Dr neo Geo sure knows how to treat a customer, look at the nice replies I get!

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Me: Hello. I recieved my Metal SLug 3 today. I am not very happy with it. There are scuff marks all over the backside of the cart and a few minor marks on the front. The insert has a large indention on the top left front. This is by no means "mint" as you said it was. Please refund me my $300 USD that I paid for it and whatever money it costs to ship back to you. I will leave you with my paypal address once you reply.

Dr neo: "Are you stupid! This cart was new and one time played! I know what is mint and it was when i have shipped! pls mail me pics of it!

Flo"

Yes, me and all the others that are mad about their transactions with you are stupid. Tarma included. Please take your scamming ass elsewhere, you are not needed on these forums. I will post pics of the cart shortly. You are extremely rude and need to gain a little integrity.

The email I sent about the cart being glitchy soon after I found was because I inserted it into my system wrong, I cleaned the contacts of my system and it was fine. Still the condition is in no way as described.

Last edited:

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Flo has sent me back some new emails, these once are nice and it looks like he wants to work with me, I will see what happens. Thanks for getting back to be Flo if you are reading this...

Greatkiller

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Jeeze too much drama. This is why I think twice before selling anything here on NG. People are just tooo picky. I would say I have sold stuff that are MINT to me and some people say its not. Sometime you cant prevent scuff marks. I had a MS3 JAP 1st run and it had scuffs and everyone was low balling. I was lucky enough to find someone who thought was MINT. AH! I cant stand people that are so picky....no offense

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Greatkiller said:
Jeeze too much drama. This is why I think twice before selling anything here on NG. People are just tooo picky. I would say I have sold stuff that are MINT to me and some people say its not. Sometime you cant prevent scuff marks. I had a MS3 JAP 1st run and it had scuffs and everyone was low balling. I was lucky enough to find someone who thought was MINT. AH! I cant stand people that are so picky....no offense

You shouldn't be into the AES scene then because 90% of the people are very picky like me. There is a fine line between what is mint and what is not mint.

Greatkiller

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Im a gamer I play my stuff. I cant help AES getting old from use. I dont think 90% are picky I think its 50% people picky and 50% are people who play there stuff.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Greatkiller said:
Im a gamer I play my stuff. I cant help AES getting old from use. I dont think 90% are picky I think its 50% people picky and 50% are people who play there stuff.

I play my stuff too. If I wanted to soley game I would go MVS. Everyone who owns AES has a bit of collector in them. If you dont need mint carts then great. You have no buisness butting in on my thread though.

Greatkiller

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Then you have no buisness putting this in the neo selling forum....

BIG

sony fanboy
I think Greatkiller's got a point,to an extent,of course.

I,myself,enjoy my games. Be it MVS or AES,I played them all equally. I'm a gamer first and foremost,but I,too,have somewhat of a collector sense,also.

I take very good care of my collection,no matter how expensive/inexpensive they might be.

If you're in it for the money,then maybe this hobby isn't for you,IMHO. Sure,it's nice to have a collection of expensive titles,but who knows,the AES market might crumble sooner than most of you might think.

I enjoy playing my games,so when it does happen, I'm going to keep them,regardless of what their market price might be,but that's just me.

Mikace,you seem so overly concerned about the condition of the games and it's going rate,you are already forgetting the most important part of this hobby,enjoyment.

Give it a rest,take a break from it all and actually enjoy your games for what they're worth,you'll be a much happier person that way.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
mikace01 said:
Me: Hello. I recieved my Metal SLug 3 today. I am not very happy with it. There are scuff marks all over the backside of the cart and a few minor marks on the front. The insert has a large indention on the top left front. This is by no means "mint" as you said it was. Please refund me my $300 USD that I paid for it and whatever money it costs to ship back to you. I will leave you with my paypal address once you reply.

Dr neo: "Are you stupid! This cart was new and one time played! I know what is mint and it was when i have shipped! pls mail me pics of it!

Flo"

Yes, me and all the others that are mad about their transactions with you are stupid. Tarma included. Please take your scamming ass elsewhere, you are not needed on these forums. I will post pics of the cart shortly. You are extremely rude and need to gain a little integrity.

The email I sent about the cart being glitchy soon after I found was because I inserted it into my system wrong, I cleaned the contacts of my system and it was fine. Still the condition is in no way as described.

There are at least two of you and unfortunately, there probably will be more when people get their games :very_ang:

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
Greatkiller said:

Do us all a favor and keep your irrelevant comments to yourself.

The carts were sold as mint. If he just wanted to sell to gamers he should have indicated they were gamer's condition or near mint and there wouldn't have been a problem. The fact is that the only people who care about mint games are collectors or collectors/gamers and they are paying a premium for the condition. There were very specific questions asked by buyers regarding the games and it is now becoming apparent that this clown was not even close to truthful regarding the condition of the games.

We shall see...

rimm_rs

Banned
@GreatKiller

Whether Mike looks at his carts or plays them there are 2 thing to not forget:

#1. If you pay X numbe of dollars for anything and it's not as advertised you have a right to be unhappy

#2. Your form of enjoyment sounds like playng the games. Maybe Mike's is not only playing them, but also having a nice shelf to look at. And for him to get the full effect he want to have fun games that also look nice. I mean how wrong is that? Not really I'd say. ;-)

Last edited:

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Sent pics to the email, lets see what happens...

Pics can be viewed here:
http://www.boomspeed.com/mikace01/

I didnt show the insert pic because the indents do not show up. The discoloration I am talking about is to the left of the sticker, it is very strange. Some of the flaws on the cart do not show up well in the pictures, but these will have to do. Picky? Yes. That is why I payed collectors price.

Last edited:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Deals are definitely a two way street.
I don't have a problem with a seller selling games in Gamer condition as long as they sell them at Gamer's prices.
Let's not make the buyer the "bad guy" here!!
Buyer's only PAY for what they want...not what the seller thinks they should have!! this goes on all too often in everyday life and it's a horrible trend.
-BB

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
If it makes you feel any better, I agree with Mike wholeheartedly.

Dr. Neo was charging top dollar (like 10 percent plus over the price guide).

rimm_rs

Banned
Geez, and anyone whom has ever taken a photo os a neo cart to sell knows that flaws are hard to capture.

this thing looks excellent, MAYBE near mint- at best and i bet inperson thwe flaws jump out a lot more.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I've still had no reply at all to my email... :mad:

Hope you get your MS3 sorted out.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Price=quality.

If a seller states his shit is MINT, and is charging exorbitantly for such product, it better be MINT. End of story. What a buyer does with his shit, whether he's 'enjoying it' or 'being anal' is irrelevant.
This is why Shawn gets away with charging what he does at the Neo-Store...because people know that with those higher prices come strict, honest grading and top-notch service. That's why people continue to buy from him.

Mikace and Tarma, get what you're owed. This is why I'm headed for MVS land when I get rid of the last of my home Neo stuff. Too much fucking drama on every side as far as this shit is involved.
Have you people ever calculated how much time you blow between correspondence and dealing with all this shit? I did recently, and it blows my mind. The chase isn't worth it.
Maybe the ROMZZZ kids are right....;)

smokeingit

n00b
:shame:

just saw the pics... that shit is not mint... infact if comic books had that shit on them. they would lose 75% value right off the bat for looking used.
mikace01 said:
Sent pics to the email, lets see what happens...

Pics can be viewed here:
http://www.boomspeed.com/mikace01/

I didnt show the insert pic because the indents do not show up. The discoloration I am talking about is to the left of the sticker, it is very strange. Some of the flaws on the cart do not show up well in the pictures, but these will have to do. Picky? Yes. That is why I payed collectors price.

Re: :shame:

smokeingit said:
just saw the pics... that shit is not mint... infact if comic books had that shit on them. they would lose 75% value right off the bat for looking used.

What the.....

That shit is what I would call mint.. There is a difference between mint condition and Mint like new.... Was like new stated in the description.....

Really pisses me off that people are so picky... I dont think his prices were too high... I purchased Metal Slug 2 and Thrash Rally couldnt be more happier with the quality... and price.

It came well packaged with bubble wrap and Sturdy box... This was flawless operation.... Would def deal again...

he was stating in the sale that all the items were in mint condtion
i class mint as like new these carts are not and he was charging well over the odds for them i am just glad i did not buy the two i ordered

Well my carts are fine... and the pics look fine to me...

Aslong as mine are ok

Suppose could of always asked for close up pictures before buying..

If it were me would offer a small refund or discount off another product.

Last edited:

Big Al

Rugal's Thug
spacecaddie said:
Well my carts are fine... and the pics look fine to me...

Aslong as mine are ok

Suppose could of always asked for close up pictures before buying..

If it were me would offer a small refund or discount off another product.

As long as yours are ok?? There's a cracking attitude! Here's hoping next time it's you that gets shafted then and not the rest of us.

Pictures where asked for in most if not all cases but as stated earlier, flaws are hard to get to show up in pictures, light reflection and all that crap.

I'm going to take pictures of the one I'm not happy with today and mail it to rimm_rs so he can host it, it's not even close. The OUTER BOX looks horrible which lets be honest he should maybe have told me about.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Anyone that needs picture hosting for pics of their games they received from DrNeoGeo, just send me an email with pics to broken@sgrepository.com and then send me a PM letting me know you sent them.

Please keep them at a reasonable size (i.e. no 2 meg bitmaps).

I am pretty fast to respond to PMs (typically).

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
rimm_rs said:
Geez, and anyone whom has ever taken a photo os a neo cart to sell knows that flaws are hard to capture.

this thing looks excellent, MAYBE near mint- at best and i bet inperson thwe flaws jump out a lot more.

we must be looking at different pics, because the MS3 Mike displayed looked like a gamers condition cart, all scuffed on the back, with a few noticeable scratches, and obvious discoloration on the logo.

But maybe you're trying to relate to us your ability to appraise carts? I hope not...

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
I have to clear a few things up here:

1) For all of those saying "If you were gamer you wouldn't care" please do not post in this thread. Obviously I collect as well as game since I am so picky about my carts. I have a right to be picky when I pay collectors price for a game. If you are annoyed by this then post elsewhere, this thread is not a gamer/collector debate.

2) For all of those saying that I am complaining about nothing and this cart is mint, you obviously have no clue what mint is. There is a scratch which you can see in one of the discoloration pics. As for the scuffs, yes the scuffs are a common problem, but still not unavoidable. However, the discoloration to the left of the sticker is not normal at all. Also, I made a special request to DrNeoGeo to ship the game with the manual on the bottom of the cart so the logo doesn't scratch the backside of the cart up as much and when I got the game I found the manual on top of the cart. I asked him about logo scuffing and told him it was a concern, all he replied with was "It is mint" and that he never played it except to test it. I assumed it was and didn't want to bother him further since I trusted him due to all the recommendations. I have a few carts that have no scuffing on the back at all, they do exist, and I assumed this was one of them. Whether it be customs that tampered with this game or DrNeoGeo grading poorly, or factory defects, the game did not arrive to me as it was described. My Last Blade described as near mint from Neo Bomberman is in much better condition then this supposedly "mint" Metal Slug 3, I was expecting atleast that quality.

3) As for DrNeoGeo, he has started to reply to my emails and it looks like he will work with me here. I emailed him pics of the game just a little while ago and he has yet to reply. I hope things will work out and that he will refund me my money, we will see.

Last edited: