Elden Ring official discussion

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I think I cleared most of Liurnia. Just the legacy dungeons to do.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
At the risk of sounding ignorant... What do you mean by legacy dungeon?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Legacy Dungeon is what they were calling stuff like Stormveil. Basically the dungeons that gate story progression.

That’s what they were calling them post network test at least.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Ohhh ok. Also I found out you can give something patches dropped to an NPC and it will open up another store that NPC will offer. You can get the stuff you would have gotten from Patches.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Woop woop, took down Margit. Among my travels I happened upon another Uchigatana! Nice. Still prefer shield and sword with a little magic staffin' tho.

12+ hours in and Ive only just beat the first required boss :D

Also I ended up somwhere there is a GIANT jar guy. All he does is "Hmmph." and then you have to fight 3 phantoms (one at a time) and they murdered me. Still cant take down the phantom that's in the roundtable area. He strong with the icicles.

Edit: that area with the big jar also has two (count em TWO) giant archers..... and they respawn after resting. Yikes. Hard to get past em because they have a massive range, AOE damage from the arrow impact, and can kill you within 1 to 2 shots. But once you get to the jar guy, you're *just out of range. But you can still be hit where you activate the phantoms lol.

This game is unapologetic. So great.

Last edited:

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I took down Agheel last night. That was a cool fight, using an uchigatana +5 on him. I had him once, literally just needed one hit, it was a sliver of life bar - and he kept away from me and kept throwing fire, I got careless and died lol.

Went back, and took him down. I seriously doubt the other dragons will be that easy for me lol

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I found another dragon but unfortunately he is resistant to magic damage. Oof.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Oh Ive seen at least 3 others, and I mean big boys. Not the dragons that are roaming around to the east in the red/brown area.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Oh Ive seen at least 3 others, and I mean big boys. Not the dragons that are roaming around to the east in the red/brown area.

I have not explored much in, I think it’s called, Calleid. Cool to know there are so many dragons!

I did stumble on to an area through a portal that looked absolutely 100% insane. Dozens of dragons flying in the sky, hurricane and tornado type wind storms, and a floating fantasy city that looked almost post apocalyptic.

I noped the fuck outta there for a later time.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
So I beat Raya Lucaria Academy.

But after doing so…I don’t think you actually have to.

I think you can go straight from Stormveil to the Altus Plateua. As long as you can beat a certain boss blocking the way it appears you don’t need to use the lift.

I think I’ll beat Caria Manir next and the. Go to Calleid to repair the Great Lift.

I’ll be interested in say 6 months to see what kind of playthroughs and runs people are doing.

I did a bit of co-op with a friend today and it worked flawlessly.

I didn’t know you got a great rune helping people fight bosses. Guess I’ll be doing more of that.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Also I just learned while on Torrent that left bumper/L1 swings your sword to the left.

I’d only been swinging to the right lol.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Took Godrick down after about 15 tries or so. I used the Godrick soldiers sprit ash+2 (or the two zombies +2), fire grease on my uchigatana+5 (double handed), and summoned the warrior that was right outside his door. Lots of jump attacks w/ R2 and some charge attacks when safe, and he finally went down. He does get a little twitchy toward the end with the fire stuff, but its not impossible. Just like Agheel, I had this dude down to one more slash, but I didnt keep my distance, hoped I could get a random slash in, but nope - killed. But I finally got him.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Congrats on your first great rune. I suggest going to the roundtable hold.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I was wondering what those were about. Its time for bed, but this wkd will be a fun time.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Rotten dragon breath has gotten me past a lot of bosses I would have considered walls. Especially with the talisman that enhances breath attacks.

If you’re careful, it’s not too hard to take Radahn down without taking damage.

And you definitely want to kill him, because there’s a big chunk of game behind him.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Holy shit is this game amazing! So much shit to do and see, and not much stopping you from exploring into areas you have no business checking out yet. The game seems to have a great mix of Souls games, Elder Scrolls games, and BOTW.... So pretty much video game crack, at least for me.

It's really cool to see how different everyone's experiences seem to be in this game. The different paths they choose, items they find, bosses they encounter, and secrets people stumble upon. For example, I beat both Margit and Godrick before I found my first staff, yet there are other items or encounters others here mentioned early game that I have yet to find. It's going to be fun to see all the shit people slowly figure out about the game that has yet to be discovered.
I’ll be interested in say 6 months to see what kind of playthroughs and runs people are doing.
Same here.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Also I just learned while on Torrent that left bumper/L1 swings your sword to the left.

I’d only been swinging to the right lol.
You can also cast from a left-handed catalyst by two-handing it (and then using right bumper to do the cast).

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
You can also cast from a left-handed catalyst by two-handing it (and then using right bumper to do the cast).

OMG. I’ve been switching my staff to the right hand.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
OMG. I’ve been switching my staff to the right hand.
I think I only figured it out myself today. I played until 3 this morning without noticing so it's all a little fuzzy right now, lol.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I played from Margit straight through beating Godrick and I think when I was done it was 6 or 7am lol.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
So uh... I killed the giant ass dragon. The HUUUUUGE one that is just laying there. It was actually really easy. It took about 10 minutes of constant swinging, but I finally killed it. 75000 runes and a dragon heart lol. I think its called Greyoll? It's unfortunately really easy to cheese. But I didn't find a cheese video or anything. I thought it was more of a piece of the terrain, for show. Didn't do anything, right?

Behind it is a small building that I just COULDNT get to the end of because of the god damned harpies and their ultra fast poison, their stupid one-shot screams and whatnot. STILL have no idea wtf is in there.

But I saw the back of the dragon and thought "I wonder..." and I caused some damage. Kept slashin and slashin, and then after a while I'd get like 1300 or so damage from one hit (hemorhage). One of the dragons to its side was evidently aggro'ed, and started walking toward me so I just ran away enough til it left and kept going.

I honestly didn't know you could kill it lol.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Damn I have no clue where this dragon is lol.

Last Dragon I beat was the Magma Wyrm.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
LTTP as yus, finally put in a solid couple session on it last night. You know that Andy Samberg face from Jizz in my Pants, yeah, that's the one. Yeesh, so good. After two-plus years of bad games due to COVID or whatever, having one actually deliver or moreso on the hype is kinda great. Ran around with dual katanas for a while near the beginning, then got the Twinblade and cleared a few mini-dungeons (whatever they're called now), and just kinda went yessssss.

Incredible, as has been noted. Tried resolution for a tiny bit then went back to framerate, definitely the better option IMO.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Damn I have no clue where this dragon is lol.

Last Dragon I beat was the Magma Wyrm.

Its in Caelid somewhere. I was just exploring, looking for new buildings to try and get into and I saw it. Figured it was dead like at the Dragon shrine thing. Nope. It lifted its head and started roaring. But it didn't actually get up. It kinda ignored me.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Well I beat Caria Manor and there is some interesting stuff behind it. I have a quest to go underneath Mistwood so I went down the well and did kill the Ancient Spirit boss.

Honesty a cool fight and I really enjoyed the music.