Dr neo Geo sure knows how to treat a customer, look at the nice replies I get!

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
I just sold Metal Slug 3 to someone on the forums. I took a $80 loss because I was honest with the condition but oh well. Thanks for the great transaction DrNeoGeo!

Be careful when dealing with flo, he obviously has bad eyesight.

bulletnyourass

noble trader
I was just wondering if it has occurred to anyone that for those of you who received NON MINT merchandise that he may still have the "ACTUAL" mint copy of what you bought?. I mean he's getting out of the Neo so he can hold on to a couple of peices and sell those individually through EBAY or by communicating directly with other collectors. It just seems odd that the SUPER MINT Carton Box Magician Lord is anything but MINT! I am not saying Florian is a crook. I just think that sometimes money can cause people to do some weird things.

Phillip

Liquid Snake said:
Is Dr. NeoGeo really a "Dr. Neo Geo"?

First I thought he's a true "collector" as he's so proud of his "Minty" or "Mint like new" AES games (as he states that he'll never buy any AES game unless it's prestine new in condition).

Then his website shows his dedication toward Neo.

Now the picture Big Al shows isn't "mint" at all. What is this?

Where is Dr. NeoGeo?

Isn´t he the guy who supposedly played the romz to keep his carts in "mint" condition?

Last edited:

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
If you don't want scuffs on your cart, why don't you put scotch tape all around the base before insertation? :p

smokeingit

n00b
why doesnt dr.dolittle reply to anything in this thread? does dr.steal'em even know whats going on? someone make him aware please

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
c.t.h said:
If you don't want scuffs on your cart, why don't you put scotch tape all around the base before insertation? :p

You do not collect AES. You have no clue what you are talking about at all. These scuffs are not insertion marks dumbass.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Well, its often for neo homecarts to have the scuffs on the front of the cart, however those 3 marks are not scuffs at all, in fact they are internal bracing marks. Along with those are 2 more areas prone to blemishes and that is the front slightly off center portions. If you examine the interior of a homecart, you will find bosses (in the mvs cart, you will fiind these bosses lie in the same spot at the screw holes). That said, even games I've recieved new have these marks on them, thus they are indeed in mint condition as homecarts are not terribly high quality pieces. I believe them to be modeled after the mvs carts ( would save many tooling dollars that way). This post is not to say who/what is wrong or right, just to hopefully shed some more light on those pesky "insertion marks".

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
mikace01 said:
You do not collect AES. You have no clue what you are talking about at all. These scuffs are not insertion marks dumbass.

And you are such a great collector :tickled: :glee:

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
xtoo_short20x said:
And you are such a great collector :tickled: :glee:

Yea, I collect (collected) AES games and I have a pretty good idea of what I am talking about when it comes to conditions of AES carts. CTH on the other hand was making a sarcastic remark to me because I was complaining about the condition of the game I got from Florian when he doesn't know anything at all about collecting AES carts. Your sad attempt at trying to make me angry didn't work, all it did was make me laugh.

SNKJorge

mikace01 said:
Yea, I collect (collected) AES games and I have a pretty good idea of what I am talking about when it comes to conditions of AES carts. CTH on the other hand was making a sarcastic remark to me because I was complaining about the condition of the game I got from Florian when he doesn't know anything at all about collecting AES carts. Your sad attempt at trying to make me angry didn't work, all it did was make me laugh.

I never attempted to make you mad, just stating a fact.
You don't have that much experience anyway.

SNKJorge

mikace01 said:
Ok. Only you do. :)

Not only I do. But owning 10 measly games doesn't give
you any sort of extensive experience.:glee:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
After seeing the pictures, I think this is extremely obsessive.
That game looks fine to me.
If you cannot accept that kind of game Mikace, quit neo geo. Its becoming to much misery for you. MVS is your better move.
Cause the longer you stick around, the more you will see that.
I've gotten worse stuff from some of the best sellers, and I consider the games as they were graded. Since I can let myself enjoy things. Its never fair. I have kept my mouth shut on my opinion of some of the stuff I've received. And if I got a game like yours over these things, I would never have been unhappy.

There should be no words to describe condition.
Just thorough pictures.
Nobody submits for a ferrari before seeing pictures of the car itself. Perhaps a personal buy.
I am not being mean to you, just stating that you have impossible standards. I deal with a slight OCD problem. You show signs of this same patterns I exhibit. Except mine is so cognitive, its hard to differentiate one feeling from another.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
For the record, I agree with Mikace, and any of you getting on his back about this are FUCKING IDIOTS who should just leave the boards. That includes you Jorge.

The game is in less than mint, less than near mint even, condition. YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT IF YOU'RE SUCH A BIG SHOT. But the truth is Jorge, you just got into this, and you think dumping $15,000 on homecarts and CDs within a year bought you the title of expert, and an access card into the members only club. You just wanted an excuse to be arrogant and slam people. That's fucking sad.

The game is scratched, discolored, and has a rather noticeable amount of scuffs on the back.

When I bought SW2 from Christophe, the game had no discoloration, no scratches, and no scuffs. The way he packed the cart was that he wrapped the cartridge in bubble wrap, and separate from the case. This prevented any scuffing to occur. He didn't fuck around. He knew that some people look at the word mint and have high standards.

Perhaps Dr. Neo Geo was like you, Jorge, thinking "oh, this kid is not an expert. he won't mind." I hope you don't use this type of thinking to pass of sub mint carts from your expert collection as mint later on. That would be quite weak.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
conclusion:

tooshort is an elitist twat.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
EvilWasabi said:
For the record, I agree with Mikace, and any of you getting on his back about this are FUCKING IDIOTS who should just leave the boards. That includes you Jorge.

The game is in less than mint, less than near mint even, condition. YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT IF YOU'RE SUCH A BIG SHOT. But the truth is Jorge, you just got into this, and you think dumping $15,000 on homecarts and CDs within a year bought you the title of expert, and an access card into the members only club. You just wanted an excuse to be arrogant and slam people. That's fucking sad.

The game is scratched, discolored, and has a rather noticeable amount of scuffs on the back.

When I bought SW2 from Christophe, the game had no discoloration, no scratches, and no scuffs. The way he packed the cart was that he wrapped the cartridge in bubble wrap, and separate from the case. This prevented any scuffing to occur. He didn't fuck around. He knew that some people look at the word mint and have high standards.

Perhaps Dr. Neo Geo was like you, Jorge, thinking "oh, this kid is not an expert. he won't mind." I hope you don't use this type of thinking to pass of sub mint carts from your expert collection as mint later on. That would be quite weak.

well said.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Thanks.

EvilWasabi said:

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Magnaflux said:
Well, its often for neo homecarts to have the scuffs on the front of the cart, however those 3 marks are not scuffs at all, in fact they are internal bracing marks. Along with those are 2 more areas prone to blemishes and that is the front slightly off center portions. If you examine the interior of a homecart, you will find bosses (in the mvs cart, you will fiind these bosses lie in the same spot at the screw holes). That said, even games I've recieved new have these marks on them, thus they are indeed in mint condition as homecarts are not terribly high quality pieces. I believe them to be modeled after the mvs carts ( would save many tooling dollars that way). This post is not to say who/what is wrong or right, just to hopefully shed some more light on those pesky "insertion marks".

Please, don't give me this "every cart is like that" talk. Out all my AES carts this MS3 is in the worst condition. Those other "near mint" games in my collection outshine a "mint" game, how can that be? I have seen plenty of carts without these flaws. Your right, not many carts have no scuffing on the back. That is why a truely "mint" cart is so hard to find. If you specifically ask a seller about scuffing and he lies to you and says there is none like are good friend Florian did there is no excuse. Also, if you can't follow a simple request to put the instructions under the cart during shipping so the SNK logo doesn't scratch the back of the cart up, you shouldn't be selling Neo-Geo games. Florian lied to me, simply put. People saying that this cart is mint have no clue what they are talking about.

Notice how Flo has not responded to any posts in this thread? Well he has not replied to my numerous emails either. I sent him the pics as he requested and have yet to get a reply. Why do you think this is? He doesn't want to face the music and refund me my money. Conclusion: Florian is a liar and a cheat with no integrity at all. I can't believe that most of you are siding with him and supporting him on this cart he sold me. Thank you Charlie, Bar , and the few others that support my claims, I appreciate it.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
My turn to say something I guess. While to me Mikace standards of what he wants his games to look like are extremely high, something I would have neither time, patience, or money to track down those condition games, fact is he did not get what he was told he was getting. That is effectively fraud. Especially after asking questions specifically regarding common flaws.

Hope everything is sorted out for those with games that came below what was expected.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I didn't want to say every cart is like that, just that its often the case. In this case, your cart is NOT mint, and you should have been refunded a agreeable amount for the damage done to the game.

I just wanted to report my findings on those "insertion marks". I can't seem to find anything to cause insertion marks from my neo as there is a good clearance on the motherboard around the slot receivers.

Christophe

n00b
I once again understand mik's disappointment. Would not have been happy to get a MS3 like he did at the price he paid, myself
But except all this I would like just to evoke the 'sticker logo decolation' problem. I think this should not be considerated really as a flaw.
Snake Grunger told it, it depends on the printing.
And I am talking on my (poor for some people) experience and the dozens of carts I have checked till now, I am pretty sure that some games have kind of several runs. I am citing especially Gekka no Kenshi (Jap last blade), blazing star and art of fighting ryuuko no ken gaiden. I noticed some have a clearer insert AND sticker (looks to be as a set) than some others. And I am sure this is NOT due to some sunfading.
Check EVEN the picture of Gekka in the 'cart picts' section of the site : And especially the sticker logo and front insert. Look pretty clear for me... the 'clearer' version ? (I hope not being responsible of some heart attacks by telling this).
I personally don't think this 'decoloration', which is not really one (just the printing) should be considered so seriously (not like a real sunfade, which is completely different).
But it is the first time I see a MS3 with this characteristic...:(
Everybody, your opinion ? :eye:

Last edited:

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,

Ownage. Jorge The CD Monkey should be shutting the fuck up now. He won't though...he'll continue to plague this community with his worthless weak-ass one-liner insults. You'd think if you're gonna dedicate your life to being an asshole, you'd at least develop some style or flair. Jorge's got neither. Faggot.

games91999

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
mikace01 is completely right about this situation. here's the deal: if you look at someone as a collector and that collector labels his item for sale as mint, you expect mint. if the buyer (mikace01) takes further steps such as asking specific questions (like he did) then there is to be no confusion at all that he is getting what he paid for. one of the replies to this forum stated price=quality and thats right. if mikeace pays top dollar, he better get top quality products. the thing that people are arguing about is collecting/playing and being "picky." if you are just buying to play, who cares about the condition other than it working. but as collectors, they pay a premium to get the same game the "gamer" can get for much much less and thats the situation. if the game was labeled near mint or mint w/ minor scratches, you get what you knew you were getting, but misleading or miscalculating condition sucks. i bought some mvs games and at first was disappointed by the condition because they were labeled new/like new and they weren't. but to me i decided hey all is mint/like new but the cart and the cart will eventually have wear so no big deal, but thats me. if mikeace isn't happy, just like my seller was willing to refund the money, thats what he should expect too.

and as far as those who buy games just to play, thats cool, but give collectors some respect. they pay more to get more.

buster_broon

The Rock,
there is no way i would have taken an 80usd hit on that slug 3

Florian owes you

anyway everybody who isnt happy just complain to paypal

his account will be suspended until the outcome