Does this make you sad?

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Not really. There are plenty of NES systems out there.

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
Did they finally confirm the pillaging of componutes for the analog aluminum monstrosity?

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Nah, all you've gotta do is blow into the cartridges and clean the connectors with a q-tip.

It'll play...no problemo.

Not as sad as this:

jiOijei.jpg

Or this:

dmLW9uO.jpg

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
Not really. There are plenty of NES systems out there.

They are not making these things any more. Just because there are a lot now does not mean there will be in the future if people/companies start killing them off for parts.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
No, I'm not sad. This isn't like sac'ing neo carts or something. NES systems are a dime a dozen. If you find broken ones, that might be a literal price.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
:lolz: this whole thread made me smile. Not all topics and pictures on N-G.com have to be crude to be funny. The NES is one of the uglier consoles IMO, but putting those sad eyes on it make a difference.

How about if Christoph was using broken NES systems and then fixing them for his contraption (if even possible), would that make it better?

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
:lolz: this whole thread made me smile. Not all topics and pictures on N-G.com have to be crude to be funny. The NES is one of the uglier consoles IMO, but putting those sad eyes on it make a difference.

How about if Christoph was using broken NES systems and then fixing them for his contraption (if even possible), would that make it better?

Question would be how broken are they. A lot of "broken" systems are just bad 72 pin connectors and or a faulty 7805. Systems like this are still perfectly fine since both of these are fairly easy to fix. If he is using original parts he would not be using the NES PCB as he said its redesigned. He also said its not a clone or emulation so that rules out a one chip solution, clone PPU/CPU, or FPGA. The only way to do a new NES design without it being any of those is to sack the PPU and CPU out of a game system. So there are one of two things happening right now. He is being extremely misleading with the details or he is harvesting those two parts and putting them on a PCB of his design. There are non destructive methods of getting RGB out of an NES these days without sacking consoles to do so. If he is harvesting parts the Nt is going to be an overpriced game system that kills original units and does nothing special compared to the original with some modwork done to it.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
NES Lobotomy. Great band name.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
So what mod is Drakon attempting on it?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
no. still isn't right though.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The only NES mod I ever bothered to do was to disable the region lock chip.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
40 year old is a little too high for my taste.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
That bottle of lotion in the background is what sells the second one.