Fallout: New Vegas (new trailer 2/4)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Damn, that sounds awesome.

I got ED-E as well, but I can't get the quest associated with him to work. Apparently he plays a message when you go to Gibson's garage, but nothing happens. I hope it's not a bug — it'd be the first one I'd encountered that fucked the game up any. Maybe it's because I wasn't alone with him? I had Veronica with me as well.

P.S. As far as companions go, Boone is a fucking badass. Anything that guy sees, dies.

The ed-e quest opens after a while. I think the sequences are trigger by your level.

skotgun

Geese's Limo Driver
something semi useful against the cazadors:
take out their wings, and they can't rush you so fucking fast cause they can't fly anymore.
except this doesn't really help a WHOLE lot, considering they always travel in packs, and they rush you SO fast that you can't slow them all down at range before you're surrounded and dead.

Igniz v2

whinny little kid, why r teens so angry, needs sec
Does anyone know where the FUCK to find RadAway? Apparently it's in the game, not that it's made itself evident at all. The only doctor I know is mitchell and maybe I missed some dialog option but he didn't heal my radiation.. Critical rad sickness ain't nothing to fuck with

EDIT: wait I totally did miss the dialog option...

Last edited:

skotgun

Geese's Limo Driver
kinda bitchy post. but i do like the game. it just frustrates.

uhh, i got LOTS of rad-away. but you don't really need it much.
isn't a whole lot in the way of ambient radiation from what i've experienced so far, and most of the drinking water doesn't give you many rads, if any (that huge lake goesn't give you any when you swim in it or drink it).
and every doctor i've talked to has the option to heal rads.
are you playing on hardcore? maybe there isn't as much rad-away in it?

i've only gotten adv rad poisoning once, and thats when (around the beginning of the game, when i was mostly just exploring) i had to run through the one thick rad field i've found, because i was getting my ass kicked by the only 2 centaurs i've seen so far and had to run like a bitch.

and it's starting to get really annoying that the difficulty is so unbalanced.
sometimes you can kill a dozen enemies no problem, others you get killed in a couple hits by one enemy that doesn't take any damage when you shoot them.
i understand the idea of the different kinds of ammo, and i don't think it's bad idea in general, but it just doesn't seem to work. ever.
especially when the other kinds of ammo are so much more scarce.
i've been trying to complete a quest i got fairly early in the game (the ranger radio frequencies one) for quite a while now, but whenever i go near the last 2 i need, i run into either a huge group of cazadors, or fucking deathclaws.
and i've tried different routes. in FO3, you could usually find a way around.
but in vegas, you just can suddenly no longer go any higher up on a hill for no reason.
yeah, you can avoid most of the badass critters by sticking to the roads, but then it's like you're being penalized for exploring, which is one of the best things about these games.

but i do love (and dislike) that all the quests aren't so black and white, but you also have to seriously worry about your rep with everyone.
kinda reminds me of the old GTA-GTA2 where you had to balance your rep with all the gangs.
say if you wanted to do every quest in the game, i have no idea how you're gonna pull that off, since the game seems designed to make you pick factions.
there is no way i'll be able to do any legion quests now, because they automatically go apeshit when they see me.
and i kinda killed all the smoke bombers before i could do all their quests.

maybe that's the whole idea, so you have to play the game over and over.

i dunno, i liked KotOR2 alot, despite it's many many frustrating flaws, but this is just making me hate obsidian all over again.
i can't wait for another update.

(again, sorry for the bitchy post.)

Heath

, cheyne stoking
Damn, that sounds awesome.

I got ED-E as well, but I can't get the quest associated with him to work. Apparently he plays a message when you go to Gibson's garage, but nothing happens. I hope it's not a bug — it'd be the first one I'd encountered that fucked the game up any. Maybe it's because I wasn't alone with him? I had Veronica with me as well.

Im afraid its a bug, if you went to her before you had ED-E and went through all her dialogue and then take ED-E it wont trigger his recordings. I also made the mistake and checked at Fallout vault and its a well known bug. I didn't have to but i started a new game. It pisses me off if quests go uncompleted.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Fuck this game.

"Just one more quest objective. Oh wait, there's a new Vault. Lemme take a peek in there. Oh crap, there's a locked Armory in here. Oh, I just HAVE to see what's inside. What's this? I have to find two passcodes to unlock the armory? No problem, I'll just take a few minutes and search through it."

Two hours later:

"Okay, time to make my way to the Strip. What's this? There are two transparent arrows on my compass? Those locations can't be too far, I'll just go check 'em out real quick..."

Eight hours later:

"Holy shit! It's 3 A.M.?"

Fuck this game.

For being too awesome to put down.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
something semi useful against the cazadors:
take out their wings, and they can't rush you so fucking fast cause they can't fly anymore.
except this doesn't really help a WHOLE lot, considering they always travel in packs, and they rush you SO fast that you can't slow them all down at range before you're surrounded and dead.

Chainsaw is my friend against cazadors.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Anybody found any unique weapons???

Except Maria? I found some knuckles called Love and Hate on a Viper leader in that small burned out village between Goodsprings and the strip. (Bonnie Springs its called)

Last edited:

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Anybody found any unique weapons???

You can buy a replica of Deckard's gun in Novac, and an NCR officer gives you a unique rifle (that's fucking awesome) if you help her successfully interrogate a Legion officer. That's at the NCR main base.

It does seem hard to find unique weapons, though. On the other hand, the mods kind of make up for that.

Igniz v2

whinny little kid, why r teens so angry, needs sec
Except Maria? I found some knuckles called Love and Hate on a Viper leader in that small burned out village between Goodsprings and the strip. (Bonnie Springs its called)

radioraheemlovehatesmaller.jpg

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You can buy a replica of Deckard's gun in Novac, and an NCR officer gives you a unique rifle (that's fucking awesome) if you help her successfully interrogate a Legion officer. That's at the NCR main base.

It does seem hard to find unique weapons, though. On the other hand, the mods kind of make up for that.

I have so many unique weapons... Love and Hate is great. Also got something like that called recompence of the fallen at the Legion camp. Ceasar's Armor has +5 survival and +5 speech. ummm... got the pulse gun in vault 34 - it destroys anything in armor. I really want to get the Euclid C-Finder after seeing what happened when I released the Archimedes system on the NCR at Helios 1. That was incredible KoF97 Orochi SDM shit...

There's a Tesla Beaton Prototype in the fallen vertibird in the south east corner of the map. Also found Thump Thump grenade rifle in the Nellis Generator building. I found the CZ57 Avenger in the Northeast of the map, but I didn't like it. Miniguns have never been my thing.

one thing

I gave Annabelle to Veronica to hold on to, and she turned it into a riot shotgun :'(

Sometimes weird shit would happen with items being put into boxes or given to companions.

The patch that was released earlier today did not fix the problems I have been having with the game freezing. The amount of times I have had to reboot my PS3 on this game is sickening.

skotgun

Geese's Limo Driver
i haven't had the game crash on me much at all, just crashed on me for only the 4th time i think?

that's not a big problem for me.
what is though, I KEEP LOSING MY FUCKING COMPANIONS.
it's INSANELY frustrating.

ed-e i had to kill after he disappeared and returned to primm homicidal, so there went that quest.
i had boone (who is awesome), but then got him to wait at 38 after i did his quest so i could do the other companion's quests.
then did the quests to get rex, and then picked up arcade. was doing some quests around freeside, now they're both gone. again.
fuck they need to fix that.

oh, and you can get into the strip for free, skip all the freeside/2000 caps, by taking the monorail from macarren.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
oh, and you can get into the strip for free, skip all the freeside/2000 caps, by taking the monorail from macarren.

Spoiler:
I was going to use that method myself, but the monorail got blown up by a Legion spy. It seemed I should have been able to prevent it somehow, but as soon as I went to the monorail, it just exploded. I decided not to worry about it and just keep playing.

I have a high science skill anyway. If you get it up to 80 (or use a book, drugs, or whatever), it seems you can bypass the fee. You can also buy a fake ID to get you in for 500 caps from one of the mechanic guys in Freeside (but you have to talk him into it or get him to trust you — I did the former with a high speech skill).

skotgun

Geese's Limo Driver
Spoiler:
I was going to use that method myself, but the monorail got blown up by a Legion spy. It seemed I should have been able to prevent it somehow, but as soon as I went to the monorail, it just exploded. I decided not to worry about it and just keep playing.

I have a high science skill anyway. If you get it up to 80 (or use a book, drugs, or whatever), it seems you can bypass the fee. You can also buy a fake ID to get you in for 500 caps from one of the mechanic guys in Freeside (but you have to talk him into it or get him to trust you — I did the former with a high speech skill).

same monorail thing happened to me (which is preventable, aparrently, if you do the quest the right way) so i thought i was screwed.
but when i went to freeside later, i could jusr walk right into the strip, i didn't need a passport or anything because i guess i had already been to the strip and talked to mr. house.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
i haven't had the game crash on me much at all, just crashed on me for only the 4th time i think?

that's not a big problem for me.
what is though, I KEEP LOSING MY FUCKING COMPANIONS.
it's INSANELY frustrating.

ed-e i had to kill after he disappeared and returned to primm homicidal, so there went that quest.
i had boone (who is awesome), but then got him to wait at 38 after i did his quest so i could do the other companion's quests.
then did the quests to get rex, and then picked up arcade. was doing some quests around freeside, now they're both gone. again.
fuck they need to fix that.

The only time I saw a companion die was Cassidy, when I brought her to Van Graff's. Otherwise, they do tend to disappear. I don't know if it's because they get stuck in the map, or what. I know my character still gets stuck and can't move or fast travel sometimes when I am walking over rough terrain.

This game as froze me out so many times I am about to say it's unplayable. I mean this deserves a refund.

Also, I often run into crippling slowdown in Freeside. Not sure it's because there's too much going on there or what, but it's very annoying to have to reload each time it happens.

skotgun

Geese's Limo Driver
The only time I saw a companion die was Cassidy, when I brought her to Van Graff's. Otherwise, they do tend to disappear. I don't know if it's because they get stuck in the map, or what. I know my character still gets stuck and can't move or fast travel sometimes when I am walking over rough terrain.

This game as froze me out so many times I am about to say it's unplayable. I mean this deserves a refund.

Also, I often run into crippling slowdown in Freeside. Not sure it's because there's too much going on there or what, but it's very annoying to have to reload each time it happens.

if you're not playing hardcore, your companions actually can't even be killed (unless you kill them).

kinda reminds me of kotor II, because they took a great game made by someone else, and made a good sequel that is barely playable because it's so fucking buggy.
i moticed that there's a second update for the pc, sso i applied that before going to bed, and we'll see if it changes anything when i play later today.