FS - Neo-Geo Side Art

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Rating - 100%
120   0   0
All these pics are making me wish I had a big red instead of a candy cab :) Always cool to see these big red store pictures.

eccs19

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
so when are ya gonna start making marquees and memory card / headphone panel decals? :)

The problem with the memory card panels, is the lettering is so small, it would be a total pain in the ass to do. My machine doesn't just print onto sticky material, it actually uses a small knife blade, and cuts the lettering out, so you can imagine how much of a pain that would be. If you ever need lettering / graphics for a marquee, just let me know. The thing to keep in mind is that you only get lettering, so you would need your plexi glass to be the correct color, or alternatively, I could just send you some vinyl cut just a bit bigger than your plexi, then you could apply lettering over that, but it could be a bit of a pain, but not impossible.

eccs19

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
so when are ya gonna start making marquees and memory card / headphone panel decals? :)

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have a good scan or vector of the headphone panel decal? I may be able to source something to be able to add to my current bundle. (assuming the cost is not that much) I'd be interested to see what anyone has.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
I think I did one of this not long ago. I'll scramble for it and send it your way when I get the chance.

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
111   0   0
Just curious if you have the MVS-4-25 (ver. 1) size decals available? I was just curious because of the 1 and 2 player decal layout. It's the final piece(s) to complete my restoration project.

Eccs, I can't tell you how sweet those decals look, wow what a service. ElectricGrave said it man, keep up the great work and stick around for a long time man lol!

eccs19

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Just curious if you have the MVS-4-25 (ver. 1) size decals available? I was just curious because of the 1 and 2 player decal layout. It's the final piece(s) to complete my restoration project.

Eccs, I can't tell you how sweet those decals look, wow what a service. ElectricGrave said it man, keep up the great work and stick around for a long time man lol!

I expect that the side decals are the same size as the version 3, it's just the Right / Left player arrows will probably be different. Have you by chance already removed the existing decals? Measurements would be cool, then I could offer the version 1 complete set as well.

Jag-Master

15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
111   0   0
I expect that the side decals are the same size as the version 3, it's just the Right / Left player arrows will probably be different. Have you by chance already removed the existing decals? Measurements would be cool, then I could offer the version 1 complete set as well.

Yeah I'd be happy to help you out with the measurements. The existing decals unfortunately have already been removed, as I re-painted the cab. The left and right player arrows took up most of the top above the coin doors. The side art based on what I've seen should be the same, maybe someone else could chime in to confirm this.

eccs19

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Yeah I'd be happy to help you out with the measurements. The existing decals unfortunately have already been removed, as I re-painted the cab. The left and right player arrows took up most of the top above the coin doors. The side art based on what I've seen should be the same, maybe someone else could chime in to confirm this.

If someone can help and get us the measurements for the Right / Left player, then we would be all set. It would take me some time to get it set up correctly, but once it's done, we would be good to go.

Jag-Master

15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
111   0   0
Awesome thanks Eccs!

:forw:So if anyone with a 4-slot version 1 cab could help us out that would be great. I'm sure there are others who would also enjoy these new decals as well. We need the measurements for the left and right player arrows. Any help would be much appreciated.:back:

jtslade

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Will Measure it Tonight. That sounds bad.

I am working on polishing the metal CPO and buffing it tonight. I'll measure all the art for the cab and post it by Tuesday. Thank God I vote by absentee ballot, cause waiting in line for hours upon hours sounds like not fun!

2996508828_14a9b4e551_b.jpg

How detailed do you need. Can you be specific. Otherwise I will have to draw this in Corel Draw.

I had planned to do a exact measurement of the control panel into a Corel Draw file so that the laser engraver can cut my plexi panel.

Let me know as I am 6 hours ahead of EST time.

Jtslade.

jtslade

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you want the lettering sizes as well?

???

Should I type out the font (not sure which one it is) then overlay my Corel Draw print out on cheap paper so that I can be sure it is perfect. I don't want it to be even the slightest bit off.

Just wondering.

Last edited:

eccs19

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
It looks like the lettering is in the same position as the version 3. If you give me the approximate position from the inside of the arrow to where the lettering starts, that would be perfect. No need to do all the lettering, just make a box, and put some dimensions on it, and I'm cool with that.

Thanks a million!

jekbrown

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I just emailed a tiff of the headphones / memory card graphics to your hotmail account. Hope it helps!

dsnyder90

n00b
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Something that I thought I posted in this thread, but I checked and I guess I didn't. Here are some generic instructions for doing the installation of these graphics. If link doesn't work directly, just copy / paste into browser window.

http://www.virtualsolutions.ca/eccs19/Vinyl Installation Instructions.pdf

Wondering if you could rehost this eccs19, as the link seems to be dead now.

eccs19

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Wondering if you could rehost this eccs19, as the link seems to be dead now.

Strange, I just tried it, and it seems to be working. I think you need to copy / paste it. Just clicking on the link doesn't seem to work. Let me know if that works.

dsnyder90

n00b
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Wow, I didn't notice that the break in the filename was still part of the hyperlink, sorry about that that. In other news, are you still doing the sideart and/or memory slot stickers?

eccs19

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Wow, I didn't notice that the break in the filename was still part of the hyperlink, sorry about that that. In other news, are you still doing the sideart and/or memory slot stickers?

Yes, I'm still doing them. Went for a while with no sales, but just recently, sold a couple of sets. I've slightly increased my cost for shipping, because of Canada Post, but side art is still the same. Just also note that I don't offer the paint mask version anymore. For the cost of the material involved in that version, it wasn't worth it, and couldn't justify an increase in cost to you guys. Wouldn't be fair to you.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
I can attest to the quality of this side art sets. I have 4 sets and they're all excellent even though I've only used one so far. I think ecs19 is doing a great job with this and it's sorely needed by many, I hope he never stops making the stuff.

I have to hit you up for some capcom decals man, what would I need to send you in order to get this going? I have the logo in PSD format, I'll see if I can track a vector for it but can you work with a PSD and can you do colors on it?

eccs19

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I can attest to the quality of this side art sets. I have 4 sets and they're all excellent even though I've only used one so far. I think ecs19 is doing a great job with this and it's sorely needed by many, I hope he never stops making the stuff.

I have to hit you up for some capcom decals man, what would I need to send you in order to get this going? I have the logo in PSD format, I'll see if I can track a vector for it but can you work with a PSD and can you do colors on it?

I can't use PSD, but I do have a number of misc logo's in AI format, so I may already have what you need. Send me a copy of a pic, and I'll see if I've got it.

As for colors, it would basically be layering colors over colors to get what you want. Depending of the situation, it may be good, or it may not look good. If you're always looking from a distance, then definitely shouldn't be a problem. I'd have a better idea once I see what you want. It may also just be to complicated to do it, and be worth while (cost wise) to mess around getting it right.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
Well the capcom logo has a light blue border with a yellow font but I could just settle for yellow alone 'cause the cab is blue anyway. Let me sort some stuff first before I send that logo in. BTW, I think I might have the AI version as well, I'll hit you with it once I find it.

Thanks man!

eccs19

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Well the capcom logo has a light blue border with a yellow font but I could just settle for yellow alone 'cause the cab is blue anyway. Let me sort some stuff first before I send that logo in. BTW, I think I might have the AI version as well, I'll hit you with it once I find it.

Thanks man!

No prob. Just let me know. I checked my stash, and I do have yellow vinyl, it's older, but it should work. Save the cost of having to purchase some for a one off job.

payment_due

Arcade Trading Room Troll? Well its about damn t
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I know that the 'small' version of the Memory card reader/headphone jack was recreated by you eccs (btw I'm very happy with the decals I bought from you months ago) but what about the larger version on the 2 slots? The one I mean is this here, right above the coin doors:

MVS-2-25.jpg

Is there any way to recreate those? The one I have was painted over by the arcade op.