Do I have to accept buyer’s return for this BS?

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
That extra $600 a month can go towards that statue of Conan on a elliptical that just came out.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Have him refuse delivery. Refund him the purchase price minus shipping costs (remember that you will be responsible for return) and paypal fees (as they are no longer refunded to you).

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
My 10 month old bought and paid for two things on Ebay.

1 A record that I had in my watchlist.
2 A framed picture of a ferris wheel ($35!).

I didn't ask for a refund of the record since I know the guy selling it (semi-Local).
I did ask to cancel the purchase of the ferris wheel picture.

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
Fuck eBay , wish there was a second option.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member

There are secondary markets for almost any genre, but they are not going to be any better. Shitty consumers are everywhere.
People have lengthy guides on how to abuse Amazon's DNA service. People get accustomed to being shitty, and it spills over to small businesses where it really hurts.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I bought some LEGO sets on Mercari after watching the commercial with the dancing girl girl selling her headphones...never heard of it before.

Good experience as a buyer, but not sure how it works as a seller. Looks like sellers don’t get paid until the buyer leaves feedback and they have 3 days from date of delivery to do that. At least that how it seems to work...which I could see resulting in shitty situations for sellers...

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
There are secondary markets for almost any genre, but they are not going to be any better. Shitty consumers are everywhere.
People have lengthy guides on how to abuse Amazon's DNA service. People get accustomed to being shitty, and it spills over to small businesses where it really hurts.

Discogs is way better than amazon or ebay for used music (both buying and selling). If someone would make "Discogs for Videogames" they could do rather well.

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member

I just had to cancel an order on an earthbound cart I was selling via 7 day auction. The girl who bought it said she found one cheaper ( she placed a bid yesterday). Buyers remorse is more likely what happened, good thing she didn’t pay yet as PayPal keeps fees on returns now!

I

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Discogs is way better than amazon or ebay for used music (both buying and selling). If someone would make "Discogs for Videogames" they could do rather well.

Videogame markets have come and gone. Remember chuckwagon? There's nothing about Discogs that makes it inherently better. It still can have shitty consumers either way.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
200k yet wanted his wife to quit her job so he could collect that unemployment check.

how does this work? I didn't realize you could quit a job and collect unemployment...if you got fired...

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Videogame markets have come and gone. Remember chuckwagon? There's nothing about Discogs that makes it inherently better. It still can have shitty consumers either way.

I remember Chuck Wagon.

The advantage that Discogs has over Ebay is that it is collector oriented and built on a robust database. To sell on discogs, you have to know what you are doing. It appeals to detail oriented collectors.

Another model that might work for video games is the Stockx model where the exchange not only serves as a marketplace, but as an escrow service.

Last edited: