GDP reading shows economy humming at a solid clip with few signs that inflation's a m

IMTheWalrus

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
wasabi said:
Of course the GDP went up. Government Expeditures have been ridiculous since 2001. Most people will never be able to know exactly what 90% of the government expenditures were (after all the lines have been redacted). At the same time, we've bred an middle class america that consumes beyond it's ability to produce. Not that I'm complaining about 17 year old girls in Juicy Couture fur jackets with BCBG miniskirts.

edit: found one gov't expenditure
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/01/p...&en=9f62482797121962&ei=5094&partner=homepage

That's really true. We are spending over our limits which is making the economy grow at the cost of future growth. It's not good news.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
The US is heading for a recession regardless. Interest rates are a huge indication and last time i heard they raised them 7 times in a row. Profits are going to fall for corporations in pretty much all the areas that deal with commodity while investment in areas like procter and gamble are going to get to flooded. Especially with the bursting of the housing bubble, and the recent closing of GM plants and handouts ford is asking for as they repersent a nice chunk and indicator of how the economy is truely doing. Its to be expected really. Can't stop the cycle of the ecomony and its had its run returning to the downward spiral.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
wasabi said:
Of course the GDP went up. Government Expeditures have been ridiculous since 2001. Most people will never be able to know exactly what 90% of the government expenditures were (after all the lines have been redacted). At the same time, we've bred an middle class america that consumes beyond it's ability to produce. Not that I'm complaining about 17 year old girls in Juicy Couture fur jackets with BCBG miniskirts.

People haven't known about government expenditures for decades. The government has become a secret club whose sole mission is to feed the public just enough bullshit to increase its own power while fooling the masses into voting them back in office for another term of complete stagnation.

/KA mode off

Anyway, I'm glad to see the new bankruptcy laws in place. It's no longer a simple thing to file bankruptcy and tell all your creditors to fuck off.

Hopefully people will begin to choose food over rims and designer clothing, but if they don't, let 'em starve. The population needs some help from evolution anyway.

BoriquaSNK

His Excellency BoriquaSNK,, The Ambassador of Appl
15 Year Member
melchia said:
I suppose I should post something a little more flame inspiring:
The current administration isn't doing as bad of a job as many people around here seem to think!

That would be false. Flame on.

We came out of a recession of completely natural circumstances. All of the President's economic "stimuli" have done little more than increase boat sales, inflate the budget deficit, and keep working families and those on fixed incomes from buying prescription drugs.

Of course there's little inflation, we're nearly 7 trillion (!) dollars in debt and oil is astronomical, that alone will keep the dollar strong for some time.

melchia

Franco's Trainer
BoriquaSNK said:
That would be false. Flame on.

We came out of a recession of completely natural circumstances. All of the President's economic "stimuli" have done little more than increase boat sales, inflate the budget deficit, and keep working families and those on fixed incomes from buying prescription drugs.
u know...that's one of the more misleading sayings...i'm on a 'fixed income.'

BoriquaSNK said:
Of course there's little inflation, we're nearly 7 trillion (!) dollars in debt and oil is astronomical, that alone will keep the dollar strong for some time.
how expensive is oil right now?

BoriquaSNK

15 Year Member
galfordo said:
Anyway, I'm glad to see the new bankruptcy laws in place. It's no longer a simple thing to file bankruptcy and tell all your creditors to fuck off.

Hopefully people will begin to choose food over rims and designer clothing, but if they don't, let 'em starve. The population needs some help from evolution anyway.

The vast majority of people do.

Y'know, 75% of those on welfare are white, and probably voted for Bush.

These new bankruptcy laws affect small business owners, you know, those guys your party seems so preoccupied with "saving" from the Dems, the most. A simple business mistake can ruin someone's life forever.

:chimp:

BoriquaSNK

15 Year Member
melchia said:
u know...that's one of the more misleading sayings...i'm on a 'fixed income.'

how expensive is oil right now?

Fixed Income = retirees, pensioners, and social security recipients.

You want to tell me with a straight face that Bush's tax cut was good for the country? Hell, I spent mine on a new pair of pumas and $50 donation to John Edwards.

Oil is currently hovering around $59 a barrel.

melchia

Franco's Trainer
BoriquaSNK said:
Fixed Income = retirees, pensioners, and social security recipients.
because i had no idea what you were referring to :rolleyes:
fail to see the address toward the ridiculousness of the term...

BouriquaSNK said:
You want to tell me with a straight face that Bush's tax cut was good for the country? Hell, I spent mine on a new pair of pumas and $50 donation to John Edwards.
then it looks like it worked by your redistributing it back into the economy. :chimp:

how do those links prove the the white americans on welfare voted for bush?

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I can see Galfordo likes to hang out with people of his own mindset. just an observation. it just struck me by reading both Melchia's and Galfordo's posts in the same thread how similar they are in the way they argue and think, and that they actually know each other in person.
werd.

Last edited:

melchia

Franco's Trainer
DevilRedeemed said:
I can see Galfordo likes to hang out with people of his own mindset. just an observation. it just struck me by reading both Melchia's and Galfordo's posts in the same thread how similar they are in the way they argue and think, and that they actually know each other in person.
werd.
we argue the same way? what? i purposely avoid inflammatory remarks when arguing seriously...