E3 2015 June 16th-18th

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Truth be told so far I think Microsoft had the most interesting announcements for me.

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
So for Nintendo, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Star Fox, Yoshi's Wooly World and Super Mario Maker are the definites for this year with me. Maybe Yokai's Watch too.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
I hope they announce Dragon Quest Theatrhythm for the US

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Square Enix and Platinum getting together for a PS4 exclusive Nier sequel.

Cool.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Was there any new footage of the Wii U Zelda?

Just clicked on the Square stream and see that it is shaping up to be strangest of the conference yet. seriously what's up with the dude in the mask...

294159-nier.jpg

Last edited:

Magician

20 Year Member
Was there any new footage of the Wii U Zelda?

It was moved from a 2015 release date (after Star Fox Zero) to a status of TBA.

Nintendo released a statement months ago that said Zelda Wii U would not be a part of their E3 Direct.

Rumors abound that it'll be a possible launch title for their new "NX" platform, just rumors though.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Someone tell this fogot to button his shirt.

Magician

20 Year Member
I love how it's Kenpachi Zaraki's voice actor for the commentary in the FFVII Remake teaser.

Again probably 2017 for FFVII Remake.

Magician

20 Year Member
It is so far

I can't agree.

For me, the fact that Platinum is on the sequel for Nier smashes anything Nintendo showed.

P.S. - However, I'm not the biggest fan of Tri-Ace.

A new Star Ocean is welcomed (love the second Star Ocean) but Tri-Ace rpg systems are sometimes overly complicated.

Last edited:

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
A new Star Ocean is welcomed (love the second Star Ocean) but Tri-Ace rpg systems are sometimes overly complicated.

I am very glad Star Ocean 5 is coming here.
That Project Setsuna game has me intrigued as well assuming its not a mobile game

Magician

20 Year Member
That's a so-so close to the console portion of E3 presentations.

Nothing topped Fallout 4 for me (game of the show, no question), with No Man's Sky a close second.

I've got to back and rewatch Microsoft since I missed alot of it.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Here's how I would rank the conferences:

Bethesda A
Sony A-
Microsoft B+
Ubisoft C
Square C-
Nintendo D-
EA F

neo_mao

15 Year Member
I am a bit disappointed in Star Fox. The Arwing and Tank segments looked ok, but that Walker thing seemed super lame.

There seemed to a be a ton of inconsistency in the graphics as well. I just wish they made a straightforward star fox game with arwing and maybe a little bit of the tank.

Stick to what works, you jerks...

And not fully on board with the new Metroid or Zelda games either....yuck

So I guess for me high points are:
Fallout 4
Gears of War 4
Cuphead
Fire Emblem
Xenoblade

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I' still have a backlog of WiiU titles despite not much on the horizon. I'm OK with their lackluster show.

Microsoft really surprised me this time around.

I'm still sifting through the PS4 news. I'm sure there some good in there, but FF7 is on the bottom of my JRPG lists. S-E needs something to finally make them some money, i get it.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
I' still have a backlog of WiiU titles despite not much on the horizon. I'm OK with their lackluster show.

Microsoft really surprised me this time around.

I'm still sifting through the PS4 news. I'm sure there some good in there, but FF7 is on the bottom of my JRPG lists. S-E needs something to finally make them some money, i get it.

I agree with all of this (though I did enjoy the original FF7).

So let me ask you Fallout fanatics a question - is the fact that the Xbone version allow "mods" really significant? I only played the games on the 360 before, so I have no experience with mods whatsoever.

Thinking about pre-ordering the pip version, but debating between PS4 and Xbone. Typically I'd think to go PS4 for non-exclusives, but wondering if this mod news I should go Xbone instead...?

Magician

20 Year Member
So let me ask you Fallout fanatics a question - is the fact that the Xbone version allow "mods" really significant?

A little bit, but it neither discourages me nor does it matter enough for me to run out and grab an XBone for that fact alone.

I'm sure the modding community will come up with some graphical tweeks and gameplay changes that would enhance the experience.

The XBone version should be the best console version because of the possibilities.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Squeenix's was disappointing mostly because they already blew their load at the console manufacturer's presentations (Tomb Raider looks amazing, Hitman, FF7 Remake, World of FF).

Nintendo was a disaster. A couple of the things they showed looked interesting (Paper Mario & Luigi, Star Fox looks like a pretty version of Star Fox, Mario Maker has the potential to be awesome if they don't fuck up the sharing aspect of it) but they announced fuck-all for the Wii U (guess they're just going to let it ride off in to the sunset) and the 3DS is mostly getting ports and weird knock-offs. Personally, I wrote off Nintendo 20 years ago. Not because of childish animosity or "durr hurr Nintendo is for babies". They just weren't making games that I was interested in anymore on console, they began making their consoles difficult or damn near impossible for 3rd party publishers to port their big games to (making the chance of them getting anything remotely interesting from 3rd party publishers similarly impossible) and handhelds always gave me eye strain and headaches. They did fine without me and there's always someone turning 10 every year that will be enchanted by what Nintendo does better than anyone else (crafting family-friendly, mechanically sound games starring memorable characters) but that press conference has me wondering if Nintendo even understands what it does well anymore.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
A little bit, but it neither discourages me nor does it matter enough for me to run out and grab an XBone for that fact alone.

I'm sure the modding community will come up with some graphical tweeks and gameplay changes that would enhance the experience.

The XBone version should be the best console version because of the possibilities.

Thanks Magician, I pulled the trigger and got the Xboner version before it sold out too.
Snagged it from Best Buy for $76 total, not too shabby (thanks to mygamersclub and some rewards/gift certficates).

Slugger

Marked Wolf

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
I love how it's Kenpachi Zaraki's voice actor for the commentary in the FFVII Remake teaser.

Again probably 2017 for FFVII Remake.

I KNEW I recognized that voice, but I couldn't pin it down.

MadAsgardian

Rugal's Thug
So let me ask you Fallout fanatics a question - is the fact that the Xbone version allow "mods" really significant? I only played the games on the 360 before, so I have no experience with mods whatsoever.

In the sense that vanilla Bethesda games tend to suck, I would say it's significant to an extent. The problem is, a lot of the PC mods that make Bethesda games look, play and run better also tend to require additional horsepower -- not sure how that will play out on a console.