Cyborg Force, new 2023 project

KGRAMR

Another Striker
It never hurts to see more run 'n' gun games these days. Looks pretty good so far! Wish the team good luck on the project 👍

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Great character select screen but in game sprites are too tiny imo.
I like to see larger ,detailed sprites.
The gameplay doesn't have to be innovative if the art has that wow factor like your selection screen imo.
BB

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I think this is really cool and what appears to be a neat passion project. Homebrew projects are always rad - but the second you try to make this a big physical expensive release type of thing, you will get so much hate rained upon you.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
^I appreciate the 3 and 4 credits displayed at the bottom of the screen. It shows the game follows AES conventions.

Yeah, with flash carts, Mister and so many other options, it's easy to do an innocent homebrew release now, as opposed to a physical preorder shitshow.

Johnny16Bit

Galford's Armourer
Thanks for the kind feedback guys :cheers:

^I appreciate the 3 and 4 credits displayed at the bottom of the screen. It shows the game follows AES conventions.

Yeah, with flash carts, Mister and so many other options, it's easy to do an innocent homebrew release now, as opposed to a physical preorder shitshow.

Sure the game will have all the bios / dipswitch gimmicks - except Japanese language probably, but you never know.

Regarding the release I think we'll have the usual array covered too, from the guys ready to pay a mint for a shiny box they will never open, to those who will make money out of our work in every possible way. :drool:
We won't say too much out of superstition, but yeah there are some preorder-related pitfalls we'd rather stay off. But I know you'll all be watching and giving us feedback on that too ;)

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Why is this in News & Rumours? This isn't SNK this is homebrew jank and we have a home for that (sadly still on these forums and not hidden away somewhere in the recesses of the dark web where it fucking belongs).

@CORY @Takumaji
Homebrew for an SNK console. So it's SNK-adjacent. Use your discretion I suppose.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I think this looks badass. Also there is a dude named max 3.30 with a mohawk in it. Instant purchase. 🤣
I do agree that slightly larger sprites would be better, but im a know nothing shit for brains when it comes to game dev so i have no idea whether that would require completely scrapping the original art you have and if so, of course that isnt feasible.

Johnny16Bit

Galford's Armourer
I think this looks badass. Also there is a dude named max 3.30 with a mohawk in it. Instant purchase. 🤣
I do agree that slightly larger sprites would be better, but im a know nothing shit for brains when it comes to game dev so i have no idea whether that would require completely scrapping the original art you have and if so, of course that isnt feasible.

Yeah you guessed it right, we'd have to put nearly everything to the bin; the game would certainly play differently too.
On the plus side, it'll be easier to have things going on on screen at a decent and steady framerate. :)

tomlee80

Kabuki Klasher
This looks great. I'm keen to find out what the ETA is for placing an order for an AES Cart and what sort of price it'll be. I haven't bought any homebrew carts yet and this might be my first. (y)

Johnny16Bit

Galford's Armourer
Thanks @tomlee80 !:beer:

It's too early yet to say anything about ordering & pricing - we don't even know if we'll be partnering with a publisher or not.
We're pretty confident though that the development will be completed this year, and we won't be starting any preorder thing before it is. ;)