Horrendous control systems

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
Haha, just busting your chops. Although they say everyone's got at least a little bit of queer in them.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
There are no relevant stats because electric cars are still too rare to draw any conclusions that way.
Rare? There are literally millions of them.

You used Range Rover as an example earlier. They announced they will only build electric cars from 2025, less than four years away.

In 10 years time every single one of us here will be driving an electric car.

Ok maybe not fami.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
My favorite three fighters (Asura Buster, Real Bout 2, and Breaker’s Revenge) are less than 6 buttons. My fourth favorite fighter uses *no* buttons (Karate Champ).

I can’t co-sign any of the OP.

4/10

Would read more, to find out who Zeta works for.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member

You used Range Rover as an example earlier. They announced they will only build electric cars from 2025, less than four years away.

Ok maybe not fami.

How do you know this? You don't. You aren't even speaking from knowledge of the industry, not even slightly. You are riding the media hype train. You're repeating platitudes, the "all we have to do is invest" dogma. Once you hit the limits of physics you can invest forever, you get nothing for it. You simply have a BELIEF that all cars will be electric in ten years (and that all old ones will be confiscated, I guess?), its your ass talking.

I only work on prototypes. Everything I touch is unreleased to the public. I see things YEARS before anyone else, and what am I working on? Gas cars. Oh yeah, there is some electric stuff for sure, I've messed with the Bolt, the Model X, the Model 3, the electric Fit, and various battery powered mules based on existing models but almost every single thing I touch now is still gas or diesel meaning that is the bulk of the near future. Ford will be using the same diesel V8 in 10 years that they started using 10 years ago. The cheapest electric cars are twice the price of an entry level machine and can't match the range, furthermore there quite likely isn't even enough battery material in the world to even make the electric cars Europe wants.

Personally, I can't afford a Range Rover, electric or otherwise. They are for rich people who throw away their car every three years. They are claiming they will go all electric because laws in many of their key markets basically require it. They have no choice. There was a time when those same markets highly incentivized diesel, now they ban it. Rules can change, and they do. Physics doesn't, but this is how Capitalism solves things, with more consumption, even when the problem to begin with was consumption. "Give me a more efficient car!", they whine...while doing 95mph, nudging at stop lights, accelerating like a cop and every other thing they can do to undue all the efficiency built into the car.

When the electric Corolla exists, can be driven between two major cities without going through an hour's long recharge cycle, when its cheap, when it doesn't explode, when you can buy a used one for $2400 and its ready to go through two semesters of college, then electric cars will have arrived. People who drive $100,000 SUVs are not an indicator of how most people get around and corporate pledges mean nothing, especially environmental ones.

I plan on driving my 2013 Fit until its rusted completely though, which will be a while because it runs and looks brand new still. It will outlast every Chevy Bolt ever built, easily, probably by the end of this year, and most of the Volts. When you're on your third "green" car in a row I'll be actually saving energy by not needing trillion dollar development programs one after another. (Developing cars produces CO2 as well).

Everyone should really look into the fraud that was E85 and see the electric parallels. There have to be some great videos on it.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member

Hahahaha! Yeah, I forgot about Korean shit. Don't ever buy Korean shit, and absolutely do not buy one of their electric cars or anything high tech. If real companies (Merc, GM, Ford, Toyota) normalize the electric car, then maybe try the them. Overall its best to just forget Kia and Hyundai exist.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Only electric I’m super keen to drive, is an F1 of any stripe-that has KERS onboard.

Hydrogen vehicles pique my interest. Wasn’t Toyota planning big on them awhile back? Surely, we’ve solved the Hindenburg conundrum by now.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
How do you know this? You don't. You aren't even speaking from knowledge of the industry, not even slightly. You are riding the media hype train. You're repeating platitudes, the "all we have to do is invest" dogma. Once you hit the limits of physics you can invest forever, you get nothing for it. You simply have a BELIEF that all cars will be electric in ten years (and that all old ones will be confiscated, I guess?), its your ass talking.

I only work on prototypes. Everything I touch is unreleased to the public. I see things YEARS before anyone else, and what am I working on? Gas cars. Oh yeah, there is some electric stuff for sure, I've messed with the Bolt, the Model X, the Model 3, the electric Fit, and various battery powered mules based on existing models but almost every single thing I touch now is still gas or diesel meaning that is the bulk of the near future. Ford will be using the same diesel V8 in 10 years that they started using 10 years ago. The cheapest electric cars are twice the price of an entry level machine and can't match the range, furthermore there quite likely isn't even enough battery material in the world to even make the electric cars Europe wants.

Personally, I can't afford a Range Rover, electric or otherwise. They are for rich people who throw away their car every three years. They are claiming they will go all electric because laws in many of their key markets basically require it. They have no choice. There was a time when those same markets highly incentivized diesel, now they ban it. Rules can change, and they do. Physics doesn't, but this is how Capitalism solves things, with more consumption, even when the problem to begin with was consumption. "Give me a more efficient car!", they whine...while doing 95mph, nudging at stop lights, accelerating like a cop and every other thing they can do to undue all the efficiency built into the car.

When the electric Corolla exists, can be driven between two major cities without going through an hour's long recharge cycle, when its cheap, when it doesn't explode, when you can buy a used one for $2400 and its ready to go through two semesters of college, then electric cars will have arrived. People who drive $100,000 SUVs are not an indicator of how most people get around and corporate pledges mean nothing, especially environmental ones.

I plan on driving my 2013 Fit until its rusted completely though, which will be a while because it runs and looks brand new still. It will outlast every Chevy Bolt ever built, easily, probably by the end of this year, and most of the Volts. When you're on your third "green" car in a row I'll be actually saving energy by not needing trillion dollar development programs one after another. (Developing cars produces CO2 as well).

Everyone should really look into the fraud that was E85 and see the electric parallels. There have to be some great videos on it.
Your entry level 'industry knowledge' argument is painful. The idea that I wouldn't be able to spend five minutes on google to find someone with 'industry knowledge' who directly contradicts you is laughable.

It's a shame both of us likely won't be here in 10 years because this would be a fun follow up.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
First post in the thread is about how EV's "are sort of boring to drive".

Completes it with an ode to his 2013 Nissan Fit.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I see things...
I see things YEARS before anyone else,” Zeta says. “Gas cars on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched Bolts, exes and threes, glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those prototypes will be lost in time, like my 2013 Fit in rust... etc. etc. I liked that dramatic touch in your post, BillyJoelZeta. Carry on.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Your entry level 'industry knowledge' argument is painful. The idea that I wouldn't be able to spend five minutes on google to find someone with 'industry knowledge' who directly contradicts you is laughable.

It's a shame both of us likely won't be here in 10 years because this would be a fun follow up.

I have 15 years in auto testing and development and that was after being a master mechanic for years. You are an ignorant automotive noob talking out of your ass. After you finish blabbing here about what you think you know, me and a million other people will actually be DOING it. There is no comparison. You’re only in this to win an argument. It’s just words to you, the intrinsic science not even on your radar.

If you only have a Google level understanding of anything then you’re likely to believe that there is no level of understanding greater than that and since it took no work for you to learn things that way you have no respect for anyone else’s learning. People who do shit know about that shit.

Meanwhile you seem to know nothing about auto engineering. Your contept for expertise is Trumpian. What do you do for a living that makes you know so much more than people who spend their lives working on it? Advertising? Marketing? Finance? Hospitality? There a many many people who know more about the auto industry than I do, especially from a trends perspective…but you ain’t one of them!

Regardless, you wouldn’t have any issue finding electric car skepticism in a industry publications. You won’t have any trouble finding it anywhere unless you’ve already bought into an ideology that has you ignoring such coverage. Try Googling it, since that’s the ultimate path to learning in your opinion.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Only electric I’m super keen to drive, is an F1 of any stripe-that has KERS onboard.

Hydrogen vehicles pique my interest. Wasn’t Toyota planning big on them awhile back? Surely, we’ve solved the Hindenburg conundrum by now.

My God, children…

Hydogen power for cars is a chemical process used to fuel the car. It consumes the hydrogen to move forward.

Nazi era Zeppelins were powered by diesel. They were held floating in the air by hydrogen because hydrogen is lighter than air. They do not consume hydrogen to move forward. They only consume it when they explode.

THERE IS NO RELATIONSHIP AT ALL between the two.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I see things YEARS before anyone else,” Zeta says. “Gas cars on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched Bolts, exes and threes, glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those prototypes will be lost in time, like my 2013 Fit in rust... etc. etc. I liked that dramatic touch in your post, BillyJoelZeta. Carry on.

It takes six years to make a car, four if you’re using a pre-existing powertrain. So by the time you learn about the new Canyonero a large and expanding team of people have already been looking at the drawings for four to six years. The instant the press release happens, millions of punters will have an opinion but one group of people already knows everything about it.

So that means that if electronic cars will have sustained double digit penetration the cars needed to do that would be in development already. It means that for all cars to be electric in ten years then all cars in development would have to be electric in 4-6 years and a very large part of it right now.

I see a loooooot of development work for gas and diesel right now and a lot of hopes and dreams for electric. I work on electric cars but by no means is it a majority or even close. When electric car development is %100 of everything being done…then at that point you’re 4-6 years away.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If I were to get an electric and charge it at home, it would be a hydro car.

Some 90% of my lectric comes from hydro.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member

I have 15 years in auto testing and development and that was after being a master mechanic for years. You are an ignorant automotive noob talking out of your ass. After you finish blabbing here about what you think you know, me and a million other people will actually be DOING it. There is no comparison. You’re only in this to win an argument. It’s just words to you, the intrinsic science not even on your radar.

If you only have a Google level understanding of anything then you’re likely to believe that there is no level of understanding greater than that and since it took no work for you to learn things that way you have no respect for anyone else’s learning. People who do shit know about that shit.

Meanwhile you seem to know nothing about auto engineering. Your contept for expertise is Trumpian. What do you do for a living that makes you know so much more than people who spend their lives working on it? Advertising? Marketing? Finance? Hospitality? There a many many people who know more about the auto industry than I do, especially from a trends perspective…but you ain’t one of them!

Regardless, you wouldn’t have any issue finding electric car skepticism in a industry publications. You won’t have any trouble finding it anywhere unless you’ve already bought into an ideology that has you ignoring such coverage. Try Googling it, since that’s the ultimate path to learning in your opinion.
My God, children…

Hydogen power for cars is a chemical process used to fuel the car. It consumes the hydrogen to move forward.

Nazi era Zeppelins were powered by diesel. They were held floating in the air by hydrogen because hydrogen is lighter than air. They do not consume hydrogen to move forward. They only consume it when they explode.

THERE IS NO RELATIONSHIP AT ALL between the two.
It takes six years to make a car, four if you’re using a pre-existing powertrain. So by the time you learn about the new Canyonero a large and expanding team of people have already been looking at the drawings for four to six years. The instant the press release happens, millions of punters will have an opinion but one group of people already knows everything about it.

So that means that if electronic cars will have sustained double digit penetration the cars needed to do that would be in development already. It means that for all cars to be electric in ten years then all cars in development would have to be electric in 4-6 years and a very large part of it right now.

I see a loooooot of development work for gas and diesel right now and a lot of hopes and dreams for electric. I work on electric cars but by no means is it a majority or even close. When electric car development is %100 of everything being done…then at that point you’re 4-6 years away.
1633442547036.png

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member

My favorite three fighters (Asura Buster, Real Bout 2, and Breaker’s Revenge) are less than 6 buttons. My fourth favorite fighter uses *no* buttons (Karate Champ).

I can’t co-sign any of the OP.

4/10

Would read more, to find out who Zeta works for.

as I said before, this thread only served to prove wyo is a ghey and Zeta is a boomer at heart (for the nth time)

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,

Ok maybe not fami.
The diving distances in the UK are FAR shorter than in the US so it's not nearly as hard to have an EV there. And just because companies selling cars in the UK might not be making anything other than EV's in 10 years or so doesn't mean that all the other gas/diesel based vehicles that are already on the road will be magically gone.

Sure, for most stuff I could get by with something electric. But i've made many a drive doing 800-1,200 miles or so in a day. That's not happening with an EV. Someday I'd imagine tech will be far enough along for EV to take over in the US. But that's a while off.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
need lots of bullet trains.

Drive to the station, plug in your car. Get on a bullet train and get off 600 miles later. Swipe a card to rent a fully electric vehicle there.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
need lots of bullet trains.

Drive to the station, plug in your car. Get on a bullet train and get off 600 miles later. Swipe a card to rent a fully electric vehicle there.
I agree. But unless the govt intervenes and subsidizes costs, expands, and increases the number of high speed trains running, our trains will continue to be the biggest joke of the first world nations. It’s bad enough we don’t have a top bullet train. Just shitty pathetic Acela. The Andrew Yang of trains.