Discontinued items you wish were still available

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Vectrexes.

There should be a whole aisle of Vectrexes at every store in murica.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Vectrexes.

There should be a whole aisle of Vectrexes at every store in murica.

Can you imagine the hum and buzz of that aisle if they were all turned on?
I don't think I would consider antiquated tech as discontinued tho.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Can you imagine the hum and buzz of that aisle if they were all turned on?
I don't think I would consider antiquated tech as discontinued tho.

I don't care. My Vectrex is broken beyond my ability to repair and I'm butthurt as fuck about it.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I’d settle for vector monitors in general. Don’t need the console.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
This coat, it's from A/W 11' iirc, missed out on it back then and have tried to find it via consignment stores etc, no dice:
burberry-prorsum-orange-wool-duffle-coat.jpg

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
I"ve recently been trying to find these taco ball branded chips called reaper ranch chips. I emailed taco bell about them and looks like they were discontinued. Its a bummer when this happens, I thought it would be a neat thread topic though. So what are some things you wish were still on the market today.

View attachment 57692
The Carolina Reaper is the world's hottest variety of chili pepper.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
This coat, it's from A/W 11' iirc, missed out on it back then and have tried to find it via consignment stores etc, no dice:
burberry-prorsum-orange-wool-duffle-coat.jpg

Beautiful coat, do they make it for men?

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Miss Piggy bubblegum toothpaste (only kind of toothpaste I ever enjoyed)
Wwf ice cream bars
Coke2/New Coke (wife is a coke collector and been looking for that stuff for years)

fake

15 Year Member
Jojo' Bizarre Adventure on Xbox 360.

Wwf ice cream bars
Coke2/New Coke (wife is a coke collector and been looking for that stuff for years)

You just reminded me that I used to love Slimer toothpaste.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Wwf ice cream bars

Didn’t New Coke get a re release with Stranger Things last year?

Not the same for a collector but if you just miss drinking it I’m sure you could still find some.

Or buy a Pepsi

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
She got that one but wants I think it was called coke2. The sad part for me is I can't have junk food without serious repurcussions health wise. So all the good shit from the past I couldn't partake in anyways.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Didn’t New Coke get a re release with Stranger Things last year?

Not the same for a collector but if you just miss drinking it I’m sure you could still find some.

Or buy a Pepsi
I was trying to find some of that new coke when it was supposedly re-released, but couldn't. At least not in my town, I couldn't find it anywhere.

I wanted to try it, I can't remember what it tasted like. People tell me it was like Pepsi, which is... gross.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I was trying to find some of that new coke when it was supposedly re-released, but couldn't. At least not in my town, I couldn't find it anywhere.

I wanted to try it, I can't remember what it tasted like. People tell me it was like Pepsi, which is... gross.

You had to order it online through Coke direct.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster

They had displays of it in the Wal-Mart I work at. It was a year or 2 back.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
You had to order it online through Coke direct.

Yeah...I did just that.

It was...unremarkable.

I often think that we remember foods with rose color glasses. Typically, if something is good, it will remain on the market because it will sell. When items are pulled, it's typically because few people liked it.

i often use my 12 year old as an example...she likes anything junk food, no matter how shitty it is. We'll take her to a nice restaurant, she'll taste the food, then say something like "It's pretty good...but McDonalds is better" or reference some crappy fast food slop. We took her to a great local Vietnamese place...and she referenced Panda Express as being better.

I have a feeling that if I could go back and try things I loved when I was 8, I wouldn't be so impressed with half of them today.

fake

15 Year Member
There are still a few near me, but many are just part of Dairy Queen now.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
There are still a few near me, but many are just part of Dairy Queen now.

Same for me, its at a Dairy Queen within walking distance to me. Used to have one in the mall that is now gone as well, but that was where I would get mine. When I took Home Economics in middle school, one of the things the teacher showed us was how to make a homemade version of an Orange Julius, basically frozen oj, milk, vanilla extract, and ice.

Last edited:

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
That SNL skit was great, I never saw it before!

I have memories of Orange Juilius in the mall food court which was a stone's throw away from the arcade