they are needed, BUT for most schools that isn't a solution.

The NRA has nothing meaningful to bring to the discussion. Period. But, then again does the Obama administration and the other "experts" they called up have anything meaningful to say?

Where was the Second Amendment Foundation and why were they not invited to the Biden talks? Is it because the SAF has drastically changed the scope of gun ownership in this country over the past five years and with their brainchild Alan Gura rolled backed decades of gun control regulation through legal challenges against the constitutionality of such regulation?

Not that I'd expect the SAF to bring anything meaningful to the discussion of course.

Ultimately I think there will be no new meaningful regulation that hurts law abiding gun owners.

Congress might force the states to report more data, particularly mental health, to the NICS database.

Firearms are here to stay.

Any new regulation that is passed will see swift legal action by the NRA and SAF.

Last edited:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
But this also proved the potential hole in the NRA's theme that was obvious from the outset. My thought was a shooter would just make sure to target and kill the security guard first before shooting the rest.

well first of all, this was a shotgun that people use for hunting/sporting purposes, so no one was ever in any real danger, right?

anyway, the hope is that the security guard would stand up and take notice if a kid with a shotgun is spotted approaching the school ...

and yeah, if the kid has a handgun packed away, he might be able to take out the security guard first if he's able to walk right up to him - so why not install metal detectors to give him a heads up? they had them at the ghetto ass schools in my hometown when i was a kid, so why not have them in schools today?

if someone walks in the lobby with a firearm, then the doors lock automatically, and the police are notified, no armed guard necessary

Any new regulation that is passed will see swift legal action by the NRA and SAF.

as well it should, because most of it is feel-good horseshit

and wtf is up with McChrystal dipshit? do they give general rankings to everyone with a pulse and a lobotomy? talk about being a shill for the gun control lobby ...

he talks about the .223 round as if it's a fucking elephant gun ... anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of this round knows that it's anemic as a man-stopper - not even allowed as a deer-hunting round in most places, and rightfully so

obama did us a favor by shitcanning this moron

i honestly think the school problem in particular could be solved with technology - sure it'd be expensive, but who gives a fuck? we just gave away trillions to the banks for this shit economy, why not spend a few bucks to keep kids safe?

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
They will take my Terminator salvation from my cold dead hands.