Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Have you played Rayxanber ii?

I think the most memorable part of the game is the hilarious voice sample on the title screen

Just listen to that awesomeness

Yes I have the second game as well. I find it brutally difficult but have only played it a hand full of times. Yeah the voice at the title screen does sound strange lol.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
Playing some Magical Chase today.. I'm constantly blown away at what they were able to do with the PC Engine's sound capabilities. outstanding!

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Been playing a lot of Strikers 1945 on the Saturn and I can't beat that last boss....that motherfucker.

Don't know if Panzer Dragoon 1 counts but I love that fucking game and I've been playing a lot of it too.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Do you know about powering down and stuff?

I don’t.

I have the ghetto digital Switch version tho. Been a long time but I wouldn’t mind playing this again and learning how to do it properly...

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I don’t.

I have the ghetto digital Switch version tho. Been a long time but I wouldn’t mind playing this again and learning how to do it properly...

Crashing into enemy planes (not bullets!) will reduce your power level by one.

The more powered up you are, the more aggressive the AI becomes (rank).

I've found powering down useful in other psikyo titles..but I'm really terrible at strikers so I can't say for sure how helpful powering down ultimately is for that game.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Interesting, I honestly never new that. I don’t really know anything about shmup strategy/scoring - I also just play to see how far I can get and enjoy the scenery while killing stuff.

I’ll give that a shot, the only caveat being I am probably not good enough for the AI to start increasing in difficulty in the first place :keke:

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Crashing into enemy planes (not bullets!) will reduce your power level by one.

The more powered up you are, the more aggressive the AI becomes (rank).

I've found powering down useful in other psikyo titles..but I'm really terrible at strikers so I can't say for sure how helpful powering down ultimately is for that game.

Oh I see. Yeah I noticed that when I bump into enemies I'd power down but didn't know the AI gets involved too....whoa!!!

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Tengai was released last month on steam for the pc for anyone that's interested.
I paid about 7 quid for it so it's a bit of a steal at that price, great port as well.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Couldn't tell you if it's a ps2 port because i've never played it on that system but i've not noticed any lag to speak of to be honest.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Been playing some more Sonic Wings 3. Very close to the 1cc of the first loop. Thanks to the debugging functions I'm able to observe the enemy patterns easier which does help. After spending good time with the 3rd, I think Sonic Wings 3 is the better of the two Sonic Wings games on the Neo.

pathlesscookies

New Challenger
Been playing some more Sonic Wings 3. Very close to the 1cc of the first loop. Thanks to the debugging functions I'm able to observe the enemy patterns easier which does help. After spending good time with the 3rd, I think Sonic Wings 3 is the better of the two Sonic Wings games on the Neo.

Ive been playing aerofighters 2 , def want 3 as well

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Still playing Strikers 1945 and Layer Section for the Saturn. Furthest I can get on LS is Act 6 so yeah, I still need a LOT of practice.

For Strikers I still can't beat that last boss on normal. It's very bullet hellish towards the end.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi

Sonic Wings 2&3 are just amazing. I agree that 3 is better... the super unique soundtrack is what pushes it over the edge to me. It just sounds so unlike any other NEO•GEO game. I cant even think of any other arcade game from that period with music in that style.

I love the graphical style in the sonic wings games. They arent the most stereotypically “advanced” NEO•GEO games, but they have this smooth and clean look to them that i really enjoy.