Do you work your ass off?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Damn it, I forgot what ssia means again.

BeefJerky

I got broads in Atlanta
20 Year Member
I take too many smoke breaks to be a hard worker.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
If I'm going to do something, I put maximum effort into it. I figure if I have to be at work anyway, I may as well do a good job.

The only catch is, if I don't feel like putting maximum effort into stuff I just blow it off entirely. Like when I was in school, I'd rather have taken a 0 on a report than turn in something I didn't feel represented my abilities.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
I sit at a desk all day, clicking around the innanets. Yesterday I fell asleep. No one said anything. No I do not work hard.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
It completely varies. I currently have 2 jobs, one is year round, the other is from Sept-May (part time teaching job).

There are times when I have zip to do...and I mean nothing. I come it to work and almost sit there, waiting for something to happen. There are times when I am so burred, I can no longer see the sun.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
When I'm under a deadline, I bust my ass for sure. Thing is, we have alot of down time too, so I'll often have days where I just sit at my desk all day with zero to do.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
When I'm under a deadline, I bust my ass for sure. Thing is, we have alot of down time too, so I'll often have days where I just sit at my desk all day with zero to do.

I know those feels. When I have a project deadline...it is super high stress and I have to give it my all. Then there's the other half, as you put it. Kind of just sitting there, filing a chair.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I know those feels. When I have a project deadline...it is super high stress and I have to give it my all. Then there's the other half, as you put it. Kind of just sitting there, filing a chair.

It's brutal at times. Going through 15 or 20 drafts on a project because a department will find something they want to add. I wish that these things would be conveyed during the downtime, but as I'm sure you know, it never is.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
My office job was much the same. I never liked how when it was crazy busy you were expected to stay all hours, yet when you had nothing at all to do nobody once said fuck it, everyone's happy, take the afternoon off. There's a definite feeling in corporate life that if you're not miserable they aren't getting their monies worth out of you.

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
Well, I have a dayjob and I write (or at least try to) the rest of the day away... so no, not really. Wish I had more free time, but eh, who doesn't?

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Honestly time goes faster when I bust my ass, though if the bosses wanna fuck with me and try to get me to do more then I can handle I can crank the work level down and the crabby volume up. :)

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Damn it, I forgot what ssia means again.

Special Saving Incentive Account

There's a definite feeling in corporate life that if you're not miserable they aren't getting their monies worth out of you.

agreed. if every one's happy and things are running smoothly in a workplace, some employers take that as sign that there's something they're not doing right.

Last edited:

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I've learned no good deed goes unpunished. I've got it pretty easy where I work now compared to how it used to be a few years ago. The more you exceed the more it becomes the norm and is expected of you with no return. I once had that brought up to me in a review. You're not putting in the hours you used to and your productivity has declined. They actually used that as a reason to give me the baseline 3% raise. It was that moment I realized you're cattle to them. There's no incentive for me to work 60+ hour weeks anymore. I want for nothing. Why make someone else rich off my labor.

This is probably a sign I should have gone into business for myself, but fuck the stress of having to cut a check to myself to live.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I work my ass off. On the upside I never have to go to a gym.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
I work my ass off. On the upside I never have to go to a gym.

:lolz: the doctor told my dad he should consider doing more exercise. my dad replied with "but i work all day. isn't that more than enough exercise?". i told him that it's not the same thing.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
construction workers & contractors do.. so no, I don't really

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
If everyone worked their ass off I'd be out off business! :p

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
I'm angling for a promotion, so I was working my ass off from March 4th to July 12th. I was covering for 2 other people at the time, and had been slammed by work.

It's quieting down now, and there's a really good chance I'll get the promotion too.