EARTHBOUND Label

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Yea I don't give a crap about a piece of paper on a piece of plastic. I'm not looking at the label when I'm playing the game. Like I've said before, "The art is in the cart".

QFT.

Lukejaywalker23

Playa' From, Around The Way.,
Yea I don't give a crap about a piece of paper on a piece of plastic. I'm not looking at the label when I'm playing the game. Like I've said before, "The art is in the cart".

Nice opinion my man. I'll try and get on your level

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Nice opinion my man. I'll try and get on your level

What level? The level of enjoying games instead of worrying about a sticker on a cart? You got a long way to go then. Seriously, Do you look at the label when you're playing? Are your friends going to like you less cause the label is peeling? I just don't get this mentality lately about the condition of carts/labels/CIB or whatever else it is this week. I'm over here wondering if I have enough MP to fight the final boss and you're wondering if the label is nice enough to display in your glass cabinet.

Lukejaywalker23

What level? The level of enjoying games instead of worrying about a sticker on a cart? You got a long way to go then. Seriously, Do you look at the label when you're playing? Are your friends going to like you less cause the label is peeling? I just don't get this mentality lately about the condition of carts/labels/CIB or whatever else it is this week. I'm over here wondering if I have enough MP to fight the final boss and you're wondering if the label is nice enough to display in your glass cabinet.

Very true. What other opinions do you have on the subject?

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Thanks CZroe. Figured you would know.

All he does is post bland pictures, yeah man he's an expert.

Is your boot still stressing you out? You must not own any other made in mexico games, which is a shame, because
the later titles are awesome.

And yes Mega Man X3 and Final Fight 3 are both made in Mexico labels

This has already been established.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Hmm, my Final Fight 3 has a high gloss label.

Spoiler:
I also made it sometime last year with a programmable PCB :keke:

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
This game is one of my many grails - one day I'll stumble across one at the goodwill or perhaps a garage sale nestled between a pair of stonewashed jordache jeans.

Lukejaywalker23

All he does is post lame pictures, yeah man he's an expert.

Is your boot still stressing you out? You must not own any other made in mexico games, which is a shame, because
the later titles are awesome.

This has already been established.

This is my only SNES game.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
It isn't just about playing the game, if I pay $100+ for a game I definitely want it 100% original and that includes the sticker. I'd rather have no label at all than a repro.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
It isn't just about playing the game, if I pay $100+ for a game I definitely want it 100% original and that includes the sticker. I'd rather have no label at all than a repro.

Agreed. It's one thing if you knowingly buy a repro, but I'd be pretty pissed if I got ripped off.

And I don't think LukeJaywalker is hurting anyone by having an original Earthbound cart, so I don't think it's fair to be giving him shit. I guess I'm a gaming libertarian.

CZroe

Zero's Secretary
All he[, CZroe,] does is post bland pictures, yeah man he's an expert.
https://i.imgur.com/1ayV55T.jpg
1ayV55Tl.jpg

[Well over five-figures worth of synthetic heroin found in my own NES games]

"Bland pictures" -andsuchisdeath

Last edited:

Lukejaywalker23

Agreed. It's one thing if you knowingly buy a repro, but I'd be pretty pissed if I got ripped off.

And I don't think LukeJaywalker is hurting anyone by having an original Earthbound cart, so I don't think it's fair to be giving him shit. I guess I'm a gaming libertarian.

It has 00000.0000 affect on me if panda collects used condoms or new tampons. It's people with low self-esteem that care about how another man collects or if he collects at all.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
It has 00000.0000 affect on me if panda collects used condoms or new tampons. It's people with low self-esteem that care about how another man collects or if he collects at all.

Low self esteem? Sorry seriously doubt it, people that complain about a label on a 20+ year old cart have huge issues on their own. Try again little man.

Lukejaywalker23

Low self esteem? Sorry seriously doubt it, people that complain about a label on a 20+ year old cart have huge issues on their own. Try again little man.

I guess bud. Hopefully if you keep complaining about it I will change my ways and collect like you.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
FakeXsound and SNES_collector are spot on. OP bought a cart at presumably market value and has some legit concerns that paid full price for something that isn't worth full price. Don't see how that makes him a collectard. Frankly, he'd be a chump if he was ok with overpaying for something.

Let's be clear here - there is big difference between people who collect whatever is trendy at the moment and send their stuff to get VGA graded, and people who enjoy playing a game but also appreciate just sitting on the couch admiring some nice artwork on s box or manual....and I truly see nothing wrong with the later. I do it all the time.

Let go the hate people.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
@Lukejaywalker23: Your cart looks legit. From the sticker placement, the edges, the corners, and the texture, it all matches up. Earthbound carts have a matte textured sticker with no coating on them, and don't have either "Made in Japan" or "Made in Mexico" on them.

Congrats on the purchase and I hope you're enjoying the game.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
"Bland pictures" -andsuchisdeath

Big deal. You've posed as a fake drug dealer.

This doesn't make you a big tymer, nor does your wall of games where you can't even make out the spines.