Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
Its a hell lot of fun. Been playing it daily.
It seems they released a trailer for it...

The original game is on pc.... You can always try it there

Last edited:

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
^that looks awesome.

I've been working on Akai Katana slash mode, I can't really figure out how to play the other modes. So far my progress is similar to progear and Im getting the hang of switching between pressing/holding the shot button and i can get to the 3rd boss on a credit. Kinda pathetic, but it's still progress for me :glee:

Bardoly

n00b
I've been playing some PC Engine Cotton lately, but still having difficulty getting past level 4 or so.

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
Any recommendations on a cheapish vertical jamma shooter?

Something like Twin Hawk/Cobra or fire shark or outzone but not at eBay prices.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I second Raiden (or Raiden 2), both can be had on ebay for $50-75 if you get a little lucky. They have somewhat wonky sound (Raiden 1 requires -5V) and refresh rate issues on some monitors.

Also, Strikers 1945 (part 1 or 2) can be had for roughly the same amount, if you get a little lucky :p

For more in the $100-$150 range I’d go with Gunbird 2, 19XX, or Varth. If you like Outzone, maybe try Fixeight, also by Toaplan.

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
Thanks guys I'll take a look.

I see a lot of PS1 strikers on eBay. Does anyone know if that has a tate mode or is even any good?

Last edited:

Caplet

Cheng's Errand Boy
I see a lot of PS1 strikers on eBay. Does anyone know if that has a tate mode or is even any good?

If it's the US version, it's actually Strikers 1945 II and does not have a tate mode. It's not bad, considering.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
After just a few days I got the 1-All (2-1) for Gunbird. It's my sole Psikyo clear.

gunbird.jpg

Last edited:

Some Mist

NEST Puppet
thunder dragon 2/big bang on mame. game is so hard, but addicting.

only pushing 600k atm barely hitting stage 4. holding 8 bombs gets pretty insanely difficult on stage 2 when you have to go up against those 3 tanks at once that switch between rapid fire and a spread.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Finally got the 1-All with Spanky on Aero Fighters 3.
Made it to 2-2 then fell apart...
kHD68og.jpg

Some Mist

NEST Puppet
congrats :>

never played an aero fighters game but it's definitely on my list of games to check out.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Just grinding along in DDP, threw in some Raiden Project and Xanac x Xanac on the PS3.

Zed Blade on teh Neo.

Some Mist

NEST Puppet
broke 700k in thunder dragon 2 last night. I can feel that 1mil right around the corner.

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Playing salamander 2. Never played it before owning the pcb and it's fun...not as good as salamander, but still pretty fun.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Got a couple of MFBL clears in the past couple of days, gonna work on Maniac this weekend.

Spoiler:
oPny46V.jpg

Last edited:

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Got a couple of MFBL clears in the past couple of days, gonna work on Maniac this weekend.

Spoiler:
oPny46V.jpg

Nice! PCB or 360? (Assuming 360)

I've yet to dive deep into Black Label, but people seem to enjoy it, so maybe I'll try to get hooked next time Futari 360s in the machine.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Nice! PCB or 360? (Assuming 360)

I've yet to dive deep into Black Label, but people seem to enjoy it, so maybe I'll try to get hooked next time Futari 360s in the machine.

Ya, it's the 360. PCB is a little pricey for my tastes lol!

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
I recently got AeroFighters 2 I have that and AF3 loaded in my cab, I really wanted 2 but Im a bit surprised I like 3 better at the moment.
Always have Ironclad loaded in the 6slot as well.