E3 2015 June 16th-18th

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
I'm probably being cynical but the Sony conference wasn't terribly interesting other than the Uncharted showing. Pretty sad just about nothing they showed is coming out this year. Microsoft on the other hand has W10 coming next month and a lot of cool stuff coming this year. They are also showing their stuff that's further down the line at Gamescom. Nintendo seems to have forgot how to do a "conference". The world championship was a better presentation and it was live.

Last edited:

outlaw_moon

Marked Wolf
This has got to go down as the best E3 since 2004. For me at lease. So many great announcements from XBOX backward comp to FFVII. Even though knowing SquareEnix, we probably won't see FFVII for another 3 friggin years, if that.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Excited that FF7 will be multiconsole, BC is a nice treat, but In my eyes not really needed. Nintendo continued to flog the dead horse that is their franchises and rape the collective manchildren's nostalgia, Sony started strong but went soft. MS was steady throughout, but only had one or two shockers, the previously discussed BC and that hololens demo. Man, they can have my money for that.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I forgot about this yesterday - but here is another reason I was disappointed by Nintendo.

Several weeks ago there was talk about a Eternal Darkness sequel kickstarter that quickly dissipated. I think secretly I was hoping that the kickstarter went away because Nintendo was going to pick up the reigns and there would be some kind of announcement at E3. Obviously that was a pipe dream, but was still hoping it was true.

I am also disappointed there was no new game that really improved upon the functionality of amiibos - I was hoping for a animal crossing-esque game with full on amiibo support - but instead we got a skylanders crossover.

And the more I watch the Star Fox trailer the more I am disappointed in it.

I think this was the worst Nintendo E3 in awhile for me.

Mother Russia Bleeds does look pretty cool for PS4 though. And I am pretty excited for some of the xbone games in the pipeline as well.

And unless I am mistaken - was there even any mention of the Vita this year whatsoever?

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
BC will be nice if means the 360 live services will stay up and make the life of these games longer. I'm guessing though a majority of the games I'm gonna want to have BC are going to be games that won't get the treatment due to licensing expirations like the marvel fighters and some xbla games.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
And unless I am mistaken - was there even any mention of the Vita this year whatsoever?

Not a peep, as I called it in the OP.

Although Vita is a dead platform I'm glad I've got an original Vita and not the newer LCD model.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member

Although Vita is a dead platform I'm glad I've got an original Vita and not the newer LCD model.

Can't say that I am surprised, but yeah I am grateful for my Vita as well.

Sad but I guess we'll never get a Last of Us or Gran Turismo or new God of War game on the little guy.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic

I'm pretty sure I saw Persona 4: Dancing All Night in one of their montage trailers.

I am also disappointed there was no new game that really improved upon the functionality of amiibos - I was hoping for a animal crossing-esque game with full on amiibo support - but instead we got a skylanders crossover.

Yeah, Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival for the Wii U doesn't count since it's just a Mario Party clone:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ically_mario_party_with_kk_slider_and_company

Last edited:

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Can't say that I am surprised, but yeah I am grateful for my Vita as well.

Sad but I guess we'll never get a Last of Us or Gran Turismo or new God of War game on the little guy.

So far only a few third parties care about the Vita

Besides Persona 4: Dance All Night all I know I got coming next are Bloodstained, Mighty no. 9 and Disgaea 5

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

I didn't get that excited about it...but it did tickle my man parts watching that short teaser. I still want to play a good RPG...my love for them will never die. I know like I know my name I completely enjoyed FFVII so if the remake is true, I will love it as well. Like I said earlier...it has literally been so long since I've played it that I have forgotten most of it so this should be a fresh experience for me.

I said it before and I'll say it again...a real, near complete Fallout 4 was enough for me, anything else was just icing on the cake. All I was even hoping for was some tech demo and a '17 release so the FO4 material was FAR more than I expected.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
What TB thought of microsoft at E3 :lolz:

I was going to say...The "OMGSHITFUCKBACKWADSCOMPATABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!" buzz all over the interwebs kinda of confused me...and apparently I'm not the only one. Sure, it's no big news I MOTHERFUCKING HATE MICROSOFT, but this seems weak. I'll admit that backwards compatibility has never been a big draw for me, thus the fact I'm on a retro system site and own an extensive console collection...so there's that.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I'm surprised that we haven't seen anything from Capcom other than SF V. They've got DMC 4 SE coming next week, and you'd figure they'd release an E3 trailer to hype it. And you'd figure theyd do something for RE 0 HD. Maybe today.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I was going to say...The "OMGSHITFUCKBACKWADSCOMPATABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!" buzz all over the interwebs kinda of confused me...and apparently I'm not the only one. Sure, it's no big news I MOTHERFUCKING HATE MICROSOFT, but this seems weak. I'll admit that backwards compatibility has never been a big draw for me, thus the fact I'm on a retro system site and own an extensive console collection...so there's that.
That video was for comedy,TB has a full summary one as well.He lays out what he like and didn't like to.I did watch bit's and pieces for what's coming to the xbox-one but i'm not sold on it still.Heck i heard killer instinct is coming to the pc and that was the only reason why i was interested in the xbox.

Slugger

Marked Wolf
Some nice suprises in this years E3. Cuphead looks really interesting and that new Nier game might be pure gold. Waiting for this years Nintendo releases - Yoshi, Mario Maker, Xenoblade and finally a new Starfox which looks great! (not a graphics hore and I just love the N64 game)
Fallout 4 looks really good. Last Guardian was ok and Shenmue 3 was unexpected. FF7 remake meh and Rare collection also the same.

Last edited: