Disney acquires Lucasfilm for $4.05billion, announces Episode VII for 2015.

BeefJerky

Tunnel Jew
20 Year Member
*sigh*

I'm sure Episode VII will feature some ancestor of Jar Jar Binks wielding a lightsaber. :oh_no:

Here is some fun reading material by the geniuses at Cracked.com:

http://www.cracked.com/article_19576_6-pop-culture-visionaries-who-get-too-much-credit.html

Scroll down to number 5 if you just want to read about Lucas. The whole article is pretty good though.

http://www.cracked.com/article/167_5-reasons-star-wars-sequels-would-be-worse-than-prequels/

This is also pretty good. If you aren't familiar with Cracked.com, it's hilarious, I recommend it if you're bored and need to kill some time.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I hope it sucks, I want a plinket review.

I suppose it's a good investment for them, it doesn't matter if it's good or bad, everyone will go see it if only to bitch about it and everyone will buy it if only to fill the new gap in the shelf.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Internet does not take long.

425944_428080353908070_931290390_n.jpg

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
This.
I watched episode one and then two, after that I had enough torture and never went through the trouble of watching episode three.
IV, V, VI were enough indeed.

I think you should give III a go, it's pretty good. I would say it goes V > IV > III > VI > II > AIDS > I

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
You have got to be kidding. You've got to be.

Nope. I found the Dark Empire series to be a good read. I like where they took all the main characters.
You also have one hell of an enemy if you go build a movie around Exar Kun. Outside of Vader, they don't really have much of an enemy.

i think Harrison Ford could reprise his role. The dood is immortal.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
It would be pretty bad ass if they had the new Stars Wars story Arc following Kyle Katarn, who I think is an interesting character. With Hamill and others making Cameos but focusing on Katarn and his adventures becoming a new Jedi.

But... I'm probably the only one who would give a shit too see that.

Last edited:

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
This is crazy. I never thought I'd see another Star Wars be made. Hat's off to George, this is the best thing he's done with the series in nearly 30 years. No Mot, 3 is not better than Jedi.

Anselm

Camel Slug
At least Disney won't stand before congress, pleading for the film industry to not edit older films, like adding color, because they are part of our culture and heritage...and then go and do the same thing to their own works a decade later.

The fans didn't do anything to Lucas. He did it to himself. All of the Star Wars works are PG-13. I think Disney is an excellent home for Lucasfilms. Of course, the adults will complain about things like Jar-Jar, but the kids will love it. Just like adults thought C3PO was stupid. Nostalgia does wonders for perspective.

~Anselm~

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
No Mot, 3 is not better than Jedi.

Jedi is good in terms of the story but it's aged the worst out of the original 3 hence III > Jedi. There's really nothing at all wrong with III, it's easily the best of the second lot, has an easy story to follow and I really liked the whole "how vader came to be" at the end.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
There's really nothing at all wrong with III
I wouldn't go that far.

But I do agree that without the momentum of 4 & 5, 6 may be weaker than 3. But the thing is, 6 does have that momentum.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I just hope this means Hasbro won't continue to hold the rights to Star Wars board games.

Because they sure as shit haven't put one out worth a damn in awhile.

Also hope this doesn't mess with Fantasy Flight Games ability to license the Star Wars IP for non-board based Star Wars games. They have some good stuff coming out...I wish they'd get the board game license.

Last edited:

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Jedi is good in terms of the story but it's aged the worst out of the original 3 hence III > Jedi. There's really nothing at all wrong with III, it's easily the best of the second lot, has an easy story to follow and I really liked the whole "how vader came to be" at the end.

I dunno I like Jedi and I have a hard time stomaching any of the prequels. They're soooo bad. My favorite of them is Episode 1 because it has Jar Jar and they race. It sucks shit. To me, the best Star Wars has gotta be the first one, A New Hope. It has magic powers.

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
The Marvel movies haven't been suffering under Disney, so I don't see this as a bad thing at all. And you know what, I'd like to see another Indiana Jones movie too. All the other '80s actions stars are making movies again, so why not Harrison Ford too?

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Thoughts?

Yeah. A company I've stopped caring about 30 years ago buys up another company I stopped caring about 20 years ago to make yet another sequel of a franchise I've stopped caring 10 years ago (okay, make that 20 but 10 sounds better).

I mean, seriously... ...another Star Wars? That's as surprising an announcement as any of those Apple product revelations (new iPad, iPhone, or both, ad infinitum).

Jacen

Rugal's Thug
3 was just as bad as the rest of the prequels, apart from the pretty cool beginning, I don't know what the fuck you see in it.

ANH was the best by far, they got steadily worse after that.

I won't get my hopes up for these new movies being any good. Especially if the people who worked on the prequels are involved in these new movies.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
There's really nothing at all wrong with III, it's easily the best of the second lot, has an easy story to follow and I really liked the whole "how vader came to be" at the end.

That's like saying the shit I took yesterday was better than the shit I took today.

Episode VII? No thanks.