Guns and the Gabrielle Giffords shooting.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Remeber that Columbine was a planned bombing...

Had multiple bombs not failed, there would have been at least 100 deaths.

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
Yeah, that's the exact kind of simplistic, substanceless thinking I'd expect you to find clever.

If you don't think a gun makes a nut more dangerous than he would be with, say, a knife, or being forced to wait for opportunities to push people out of windows one at a time, then you are completely beyond help.

You could say, "Well a nut with a car is also potentially very dangerous," and this is true. In fact, if you wanted to take out a mass amount of people in a mindless rampage, a car is a good way to go. But a nut with a car and a gun is even more dangerous. A nut with a car and a samurai sword and a gun is more dangerous than a nut with just the car and sword. A nut with a car, a samurai sword two dobermans trained to eat babies and a gun is more dangerous than a nut with a car, a samurai sword two dobermans trained to eat babies without the gun. Whatever the danger level of a particular nut, a gun will add to that danger level 100% of the time. Fucking duh.

Hey, you can set up a strawman ...and you can knock him down. AMAZING!

Unfortunately, the world isn't as simple or as nice as you seem to think it is: A nut with who uses a car as a weapon is just as dangerous as a nut who uses a gun as a weapon. Let's ban cars!

I was going to post something about posting and troll thread, but the convo at least went beyond the bad OP post.

In my defense: I was drunk.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
There's really no reason Americans need guns any more than any other first world nation.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
There's really no reason Americans need guns any more than any other first world nation.

Are you implying third world nations need firearms?

What is your point?

There are plenty of things I don't need.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member

There isn't when you don't follow the news too closely.
Or if you live in a safe neighborhood.
Or if you don't know anything about guns.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
There isn't when you don't follow the news too closely.
Or if you live in a safe neighborhood.
Or if you don't know anything about guns.

I just got a new holster and gunbelt for my Glock today.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Are you implying third world nations need firearms?

What is your point?

There are plenty of things I don't need.
Just looking at comparables. Not even Australia approaches our firearm ownership. Third world nations tend to be less legally organized.

The point is, for some reason we think it's gonna work to do everything our own way (2nd amendment, healthcare). That naivety is called "American exceptionalism."

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Hey, you can set up a strawman ...and you can knock him down. AMAZING!
You have by far the best English out of any person I honestly don't believe knows how to read. Either that, or you have such a short attention span that you never go beyond skimming anything. You must be a nightmare to try and hold a conversation with. You get about a half sentence in, then say fuck it and start putting together your grammatically well-constructed but completely ignorant response.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Just looking at comparables. Not even Australia approaches our firearm ownership. Third world nations tend to be less legally organized.

The point is, for some reason we think it's gonna work to do everything our own way (2nd amendment, gun ownership). That naivety is called "American exceptionalism."

It seems to be working pretty well.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Norton is spot on about the bombing issue. Remember the last time there was a major bombing in the US? Yeah.

Even prior to Oklahoma City the most notorious bomber in the US, Ted Kaczynski, was just making pipe bombs.

What about the second Bush Administration?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I feel like I should buy a 1919A4 just to annoy Neo Alec.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Blackhawk Serpa CQC :loco:

It's a lot better than the cheapo holster I have for it and I like their little retention/release button thing.

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
Blackhawk Serpa CQC :loco:

It's a lot better than the cheapo holster I have for it and I like their little retention/release button thing.

Gonna go with Safariland this next time.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The most important part of firearm ownership is safety.

By the way, that handgun was not "automatic" - automatic weapons are heavily regulated under US law.

It was a semi-automatic weapon.

The media often gets their terminology wrong. But we already knew that.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
i like that even when Neo Alec is saying things i agree with he still manages to make me dislike him intensely

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
"A 17-year-old boy arrested after a handgun in his backpack accidentally discharged and wounded two other high students Tuesday was able to bring his automatic pistol on campus apparently because the Los Angeles school does only random metal detector checks, police said."

love the phrasing here, HIS automatic pistol, as if a 17 year-old CA kid is somehow legally able to own his own pistol.