Fiction-within-fiction you'd watch for real

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I was just watching an episode of King of the Hill, and it was one of the ones where they watch Monsignor Martinez on television. If you haven't seen it:

I would watch the shit out of this if it were a real show.

Another one I always liked was Sick, Sad World on Daria:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Avmt9z9CAAIRPeI

famicommander

15 Year Member
A similar problem is when there is a backstory or flashback in a movie that is much better than the actual movie.

Like in Bumblebee, there's a brief scene at the beginning with a cool battle on Cybertron. And then the actual movie starts.

Or in Matrix 4, where the backstory is a machine civil war with some siding against the others and with the humans. That sounds like a much better movie than Neo walking around force-pushing everything because the new Matrix runs on love or some shit.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
A similar problem is when there is a backstory or flashback in a movie that is much better than the actual movie.

Like in Bumblebee, there's a brief scene at the beginning with a cool battle on Cybertron. And then the actual movie starts.

Or in Matrix 4, where the backstory is a machine civil war with some siding against the others and with the humans. That sounds like a much better movie than Neo walking around force-pushing everything because the new Matrix runs on love or some shit.

Solo is a terrible film, however, the WW1-sequels depiction of Stomtroopers waging war against the Wookies on Kashyyk was the best part of the movie for me. It was a brief glimpse at a nightmarish hellscape.

I really want a Star Wars version of something like All Quiet on the Western Front or Paths of Glory that takes places early on in the empire when they start recruiting humans in to the Imperial Army to replace the clones.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
well if we're talking about that kind of stuff... not that Terminator 1 doesn't fucking rule in its entirety, but:

It’s crazy how bad terminator 4 was whee we n they had shit like this to draw inspiration from,

famicommander

15 Year Member
Solo is a terrible film, however, the WW1-sequels depiction of Stomtroopers waging war against the Wookies on Kashyyk was the best part of the movie for me. It was a brief glimpse at a nightmarish hellscape.

I really want a Star Wars version of something like All Quiet on the Western Front or Paths of Glory that takes places early on in the empire when they start recruiting humans in to the Imperial Army to replace the clones.
They literally just did a 16 episode season of Bad Batch about exactly that