Good God...this weather is really taking its toll on everyone...

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I'm outside of the blizzard area...but the snow.totals seem to be the same. Supposedly this storm is going to be followed by a heavy rain storm on Wednesday. Get your fucking arcs built motherfuckers.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
today it was pretty damn hot here in san diego(almost felt like you were in the desert). ending up leaving the doors closed at work and turning on the ac.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
So far it's not that bad on the CT coast, as long as there aren't any driving bans.

omegasit

Crossed Swords Squire
I had to use 1 of my floating holidays cause of the MA driving ban. Use it or don't get paid. Sucked.

Giga_Power32bit

Armored Scrum Object
Had the roof at my work and also my home cleaned off before the next big storm hits us. There was over 5ft of snow accumulated and did not want to risk a roof collapse. How much more snow can be we take. We do not have room for the snow we have now never mind another foot+ from the storm coming in tonite and will not end into Monday. Plus another chance for more snow Wednesday.

Last edited:

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Had the roof at my work and also my home cleaned off before the next big storm hits us. There was over 5ft of snow accumulated and did not want to risk a roof collapse. How much more snow can be we take. We do not have room for the snow we have now never mind another foot+ from the storm coming in tonite and will not end into Monday. Plus another chance for more snow Wednesday.

Why the State is allowing Emergency dumping into waterways at this point. Using proper guidance of course.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I feel bad for you on the east coast - you guys are getting slammed. That's usually how it is in MN. So far the only day we had with a huge dumping of snow has been the beginning of winter this year. Last we got fucked up.

kraquepype

Armored Scrum Object
Not so much snow but its blowing its ass off out there here in Fredneck county MD... Can't sleep with all the damn wind! ( hence the post lol )

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Man...this is so brutal for so many. The reports are just insane. I fear the eventual thaw will be an entirely different problem too.

Here, it's just been extremely cold and windy. It was 20 yesterday but the 30+ mph winds made it horrible outside. Temps are supposed to be very bitter this week. It's currently 7 outside and were not expected to hit even freezing in the foreseeable future.

Again though...no snow so I feel bad even bitching about it...

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Here's a shot of my walkway out to my car this morning on Cape Cod:
20150215_120028_zpsd9kxilsb.jpg

The walkway was clear yesterday and you can see how it has built up on the last snow when you look at the 4' picket

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Here are some shots of my place and me cleaning today -anybody knows nothing about this power!!!

Last edited:

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
The frontyard....

16353893510_4917b48d4f_z.jpg

16353870440_4e0b374fba_z.jpg

16353870460_60e7ea129e_z.jpg

16353893010_02037e38f9_z.jpg

I dug the Jeep out halfway through the storm to get fixings for Valentine Martinis

16353870020_77c5029641_z.jpg

The Jetta and some extra ice we forgot about.
The ice maker couldn't keep us with us last night.

16353893230_107f074798_z.jpg

Our wounderful fucking neighbors with a boss snowthrower. I helped this guy all summer with his garden and he still let it go to shit. Being the nice neighbor is still gave him about a third of my tomatoes and he hasn't even offered to help once. Fuck him

16353893030_e2826c2705_z.jpg

16353869720_b7a9638e06_z.jpg

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
If their electric company is CL&P, that may very well be the case.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I went outside for literally a couple of minutes tonight and nearly got frostbite! (NJ) Temperature is -1 degrees, 'feels like' -15 degrees with the wind chill.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I went outside for literally a couple of minutes tonight and nearly got frostbite! (NJ) Temperature is -1 degrees, 'feels like' -15 degrees with the wind chill.

Yeah...winter is apparently going to go out with a "fuck-you" this year. The low on Wed is -3, the high is 9. I have to have my wife at the hospital at 6am for surgery that morning so it's going to be a cold one...

I know this isn't much compared to those in Canada...but last year was the coldest temps I have felt in my 37 years on this planet. We hit and honest -20 Jan '14...with winds in the 20mph range frostbite would occur in less than 10 min of exposure. It snowed the day before and I had to shovel that morning...any exposed skin felt like it was on fire...

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'm only looking an AWD vehicles for my next purchase. These last two years have been too much stress while driving.
I should really just get all-weather or winter tires instead of super sports.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
-6 degrees Fahrenheit this morning where I'm at...Glad my car turned over. It didn't seem to want to, not that I blame it.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
8ft of snow in total so far. -1 when I woke up with a minus -29 windchill. At this point if I'm gonna deal with Alaskan weather, I might as well move up there and get a fucking manison with what I'm paying here.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I feel bad for you guys, down here on Panda Island they are calling for 1-3 inches and people are in a panic.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I'm only looking an AWD vehicles for my next purchase. These last two years have been too much stress while driving.
I should really just get all-weather or winter tires instead of super sports.

This.

I used to have sports cars...no more. I got sick of "the rulz" of having one when it comes to use.

Last year we had around 60" of snow for the season...so while never really deep, it was always on the ground it seemed.

This was taken Feb 15th of 2014:
IMG_2089_zps19f6ae6a.jpg

This is what the ground/streets looked like nearly the entire winter. My wife drives a 2013 Subaru Impreza hatch which is on the stock tires...it chugged through the entire winter without a problem. I was SHOCKED at how sure footed that car was at all times. We plan on getting a different car summer 2016 and will probably just get a Forrester, which is basically the Impreza with more ground clearance (my only complaint about the car).

I added some good tires to my 4x4 truck in Sept...I have taken that hoss everywhere this winter, including out to the snow-buried shooting range last week. No problems what so ever.

I will never buy a summer car again...unless I am wealthy enough to drive it only as a toy. Between the Ram and the Impreza...I no longer fear most "reasonable" winter weather (except ice...that shit still scares me)...