Gun Lord - Another new game by NG:DEV Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I have the game on home cartridge but kind of suck at it. I can beat the first stage but get my ass handed to me in round 2. Does anyone have any strategies for playing this game?
You could ask Mendel for strategic advice... he made a pretty sweet speed run in arcade mode not too long ago:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Stage 2 is the shmup stage. That one relies more on reflex dodging the bullets than anything else in the rest of the game.

Zonks678

n00b
I managed to get to the third boss but got toasted. You are right. The second stage is a schump stage. I like the eery feeling to the third stage.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
What the what??

pledge for Gunlord now also for PC download and physical disc!

20130916094749-PC_GL_DVD.jpg

Available both as DRM-free download and PC CD-ROM.

Get a DRM-free physical copy of Gunlord for PC.
DVD case with 12 pages full color manual, full color insert and full color disc. Other options are available in the perk section.

If green-lit on steam, we will also provide a steam code.

New features of the PC version:

- Support of keyboard, HID joypad and X360 game pad on PC

- Adjustable controls and video options

this is madness!

Last edited:

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I have so far played the dreamcast version on dreamcast, neo geo version on mvs cab and cmvs, I am hoping for the igg campaign to go through so I can play it on 3ds and wii u as well... While the dreamcast version also works okayish on pc with emulator (last spring I actually ripped my original dreamcast gunlord cd to try this on pc while I still was waiting for my actual dreamcast console to arrive. It was okay though sometimes music bugged out), I am convinced the actual pc version will be superior. Hell, if they get greenlit on steam you will also most likely get achievements there ;)

Last edited:

city41

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I have so far played the dreamcast version on dreamcast, neo geo version on mvs cab and cmvs

Have you noticed any differences between MVS and Dreamcast? I'm probably going to sell my AES version and stick with Dreamcast.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
There are no falling leaves on level 1 on dreamcast.

Dreamcast gdrom drive makes noises.

Intro music is different and "bitches" has been censored out from dreamcast version intro and replaced with engrish text of "your are cute".

There´s some very rare slowdown on neo geo version that doesnt happen on dreamcast version, then again dreamcast version sometimes loads for a second when entering a boss battle and that doesnt happen on neo geo version.

Other than that it´s very much the same. I dont have a good sanwa stick and buttons for dreamcast though so I like the neo geo version better due to controls and cab gameplay experience :)

Last edited:

Stellaking

Witchsmeller Pursuivant
Taken a while for NGDT to court other platforms... yeah, why not - I'm in.

Last edited:

city41

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Other than that it´s very much the same. I dont have a good sanwa stick and buttons for dreamcast though so I like the neo geo version better due to controls and cab gameplay experience :)

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Once I get to it I'm putting my AES versions for sale.

xsq

anyone know where I can still pick up a Dreamcast version of Gun Lord for a decent price?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Might have to wait for the next reprint.

Last edited:

xsq

Videogameimports seem to have one new in stock for a "reasonable price" considered it´s sold out.
Yeah, I saw that, too... hoped I could get around f*ing ebay though.

Stellaking

Witchsmeller Pursuivant
Lee is a top bloke to deal with - VGI being a good place to keep track of any NGDT (or Hucast) DC happenings.

I'd hit up the VGI site direct - can recommend.

Last edited:

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
Thanks for the hints and recommendations, I'll go with VGI then!

Good call and the price is always better on the website because no ebay fees markup. Known Lee for over 10 years now; great guy and professional product.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
barring a last minute flood of indiegogo pledgers... I am sad to see the campaign seems unlikely to succeed :(

Capt. Lurker

There's a post count?What the fuck isThat All abou
barring a last minute flood of indiegogo pledgers... I am sad to see the campaign seems unlikely to succeed :(

Oh darn... :rolleyes:

On to more pressing matters...

So, has anyone received any word on when "buyers" will get their Gunlord Snap Cases and inserts?
Or how about Fast Striker "buyers", any word on the shipping of the "complete" game might be?

Based on the barren NG.dev website, and the complete and absurd lack of updates, looks like there is little hope to see either of these in 2013. :rolleyes:

Just saying.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
News travels fast. If they're unable to deliver the goods on time, it will obviously be difficult to attract more funding.

Slugger

Marked Wolf
News travels fast. If they're unable to deliver the goods on time, it will obviously be difficult to attract more funding.
This. If they don´t know the exact release date why not put 2014 tba or something in the first place. By postponing the release dates all over again is just bad business.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I fear that those DG enterprises snap cases never existed in the firstplace.....

Status
Not open for further replies.