Gamestop/EB Wii Preorders start tommorow

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I simply called in to get one... said I'll be there sometime in the morning to pay for it :)

bulletnyourass

noble trader
TonK said:
I simply called in to get one... said I'll be there sometime in the morning to pay for it :)

Mike,

Bad news man. I just went up there and gave the guy a $10 bill to put my name in your place. Looks like you're gonna be Wii-less this holiday season. :kekeke:

Phillip

Last edited:

Sundance

Sho's Rival
Mark of the Wolves said:
I wonder if people will line up for it?

I'll let you know tomorrow. I have a friend thats going to go down at 9am and wait there in line (or start one) until 10 when they open, for me.

Borman

Genjuro's Frog
Im determined to be there bright and early tomorrow. Anyone planning on going to the Crossgates Mall in albany, look for the loser with a navy DS lite lol.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Bulletnyourass said:
Mike,

Bad news man. I just went up there and gave the guy a $10 bill to put my name in your place. Looks like you're gonna be Wii-less this holiday season. :kekeke:

Phillip

FYI, I was the person you gave the $10 to, but was wearing a mask that was used in MI2...

I then proceeded to wipe my ass with said note.

bulletnyourass

noble trader
TonK said:
FYI, I was the person you gave the $10 to, but was wearing a mask that was used in MI2...

I then proceeded to wipe my ass with said note.

HAHAHAHAHA

Fucker ... You got me good with that one.

I'll buy yours right after release because you'll get tired of it. :kekeke:

I added you to my XBLive but I never see you on. Did you get rid of the XBOX?

Whens the last time you've talked to Mikhail? I need to give him a call.

Phillip

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
YuckMud said:
I hate this BS that all these stores do. You know their holding them for the employees.

I have to shoot this particular rumor down _right now_. GameStop is limiting the number of systems that employees can reserve to prevent this from happening. I'm not gonna give any exact numbers, as I like my job and I want to keep it, but most of the the systems are going to customers.

And rest assured, they're poring over those reserve lists like CSI invesigators to make sure no funny shit goes down.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Bulletnyourass said:
HAHAHAHAHA

Fucker ... You got me good with that one.

I'll buy yours right after release because you'll get tired of it. :kekeke:

I added you to my XBLive but I never see you on. Did you get rid of the XBOX?

Whens the last time you've talked to Mikhail? I need to give him a call.

Phillip

Yeah, I need to call that fuck...

Of course I got rid of my 360...

The Halo sessions werent the same after the Oxy :(

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
YuckMud said:
My friend called Nintendo World and they told him to get to the store "NOW" because their running out and today might be the final day for preorders. He got there around two in the afternoon and their were already five people in the store and he was able to get his preorder in and another for Zelda.

I hate this BS that all these stores do. You know their holding them for the employees. It's the same shit that happened when my friend and I went to the local Wal-Mart for our DS. There were six people including us at the door and that just happened to be the number of systems they had... :smirk: The best was when one of these guys with his kid was yelling how they were supposed to get 20-30 systems, and it went down to just six? Yeah right.

Nintendo World is getting a ton in. Also, if you get a pre-order you are GUARANTEED one at lunch because they hold your system for you. I have had my Wii pre-order from them since 9/14 (nearly a month now) and have been harping that anyone in the NYC area seroius about getting a Wii should get their pre-order in. I am glad to know that at least one store has some reasonable policies.

On another note, for some sick reason, I find waiting in line and having the excitement of not knowing whether or not I will get one more fulfilling than having a pre-order. I am sure that after I get my Wii into my hands, I will start to lose my excitement. Honestly, the best part about getting my 360 last year was actually finding it!!

bulletnyourass

noble trader
My friend just called me and asked me if I wanted to hang out with him tonight because he wants to camp out in front of the EB for preordering. He cant beleive that I don't want one. Funny thing is that he originally didnt want a Wii. However, since he couldnt score a PS3 pre-order he is going to go ahead and get this instead.

I am in no way discrediting Ninitendo.... but I think this is going to happen with alot of people. Since they couldn't get a PS3 preorder, they'll opt for the Wii instead. As much as I like all 3 gaming companies, I think Sony is really shooting themselves in the ass with this system launch. I think the Wii is truly offering something different but it's just not for me .... maybe with some more releases and an opportunity to actually use one I may change my mind (maybe not). Regardless, Nintendo and Microsoft (rumored $100 price drop) are going to get a lot more sales because customers will want to buy their kids and themselves a new system for Christmas and the PS3 will be nowhere in site .... well .... except for EBAY :rolleyes: .

Phillip

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
I'd definitely like to get a Wii this year, but I'm not taking a day off from work and camping out all night just for the 'privilege' of pre-ordering. I'll stop by after work tomorrow, if they're still doing pre-orders by then, great, if not, well then I've got plenty of other games/systems to play this fall.

The whole mess with the Xbox 360 last year finally soured me on all this 'ZOMG! New system!!!111!!1' hype.:angry: Not to mention all the douche bags buying a system just to eGay it.:oh_no:

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Bulletnyourass said:
My friend just called me and asked me if I wanted to hang out with him tonight because he wants to camp out in front of the EB for preordering. He cant beleive that I don't want one. Funny thing is that he originally didnt want a Wii. However, since he couldnt score a PS3 pre-order he is going to go ahead and get this instead.

I am in no way discrediting Ninitendo.... but I think this is going to happen with alot of people. Since they couldn't get a PS3 preorder, they'll opt for the Wii instead. As much as I like all 3 gaming companies, I think Sony is really shooting themselves in the ass with this system launch. I think the Wii is truly offering something different but it's just not for me .... maybe with some more releases and an opportunity to actually use one I may change my mind (maybe not). Regardless, Nintendo and Microsoft (rumored $100 price drop) are going to get a lot more sales because customers will want to buy their kids and themselves a new system for Christmas and the PS3 will be nowhere in site .... well .... except for EBAY :rolleyes: .

Phillip

Very true. $250 vs. $1000+ on ebay.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
I'll call my local EB at lunch tomorrow, and if can pre-order, great. If I can't, too bad. I'll just gonna go online route. 2 million for launch in North America, I think I'll be able to get my hands on one.

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
I got a hold of a GS right next to my work (which is on the other side of town) and they are getting 36. Guess where I'm going to pre-order mine? :D

Pink Spider

Beast Buster
Lime2K said:
I have to shoot this particular rumor down _right now_. GameStop is limiting the number of systems that employees can reserve to prevent this from happening.

If you can't, I'll pass on what I heard.
A friend of mine who works at Gamestop told me stores in his area are enforcing a limit of 2 employee pre orders per store.
16 total per store minus 2 if employees pre order.

I also called a Gamestop about the Wii and was told they couldnt tell me the limit on pre-orders. So if they have any at 11:30 when I take my lunch, lucky me, if not, its line time on the Nov 18th. Way to spend my 28th birthday :buttrock:

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Best of luck to anyone going to get a preorder tomorrow. The Wii isn't my cup of tea, but I understand that it's exciting to get that new console you want for the holiday season. I hope resellers won't buy up all the preorders on this one, because it's just a waste of everybody's time that wants a console because I don't see the Ebay markup being too high on this system. Sure it will go for more than retail on Ebay before Christmas, but not enough that it's seriously worth anyone's time. I'm estimating $100 profit, MAX.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Just came back from EB about an hour ago. I was third in line. So, definitely looks like odds are pretty good that I will be able to get a system on launch for Wii.

As far as the actual release day, (and I'm guessing this varies by store) they are opening at 8 AM on the 19th of November. Only those who had it preordered will be able to get one. But, if there should be some system shortage, not all preorders are guaranteed. (So, basically: first come, first served. Arrive early with your preorder receipt).

Here's what it said on the piece of paper I got:

THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESERVATION

NOTICE

As Gamestop cannot control production and shipping issues by the manufacturer, the reservation deposit will only guarantee a spot in line when your reserved product becomes available. The reservation deposit does not guarantee receipt of a system available to purchase at launch. Online product pricing and availability will vary and will be fulfilled independent of store reservations. Reservations/Purchases are limited to 1 per household.

That's the skinny on that. One of the other nice things about this is you can make payments on it if you won't have the whole amount (I know it's not as much as a PS3...) on you at launch.

Jon

Borman

Genjuro's Frog
I just got back. I was also 3rd in Line ;) My mom got one back home too, so Ill be fine

Borman

Genjuro's Frog
Heres some of the people behind me (some arent pictured) when they opened up
100_0604.sized.jpg

And after I got wendys and ate
100_0608.sized.jpg

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Just got back I was 2nd in line.....I got there at 7:30am and they were only taking 8 pre-orders which filled up at about quarter till 10 (opening time)

The woman who was first got there before close the day before.....

What was most interesting were the conversations that the grandmas were having with eachother (There were only two people under 40 in line) One of them said to the other "I'm interested to see this thing, it looks like the first videogame that even I might be able to play with my kids" - she was easily over 40

Maybe Nintendo will attract more people than I thought

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
I got mine and one for a friend. One from Game Stop and one from Game Crazy. I didn't get to the Game Crazy till 11 and I was the last person to get on their list. Pretty painless.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Well, I contemplated taking a few hours' vacation time this morning, but then I just realized I am so not down with the idea of waiting in line for hours to maybe get a chance to get a pre-order that doesn't actually guarantee me anything.

And I'm with Phillip on this; I'm just not convinced that I'm gonna get to Nov. 19 and go goddamn, I really want one of these things.

So I'm passing on the pre-order madness. Good luck to all of you guys that got pre-orders in, though, sounds like Nintendo is far more likely to deliver than Sony is.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I'll be hitting up Wal*Mart/K-Mart Toys 'R' Us on launch day.

SN K'

Armored Scrum Object
GregN. said:
I'll be hitting up Wal*Mart/K-Mart Toys 'R' Us on launch day.

I was thinkin the same thing, I went to Walmart.com and it says they'll be doing preselling for ps3 and Wii. I wonder if they will still get some for sale the old fashioned way.