English schools no longer teaching the holocaust?

IMTheWalrus

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
ki_atsushi said:
I apologize if it seems like I was making a blanket statement, but I said there is a group of liberals behind this, I wasn't talking about all liberals.

You are still wrong. This isn't a liberal or conservative thing. It's an ignorance thing. I'm a liberal and I know lots of liberals and I still have yet to meet one liberal holocaust denier.

In fact, if you want to talk about denying the holocaust, I can imagine that some of those Klansmen in the deep south are far from liberal...

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Speaking of world war 2 atrocities....

Do they ever bring up the shit carried out by Unit 731 in public schools?

Nope, because instead of trying those people for war crimes...the Americans granted amnesty to the "physicians" involved in exchange for their valuable research in biowarfare.

Plus, it only happened to Russians, Mongolians and Chinese...so nobody gives a fuck about them anyway. :oh_no:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Bobak said:
I wasn't thinking this thread was going to be interesting until I saw someone actually equate holocaust deniers with liberals...

Good old David Duke....

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Sp0o/\/?! said:
Unless they are banning it from privately owned Jewish schools, nobody should be too concerned about this.

Why does nobody teach about the genocides that took place in the former Yugoslavia? or all over Africa? Who will tell these kids about the shit that the fucking KURDS endured? or Armenians?

See? nobody gives a fuck unless they are from those regions...

...since when does holocaust denial or acceptance have anything to do with education?

Teach these fucking kids some actual skills... so when they get out of school they will be too busy working a meaningful job to do stupid shit like burning down mosques or shitting in jewish cemeteries....god.

Absolutely right. No one cares about teaching anything in depth on the crusades, or the armenian holocaust, or what went on with mass murderers such as Pol Pot, etc, but we know about them and accept them for the atrocities that they were. Knowing these things will not help people make their lives better. It won't help them put food on their family's table. It won't help them move out of their parents' basement.

It's about as useless as ... most of the education we receive in school.

Segata_Sanshiro

Tesse's Maintainence Man
15 Year Member
This disturbed me:

"In another department, the Holocaust was taught despite anti-Semitic sentiment among some pupils.

"But the same department deliberately avoided teaching the Crusades at Key Stage 3 (11- to 14-year-olds) because their balanced treatment of the topic would have challenged what was taught in some local mosques."

LOL, so they're letting the invisible man in the clouds have the last word rather than, you know, documented historical fact.

Shit like this is why I'm becoming a teacher. What a bunch of incompetent fucks. I'm all for not offending anyone, but people need to learn to accept things that might be slightly beyond their preconcieved worldview.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Sp0o/\/?! said:

Nope, because instead of trying those people for war crimes...the Americans granted amnesty to the "physicians" involved in exchange for their valuable research in biowarfare.

Plus, it only happened to Russians, Mongolians and Chinese...so nobody gives a fuck about them anyway. :oh_no:
NEVER forget
History is written by the winners.

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Bobak said:
I wasn't thinking this thread was going to be interesting until I saw someone actually equate holocaust deniers with liberals...

Here's a head's up: these offended Muslims are not liberals. In fact, their social beliefs are much closer to the right wing nuts who normally deny the holocaust. This article is about dipshits who are simply too afraid to do anything right.

Your absolutely right about this. However, it is liberal thinking taken too far that causes society to be too sensitive to every group, even the ones (as in this case) that are harmful and racist.

These people who deny the holocaust and other such ridiculous teachings should be vilified, not catered to. I doubt any right minded liberal would disagree.

DJDD

Morden's Lackey
OrochiEddie said:
NEVER forget
History is written by the winners.

this is 100% correct....there are lots of things left out of history books around the world that should be taught...like how the US was 1 1/2 hours away from having an atom bomb set off on us at the end of ww2, what really went on at Auschwitz, how germany used ww2 for one of the largest art smuggling rings in the world, i could go on and on here. i digress though, what these schools are doing is wrong yes, but if we're judging them for not teaching about the holocaust then every school in every country should be judged, especially in the US, China, and Russia for the vast amounts of history and time that have been left out of those schools

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The only thing that Liberals don't want to teach is Creationsism in science class.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
norton9478 said:
The only thing that Liberals don't want to teach is Creationsism in science class.
There's nothing to teach about it. "God created man; done".
If we don't accept and teach the scientific theories most supported by current evidence, and instead give in to whatever wacko "beliefs" come along, we'll never get anywhere. There's a level of acceptance we need in science, but it has to be for, you know, what's looking correct.

And if you were joking, I apologize. I fucking hate people who think they can just dismiss 200 years of research as false, on completely illogical terms.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Woah...

WOAH...

Are they insane?

That's so pathetic I don't know where to start.

This PC ass-kissing has got to stop, dammit.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Lashujin said:
Your absolutely right about this. However, it is liberal thinking taken too far that causes society to be too sensitive to every group, even the ones (as in this case) that are harmful and racist.

These people who deny the holocaust and other such ridiculous teachings should be vilified, not catered to. I doubt any right minded liberal would disagree.

LMAO

nothing is richer than when Lashujin starts tossing around the word liberal, liberally.

IMTheWalrus

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Lashujin said:

That's really a stretch I think...

A liberal would say it's OK for a Holocaust denier to have his stupid beliefs, but a liberal would not want it removed from the school curriculum. Liberals are usually associated with tolerance, not intolerance (though Limbaugh accuses Liberals of racism all the time).

Liberals don't look out for the rights of the intolerant as a practice. Just ask Don Imus...

Don't let your anger towards liberal politics drive you to accuse liberals of causing these social problems. That's the type of thing that Hannity, O'Reilly, and Limbaugh do on a daily basis.

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
IMTheWalrus said:
That's really a stretch I think...

A liberal would say it's OK for a Holocaust denier to have his stupid beliefs, but a liberal would not want it removed from the school curriculum. Liberals are usually associated with tolerance, not intolerance (though Limbaugh accuses Liberals of racism all the time).

Liberals don't look out for the rights of the intolerant as a practice. Just ask Don Imus...

Don't let your anger towards liberal politics drive you to accuse liberals of causing these social problems. That's the type of thing that Hannity, O'Reilly, and Limbaugh do on a daily basis.

Perhaps I phrased it wrong. What I meant is that tolerance has gone too far, and it always seems to be the far-left that is pushing that stuff.

I don't have a whole lot of anger towards liberal politics, I agree with plenty of Democratic politicians and am no supporter of those (like hannity and the rest of conservative talk radio) who blame liberal politics for all of the worlds ills. The far-right is guilty of just as many ridiculous things (such as the above discussion about their hatred of science). But I still feel that the extreme left wing doesnt get called out nearly as often for some of the things they say and do.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Lashujin said:
Perhaps I phrased it wrong. What I meant is that tolerance has gone too far, and it always seems to be the far-left that is pushing that stuff.

I don't have a whole lot of anger towards liberal politics, I agree with plenty of Democratic politicians and am no supporter of those (like hannity and the rest of conservative talk radio) who blame liberal politics for all of the worlds ills. The far-right is guilty of just as many ridiculous things (such as the above discussion about their hatred of science). But I still feel that the extreme left wing doesnt get called out nearly as often for some of the things they say and do.

This isn't a case of a few liberals or a few conservatives, it's a case of choice of governance. The people of any district can vote to include the holocaust, or intelligent design, or whatever other non-academic endeavor you can think of. It seems that your problem is with people having such a choice and either making "bad" decisions or failing to advocate their own interests, and allowing the more vocal minority to take advantage of the silent majority. But that is democracy.

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
wasabi said:
This isn't a case of a few liberals or a few conservatives, it's a case of choice of governance. The people of any district can vote to include the holocaust, or intelligent design, or whatever other non-academic endeavor you can think of. It seems that your problem is with people having such a choice and either making "bad" decisions or failing to advocate their own interests, and allowing the more vocal minority to take advantage of the silent majority. But that is democracy.

Right, but American democracy has never really been "whatever the people want" which seems to be what your saying (correct me if I'm wrong)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Lashujin said:
Right, but American democracy has never really been "whatever the people want" which seems to be what your saying (correct me if I'm wrong)

American democracy? The US is a constitutional republic...

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Sp0o/\/?! said:

Didn't the team work on the V2 rockets also give birth to our NASA? Man, talk about some spoils of war.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
bokmeow said:
Didn't the team work on the V2 rockets also give birth to our NASA? Man, talk about some spoils of war.

Yeah those guys were brilliant physicists and engineers....

The "doctors" in unit 731 were sociopaths. They are NOTHING like the german scientists who worked for NASA. Have you ever looked them up?

Heres a list of some of the worst shit they did/ Source: wikipedia (lol).

-Vivisections were also performed on pregnant women, sometimes impregnated by doctors, and the fetus removed

-Some prisoners had their stomachs surgically removed and the esophagus reattached to the intestines.

-Human targets were used to test grenades positioned at various distances and in different positions.

-To study the effects of untreated venereal diseases, male and female prisoners were deliberately infected with syphilis and gonorrhea via rape, then studied.

-Some prisoners had air injected into their arteries to determine the time until the onset of embolism.

-Some prisoners had horse urine injected into their kidneys.

-Air bubbles were injected into some prisoners' bloodstreams to simulate a stroke.

And remember, they were doing this to children and infants as well (without anesthesia)...when the americans had the chance to kill those responsible, they tried to learn from this sick fucking shit instead. Sorry if I sound like a broken record....I'll STFU now.:very_ang:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Sp0o/\/?! said:
they tried to learn from this sick fucking shit instead.
You mean like use what they learned?
If someone injected me with horse urine and I died, I'd be pretty fucking pissed if no one used the test results.
The experiments the Nazis performed were horrible yeah, but to straight up turn face at all the 'progress' would mean that everyone died in vain.

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
wasabi said:
American democracy? The US is a constitutional republic...

Yes it is, never said it wasn't. However you said "but that is democracy" so I was speaking about democracy in America. It (the constitutional republic) doesn't seem to have ever been a system designed to give the people whatever the hell they want.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
LoneSage said:
You mean like use what they learned?
If someone injected me with horse urine and I died, I'd be pretty fucking pissed if no one used the test results.
The experiments the Nazis performed were horrible yeah, but to straight up turn face at all the 'progress' would mean that everyone died in vain.

Maybe....but I feel there are some things the world would be better off not knowing (like the effects of a grenade on a child, for example).

And even if they did learn something from them...why not just pull a double cross on the Jap researchers afterwards? Just tell them that there are a few jars of horse piss lying around the base and that they would like a firsthand demonstration on how Japanese kidneys hold up to it. :)

I guess the lack of payback is what bothers me more than Americans using the research.