Gun Lord - Another new game by NG:DEV Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I´m sure they existed but they were shit quality as custom plastic molds often result into... and they cracked during international shipping.

Capt. Lurker

There's a post count?What the fuck isThat All abou
I fear that those DG enterprises snap cases never existed in the firstplace.....

After dumping funds on both AES games, I am beginning to wonder the same. Heck, and I am not even one of the buyers that has been waiting 2+ years for this.

And like I mentioned, the NG.dev website is so barren now. There is absolutely no mention of anything at all (proper business ethics tip #1, some news is better then no news at all).
And now I am beginning to think this DG was and has been a fraud from the get-go, and these poor bastards at NG.dev have zero idea on how to fix the situation. (hint: start buying up all the cheaper new gen snap case sac'd carts you can and start delivering, or better yet, get a plastic molding company into the works, and do it fast, take out a business loan if you need to)

As much as I'd love to support this indie company, I want my complete games now, that I've paid for and have been waiting over a year for!!

I mentioned it before, these guys struck it lucky with all the sac'd carts and cases they acquired for the Last Hope AES production. Unfortunately, they dumped all their trust into this douchebag DG, collected up front monies from many interested supporters/buyers, and really didn't have anything solid in place before collecting money, and now it seems as if they can't or won't deliver 100% of what was paid for.

Not to mention, do they even have the funds to refund anyone? :rolleyes:

I know people, including myself, are simply hanging in there hoping for a positive outcome, however, I'm certain 90% of us buyers are boiling inside with distrust or utter uncertainty of NG.dev. And for us to support new NG.dev ventures before we take delivery of what's owed... fuck that!

Blondin

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
After dumping funds on both AES games, I am beginning to wonder the same. Heck, and I am not even one of the buyers that has been waiting 2+ years for this.

And like I mentioned, the NG.dev website is so barren now. There is absolutely no mention of anything at all (proper business ethics tip #1, some news is better then no news at all).
And now I am beginning to think this DG was and has been a fraud from the get-go, and these poor bastards at NG.dev have zero idea on how to fix the situation. (hint: start buying up all the cheaper new gen snap case sac'd carts you can and start delivering, or better yet, get a plastic molding company into the works, and do it fast, take out a business loan if you need to)

As much as I'd love to support this indie company, I want my complete games now, that I've paid for and have been waiting over a year for!!

I mentioned it before, these guys struck it lucky with all the sac'd carts and cases they acquired for the Last Hope AES production. Unfortunately, they dumped all their trust into this douchebag DG, collected up front monies from many interested supporters/buyers, and really didn't have anything solid in place before collecting money, and now it seems as if they can't or won't deliver 100% of what was paid for.

Not to mention, do they even have the funds to refund anyone? :rolleyes:

I know people, including myself, are simply hanging in there hoping for a positive outcome, however, I'm certain 90% of us buyers are boiling inside with distrust or utter uncertainty of NG.dev. And for us to support new NG.dev ventures before we take delivery of what's owed... fuck that!

You're 100% right. Now most buyers may think they simply didn't told the truth about what was going on with these snapcases, and the risk is they won't ever trust ng dev team again. I wanted to buy fast striker and xyx after gunlord, but as i didn't received my gunlord snapcase (which was what we were officially sold, and not a cheap carton box with no insert) it was clearly out of the question. We waited almost two years to finally have the game we paid 450 bucks for, the least they could do is provide complete products, one way or another. Anything can still happen, but imo, it became difficult for many cheated clients to trust them anymore now.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I wish they would give some kind of update on the cases. Just saying nothing is not the best thing to do at this point imo.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Probably true, just hope we get the insert for it.

I reckon they should send out the inserts and give everyone a $50 refund so they can go and buy a cheap home cart to sac for a case.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Even if there were no cases, that shouldn't have kept them from shipping out Fast Striker carts in the same fashion as they did with Gunlord carts.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
I reckon they should send out the inserts and give everyone a $50 refund so they can go and buy a cheap home cart to sac for a case.

You're going to need a lot more than a $50 refund to afford a cart with a snap case, have you seen the prices games are going for nowadays?

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
You're going to need a lot more than a $50 refund to afford a cart with a snap case, have you seen the prices games are going for nowadays?

Oh right, you want a snap case. I was thinking you could just buy a Sam Spirits or something with the vinyl case which I prefer.

I really feel for you guys waiting on the snap case though. NG DEV really should just end this now by giving a partial refund and send out the insert. They are probably doing more damage to their rep by holding out now rather than just providing some kind of solution.

Last edited:

Stellaking

Witchsmeller Pursuivant
Just caught the latest news.

[NGDEV] Newsletter Q3/2013

Dear customers,

we got a lot request recently about our yet to be delivered products.

Here is an overview:

*** NEO XYX / NEO Zaikuso MVS ***

There was radio silence about this for a long time, sorry for that. We should have done a newsletter earlier. But we worked hard on the game in the meantime. Besides heavily working on the game play aspects, we also used the last 4 month to double the amount of graphic details in the game. Like a real NEOGEO game deserves everything that moves is now fully animated.
We raised the MEGS count from initial 202 to 264 MEGS. The current version is way way better then what we showed in the last trailer.

The graphic artist is currently designing a 16 bit style short but sweet intro.
After this intro is finished we go into final beta testing and then in production. Production takes around 14 days.
The PCBs and shockboxes are already on stock, the wood shells will arrive within the next 7 days. Most of the printing material is already finished too.

We will be able to announce the release date in October and show a new trailer.

*** NEO XYX Dreamcast ***

As usual we will start porting after we shipped the MVS version to make sure the DC version gets the latest updates. As we are highly experience with porting it will be relative fast done.
The goal is here to ship in December.

*** Gunlord NEO GEO AES ***

Our source for the snapcases is confident to have them in latest 4 weeks. According to him they are still hold in Canadian customs (production was done in overseas) but the deal to get them is closed soon.

We will then ship them ASAP with inserts to you.

*** Fast Striker NEO GEO AES ***

Production for Fast Striker AES starts as soon as we have confirmation of the snapcases.
It takes 6 weeks to ship the first carts then.

*** Reprints MVS ***

Shipping of all reprints is done after Fast Striker AES was shipped.
Our goal is to wrap this all up in 2013.

*** The future ***

We will try to handle these things better in the future and start pre orders more close to the shipping date.
There will be always cases where this does not work though. If we have an idea to improve the game vastly late in development we will pursue it. Like we did with NEO XYX. The quality of the final product is more important to us than early shipping.
Big companies can solve these situations by throwing money at it, but we can't. We throw time at it

Best regards,
NG : DEV . TEAM

Slugger

Marked Wolf
So production of AES Fast Striker and all the MVS reprints now depends when do they get the snapcases. Nice...

Last edited:

Capt. Lurker

With all the replies in this thread, I knew I wasn't the only one with blood boiling over this crock of shit. Even more so the latest BS story that the seller of cases is confident and they are still in Canadian customs? BULLLLLSHITTT!!

Our source for the snapcases is confident to have them in latest 4 weeks. According to him they are still hold in Canadian customs (production was done in overseas) but the deal to get them is closed soon. We will then ship them ASAP with inserts to you.

Translated with Goolge: We have no idea when we’re really going to “physically” have them, hold them, or even better yet even see them. And we might have them before summer 2015 as they will still be in Canadian Customs. We think.

Nonsense, you’ve been saying this, and he’s been playing this game for a year now. WAKE UP!!!

I’m fondly reminded of the movie, The Money Pit with Tom Hanks
“When will the house be ready?”
“Two weeks!”
“Two weeks!”

Right….
Look NG.dev (and I know you're reading these forums simply because of that lame posted update), DG is a damn fraud, wake up already!!
Do yourself/business and every buyer of an AES Gunlord and Fast Striker a huge damn favor and good will gesture, pull your head from that hopeful-DG is going to deliver-BS cloud and... Give everyone a $100 refund, period!!

No and’s, if's, or but's. Take the small loss now, or lose a lot later. You’ve already seen that buyers/supporters are extremely cautions or hesitant to support future business with you, and for damn good reason.

$100, simple as that, and this should cover the cost of buying a snap case related game with shipping to their location.
Then get Fast Striker out the door in the same manner you did Gunlord, and send inserts for both games. We're tired of fucking waiting, 1+ year, 2+ years... seriously!?

That is absolutely unacceptable business behavior and it’s absurd to think people should just wait around for years even though there is a reasonable solution!!

For crying out loud, some of us already have empty snap cases waiting for an insert and you won't even deliver inserts. That's plain stupid! Snap case owners will gladly take our games and inserts now, and when the snap cases come in that you're so hopeful DG will deliver (and he won’t), then you can send the snap cases later. What’s the difference?
Simple solution as that.

Why must loyal paying customers/supporters/investors find your solutions?

Wake up, make it happen NG.dev, and get it done already!!

Last edited:

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
They don´t keep a container full of anything held in customs for months and months. not for free. If they still had them held, that would have cost some serious money to still hold them and not do what customs usually do when customs aren´t paid: destroy them.

By now the charge for customs holding the snapcases would have become much more expensive than the initial customs charge amount they were asking.

The situation is nonsensical and therefore it can only be concluded that it´s a lie that they´re held by customs. And a very fat, bold and rude one at that.

Last edited:

Stellaking

Witchsmeller Pursuivant
Haven't suffered any great length of time nor pre-ordered anything expensive - a couple of the NEO XYX DC variations (one being a competition prize so it's good to see an update I can forward the winner).

Can personally only comment on said NEO XYX so this is probably the wrong post to reply in - understandable that in wanting to offer customers their best possible products, NGTD pour time into improving content / be at the discretion of outsourcing & etc).

So in that respect - great to hear more news, good stuff & looking forward to the game.

Regarding a certain 'gentleman' of questionable nature - I've only briefly caught some the 'DG' shenanigans & not being involved in waiting aeons for AES / MVS pre-orders, it's not my place to comment - suffice to say I hope NGDT haven't been caught between a rock & a hard place.

I've got a lot of love for NGDT, I'm convinced their heart is in the right place & they work damn hard behind the scenes, but not every dev team can get away with being akin to R*

Better to update often than suffer the ire of a loyal user base. I guess if you leave folks in the dark long enough be sure to keep a hold of their hand.

I'm not sure what NGDT's customer service is like of late. Maybe it could benefit with more folks on board to field questions & handle press / media - maybe needs looking into (with a dedicated position in mind) I don't know.

Unrelated tangent, from what I do remember, Chris @ Hucast was / is fucking brilliant - maybe they could steal him.

NGDT *** The future ***
Much rather NGDT be around for the foreseeable than ever think fuck it, why bother (which I doubt would ever happen).

Last edited:

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Well, for me the wait time for the gunlord MVS reprint became too long so I actually bought a used copy from this forum...

The only reason I didn´t cancel my preorder then is because I want to support them and not punish them for me finding a used copy. (which I can probably resell anyways if and when I actually end up with two copies)
Also, it wouldn´t make sense to offer them money with one hand by pledging to their indiegogo campaign and take money away with other hand by cancelling preorders.

Still... I´m far from satisfied by how they´ve handled things so far and I´m not even one of the waiters for AES games :)

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Even fkn Tommo *spits* came up with a bunch of snap cases for their mega pack thing, NGDT ought to send them a mail and ask where they got them... Canada maybe? ;)

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Indiegogo is a no go go

This campaign did not meet its 40.000€ funding goal by the deadline. Funding duration: September 03, 2013 - September 25, 2013 (11:59pm PT).

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
*** Reprints MVS ***

Shipping of all reprints is done after Fast Striker AES was shipped.
Our goal is to wrap this all up in 2013.

what the fuck is this shit?

Capt. Lurker

what the fuck is this shit?

That's a polite and fancy way of saying, they don't have everything together to deliver the goods you've paid for, and that you're going to be waiting way past the year 2013, if you're lucky. :rolleyes:

Punisher5.0

Cheng's Errand Boy
With all the replies in this thread, I knew I wasn't the only one with blood boiling over this crock of shit. Even more so the latest BS story that the seller of cases is confident and they are still in Canadian customs? BULLLLLSHITTT!!

Translated with Goolge: We have no idea when we’re really going to “physically” have them, hold them, or even better yet even see them. And we might have them before summer 2015 as they will still be in Canadian Customs. We think.

Nonsense, you’ve been saying this, and he’s been playing this game for a year now. WAKE UP!!!

I’m fondly reminded of the movie, The Money Pit with Tom Hanks
“When will the house be ready?”
“Two weeks!”
“Two weeks!”

Right….
Look NG.dev (and I know you're reading these forums simply because of that lame posted update), DG is a damn fraud, wake up already!!
Do yourself/business and every buyer of an AES Gunlord and Fast Striker a huge damn favor and good will gesture, pull your head from that hopeful-DG is going to deliver-BS cloud and... Give everyone a $100 refund, period!!

No and’s, if's, or but's. Take the small loss now, or lose a lot later. You’ve already seen that buyers/supporters are extremely cautions or hesitant to support future business with you, and for damn good reason.

$100, simple as that, and this should cover the cost of buying a snap case related game with shipping to their location.
Then get Fast Striker out the door in the same manner you did Gunlord, and send inserts for both games. We're tired of fucking waiting, 1+ year, 2+ years... seriously!?

That is absolutely unacceptable business behavior and it’s absurd to think people should just wait around for years even though there is a reasonable solution!!

For crying out loud, some of us already have empty snap cases waiting for an insert and you won't even deliver inserts. That's plain stupid! Snap case owners will gladly take our games and inserts now, and when the snap cases come in that you're so hopeful DG will deliver (and he won’t), then you can send the snap cases later. What’s the difference?
Simple solution as that.

Why must loyal paying customers/supporters/investors find your solutions?

Wake up, make it happen NG.dev, and get it done already!!

While I can understand why your so upset ( I've been waiting for AES Fast Striker myself) , there is a good chance that DG will deliver on the cases. It took forever but he did come through on the shells.

The delay problems isn't just limited to NG: Dev though. I'm still waiting for my Pandora after 5 damn years. Also, look at the delay that Sturmwind had. All three are European companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.