Do you play/finish all your games?

Galford Forever

Krizalids Fashion Designer
My question is -- do you guys actually find the time to play and finish all the games you buy?? I find that I could never keep up with all the good new releases that I would like. Hell, I haven't played Wind Waker yet -- it's still sealed on my shelf. I don't even buy that many new games, but I still can't keep up with them even then. I never played Metroid Prime, although I would like to. I have at least a dozen unplayed games.

The problem is mainly due to all the fantastic RPGs, etc. There are so many great games out there that require 20+ hours to get through (or 40+ even) that I never get the time to play them all.

And I like to really play a game through in its entirety before I shelve it.

How do some of you do it? Or are you all in the same boat as me?

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
I finish about 80% of the games I buy, though some of them are intentionally endless (such as the Harvest Moon series). Right now I'm mucking through Kingdom Hearts and X-Men Legends II.

Spike23

Ninja Combat Warrior
the only ones i ever truly finish are the 2-D/3-D fighters and shooters.

any type of RPG, action-oriented games usually take a bit longer (due to work, my girlfriend, and personal shit), so i finish them............eventually. the last game i finished (not counting shooters or fighters) was Resident Evil 4 on PS2 and i plan on diving back in for more. as of now, i'm near the end of Need For Speed Most Wanted (X-Box), in the middle of the new Castlevania (X-Box), just getting into True Crime NY (X-Box), and i still have a ways to go on that recent Hulk and Spidey game that came out (both on PS2). i'm also working on that Evil Dead: Resurrection game on X-Box.

i'll play one like a fucking madman for a few days and then switch off (granted i only really get to play for a few hours each day).

Last edited:

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
I still can't beat Ninja Gaiden for the NES since 1989. Ninja Gaiden II was easy, Hard to Beat my ass! and Ninja Gaiden III was harder to beat than the first one even though I beat it. :) :cool:

Sometimes I go back and play some of my new and old games whenever I feel like it. :D :cool:

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
I rarely finish games
I like buying new games too much
Id say i finish 10% of games i own

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Nah, I don't finish that many of them anymore. Maybe about 20%. It gives me a warm feeling to have unopened games lying around though. :kekeke:

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
Shawn Carr2o said:
Sometimes I go back and play some of my new and old games whenever I feel like it. :D :cool:
This statement makes 0.5% sense.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
In RPGs I get to a point where I have half an hour til the end, and I never beat it.

Why the fuck my stupid ass won't beat Smithy is beyond me. Laziness I suppose. That and time constraints, I blame the clock for making seconds go so fast.

Galford Forever

Krizalids Fashion Designer
Shawn Carr2o said:
I still can't beat Ninja Gaiden for the NES since 1989. Ninja Gaiden II was easy, Hard to Beat my ass! and Ninja Gaiden III was harder to beat than the first one even though I beat it. :) :cool:

Ninja Gaiden is hot. I beat that game like 15 years ago. I never did completely finish II -- I found that one to be hard. Never got III.

Man those games were great.

I kind of feel bad that I miss out on all these great new games that come out, but I don't like to have a collection and don't want a lot of stuff that just sits on the shelf, so I try not to buy too many and still I end up with a lot of unopened games. I don't like to move on until I'm totally through a game.

Yeah, RE4 rocks. I kind of wish I hadn't traded that game in. I'll probably buy it again.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Ive finished hundreds, maybe even over a thousand games. I dont have the patients like I used to though as I have become somewhat jaded.

One game I have never finished though is: Wrath of the black manta. Couldnt figure out how to beat the last guy. Tried everything.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Only the games that really keep me interested.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
I try to be as choosy as I can be with game purchases so that its something I'm going to get a lot of entertainment out of and eventually finish playing.

If you buy so many games and don't finish them, it probably speaks to a much higher problem than not simply having time.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I used to buy about 2-3 games a week when I was 7-14, and beat 85% of them.

I would play and play and play - sometimes leaving baseball practice early to get the Excalibur in Final Fantasy 2, or level up in Ys III...

I had TONS of money back then and no expenses - it was all put towards the most lavish gaming vault in my "secret" room in my parents house...

I was really into gaming from 3rd grade onto 7th, in that time I picked myself up a Turbo, Lynx, Jaguar, 3DO, Neo and the Sega Hardware Army. I beat almost all of the games I picked up for those systems - my gaming enthusiasm kind of subsided in 8th, but not by much - and my last gaming hurrah was the PlayStation my Freshman year... I remember beating Ridge Racer, Total Eclipse, Jumping Flash and constantly playing ESPN Extreme Games on the Demo Disc that came with it...

Then when the 64 came out - I picked it up and only played it for a little bit - beating a lot of games on it...

But from 17 to now, I honestly do not know of 1 game that I beat for the Xbox, Game Cube or PS2... I don't think I beat any!

I just play them a little bit then put them away...

Todays gaming (360) - I just pick very few games that I KNOW I will enjoy and spend a lot of time with - even if its over an extended period of time...

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
I try to complete as many as possible, but generally all my MVS games and currently about 20% of my PS2 games.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
TonK said:
I used to buy about 2-3 games a week when I was 7-14, and beat 85% of them.

I would play and play and play - sometimes leaving baseball practice early to get the Excalibur in Final Fantasy 2, or level up in Ys III...

I had TONS of money back then and no expenses - it was all put towards the most lavish gaming vault in my "secret" room in my parents house...

I was really into gaming from 3rd grade onto 7th, in that time I picked myself up a Turbo, Lynx, Jaguar, 3DO, Neo and the Sega Hardware Army. I beat almost all of the games I picked up for those systems - my gaming enthusiasm kind of subsided in 8th, but not by much - and my last gaming hurrah was the PlayStation my Freshman year... I remember beating Ridge Racer, Total Eclipse, Jumping Flash and constantly playing ESPN Extreme Games on the Demo Disc that came with it...

Then when the 64 came out - I picked it up and only played it for a little bit - beating a lot of games on it...

But from 17 to now, I honestly do not know of 1 game that I beat for the Xbox, Game Cube or PS2... I don't think I beat any!

I just play them a little bit then put them away...

Todays gaming (360) - I just pick very few games that I KNOW I will enjoy and spend a lot of time with - even if its over an extended period of time...

:eek:
Talk about curt being a spoilt kid...

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
I have finished most of my AES/MVS games. I have finished maybe 20% of my Genesis games.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I'd say I finish half of the games I buy. [recent releases]

I try to finish ALL the retro titles I pick up for PC Engine.

sliceypete

Astra Superstar
15 Year Member
I barely ever finish any games..... i have a stack of ps2 and the only one i can think of that i almost beat was god of war. but i did recently beat megaman X, now thats a fun games lol.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
TonK said:
I sold drugs since I was 12...

I had TONS of money...
:spock:
Cantve had the most caring parents in the world then...

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
If by 'finish' you mean 'see the end cinematic and the credits roll' then I guess I've finished just over half the games I've bought.
(Its hard for me to do an accurate count because I tend to sell the games I finish, and I also have shitloads of PSone games that I bought dirt cheap and just filed away somewhere - I dont really count them as being on my active 'to do' list though).
Of course, games like Dynasty Warriors and Soulcalibur are supposed to be beaten many times over, and I never bother to finish those games with 100% of stuff unlocked, but I just tell myself "Meh, If I can finish it once, I can probably finish it 100 times"
Yea, I know
Rimshot.

Shumps I barely ever finish - I just plain suck at them. Unless you count using infinate credits just to get to the end....... but thats not really the point of a shump is it.
Oh and Megaman games - I suck real bad at those too

Does getting the 'Shit ending' count? Y'know, kile in Contra:SS?

iamyagami22

Viewpoint Vigilante
No. In fact I hardly ever finish a game. I usually just end up playing one of my favorites. Lately all I play is RE4, since nothing else can top it why bother playing anything else?

goingmerry

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
only games i ever finished were SNES games. i never ever finish ps2 or cube games for some reason, i guess i just lose intrest after a while.

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
soulthug said:
This statement makes 0.5% sense.

ms3-fiozombiebarf.gif