Secret Santa Veteran
Old Sonic is still the bomb.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Genesis-era Sonic got me into gaming.

<3 u, Sega

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
Old Sonics are still some of my favourite games, but the new shitty Sonics have taken some luster off the series. Overall though, there are a good amount of Sonic games, some overlooked ones on the handhelds too. Wasn't SEGA gonna have some sort of special announcement?

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
So is sonic for hire still :rolleyes: Sega has pimped out sonic so much he's become a worn out whore.Still my favorite era of sonic is the genesis ones.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
So is sonic for hire still :rolleyes: Sega has pimped out sonic so much he's become a worn out whore.Still my favorite era of sonic is the genesis ones.

Sonic could easily shit a grapefruit at this point, but he was badass back in the day. :lolz:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Sonic 2 was one of the first games I remember playing. I have a clear memory of beating Robotnik in Emerald Hill Zone, and thinking the game was over...only for the second level to begin, and I was so blown away I didn't move Sonic at all, I was just taking in all the sights and listening to the music. Wow to be so young and naive again. Now I'm just old and stupid.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
I mean Sonic 2 definitely amped it up from Sonic 1, but I gotta give it to S3&K. Amazing music, huge levels, technical wonder for the hardware and IMO just as fun to play. Could take or leave the elemental shields though.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i've always been a sonic guy. even prefer the old sonic games to the old mario games. i'm also a huge fan of the sonic adventure games and even sonic r. always loved the 90's metropolitan feel the sonic games had. but yeah, i highly doubt anything could revive sonic after the shit he has gone through.

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I like most Sonic games. The exceptions:
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sonic '06 (not even a mother could love this piece of shit)
Sonic Drift 1
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric

Stuff like Sonic Heroes, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic and the Black Knight, Sonic Unleashed, the Sonic Riders games, the Sonic Rivals games, Sonic 4, etc get a bad rap. All have their flaws but I still like them.

And stuff like Sonic Colors, Sonic Generations, Sonic Rush series, Sonic All Stars Racing, and Sonic Lost World actually got a well deserved good reception.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
hqdefault.jpg

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I'm a sonic guy as well. It was the first game I played on the Genny. I remember beating the first one like 30 times. Sonic Cd is still my favorite out of all of them.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Sonic could easily shit a grapefruit at this point, but he was badass back in the day. :lolz:
Explains why sonic is on a diet of prune juice now :lolz: Kind of sad since sonic is one that makes profit for sega.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
Sonic stopped being fun after Sonic Adventure 2.

+1

I'm a sonic guy as well. It was the first game I played on the Genny. I remember beating the first one like 30 times. Sonic Cd is still my favorite out of all of them.

i like sonic cd, but it's my least favourite out of the 16bit sonic games, because i find the level design to be out of place. the levels don't feel like they were designed with sonic in mind. there's just too much platforming and not enough running like in the main series. but still a top notch game.

-SD-

Camel Slug
I've never been the biggest fan of the games themselves, but as a character Sonic is a lot cooler than Mario. As far as the games go I've always preferred the Master System/Game Gear ones over the Megadrive.

Did anyone else get Sonic the Comic that ran here in the UK during the '90s?

Ip Man

15 Year Member
I've never been the biggest fan of the games themselves, but as a character Sonic is a lot cooler than Mario. As far as the games go I've always preferred the Master System/Game Gear ones over the Megadrive.

Did anyone else get Sonic the Comic that ran here in the UK during the '90s?

yes!. the sonic comics were fun. but they are actual american comics are still being sold here in the uk.you could get them in any comic book store.

Sonic spin ball for the win

love me some sonic spinball. game is soo unique.

xorthen

Banned
Sonic is still a thing? Holy shit, I must have missed out on a lot since Sonic 2.