Daft Punk is no more.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I sobbed watching "Epilogue" today.

Coming off the heels of finishing the Mandalorian.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Breaks my heart, but I’m not too surprised. They haven’t been truly active since 2013. Daft Punk was the first band/group that I discovered and enjoyed on my own, without any influence from anyone else. They changed my music tastes forever. Not only do I love their first three studio albums, but Alive 2007 is absolutely amazing, and their solo work is top notch too, with the Roule and Crydamoure labels. Really, Daft Punk was the gateway to all of the music I’ve discovered and have come to enjoy over the years. Won’t be surprised if I shed a tear or two putting on my vinyl copy of Discovery.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I remember when Blockbuster Music was still around in the 90's... When the album "Homework" was released, they had all this in-store signage for the album(as well as posters in the window). I remember the "electronica" aisle was 1/2 filled with just that album. At first I was all "lol I'm not going to buy that crap" until I decided to actually give it a listen. Also, the only time you ever saw any electronic(dance) music videos on MTV was at 2am when "AMP" came on... yet "Around The World" had gotten so popular, they actually started playing it during prime time.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
why does this even need to be announced?
is it so their next album can have reunion hype?

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
I was half expecting one of them to finally remove the helmet. But I’m happy they decided to officially call it quits rather than not do anything.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
19d861495a63e04cc3255ae1ef1b0318.jpg

RIP

1993-2021

It was a good run

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Was that just recycled footage from Electroma?

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
That shitty music they used to play in the nightclubs I went to back the day.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Trent Reznor and Mark Mothersbaugh.
Two other examples of people who were in bands that broke up. People are acting like the two robots died. They still can work. They can still make music.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Two other examples of people who were in bands that broke up. People are acting like the two robots died. They still can work. They can still make music.

dude that one robot totally blew up it was in the video so it must be true

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Two other examples of people who were in bands that broke up.

Um, Nine Inch Nails hasn't broken up ever. That would be hard since Trent Reznor is NIN.

But yeah, it sucks that Daft Punk is done, doesn't mean either one is done making music all together.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
I was half expecting one of them to finally remove the helmet. But I’m happy they decided to officially call it quits rather than not do anything.

I am glad they didn't remove their helmets.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Daft Punk vinyl is starting to get scalped hard. I pulled out my Discovery vinyl which I got at Amoeba Music San Fran brand new for $20, and listened to the album start to finish. I checked fleabay prices, and its between $100-$300 now, sold listings, even for pre owned copies. My limited repress copy of Music Sounds Better With You by Stardust (Thomas Bangalter) shot up as well. Got it for $15 brand new in 2019 and now it's a $75-$100 record. Nutty.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Not a single damned Mushiki post. Damned shame.

anyways. still one of the best viral videos. holy shit 13.5 yrs old

Last edited:

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Daft Punk vinyl is starting to get scalped hard. I pulled out my Discovery vinyl which I got at Amoeba Music San Fran brand new for $20, and listened to the album start to finish. I checked fleabay prices, and its between $100-$300 now, sold listings, even for pre owned copies. My limited repress copy of Music Sounds Better With You by Stardust (Thomas Bangalter) shot up as well. Got it for $15 brand new in 2019 and now it's a $75-$100 record. Nutty.

Wow - just checked the one Daft Punk record I own and it's going for over $100, pre-breakup.