How far are you from completing YOUR collection?

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98
As other members have mentioned, I am not going for a full AES collection either.

I am still trying to track down:

Aero Fighters 2
KOF 96
Ninja Masters
Metal Slug 3
Spin Master

Once I have those, I might consider my collection complete. :make_fac:

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I don't have a set limit. I certainly still have some MVS games I want to track down. I have about 20 right now. But I've never been one who collects games I have no intention of playing. So, basically, I just check the sales threads and eBay every now and again and if I see something I want for a good price, I buy it.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Since I just got the snap case version of Sonic on NGPC, that collection is done. I may track down some more snap case versions of my favorites, but otherwise I'm set.
Neo CD I'm pretty much done as well unless I happen to find a deal on NTM or maybe any of the other games that have an arranged ST on the CD.
MVS there are still a few titles I wouldn't mind picking up, NITD and Strikers 1945 are a couple off the top of my head. Maybe Cyber Lip, Sengoku 2/3 and Robo Army as well.

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
If I don't get a PCE Duo R I might consider rebuilding my Neo CD and Pocket color collection. I'm not really sure though because I have dreamcast and saturn games i need to get.

Last edited:

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
i'm close to getting what i want. the only aes titles i really need are
super sidekicks 1
super sidekicks 3
real bout 2
samurai shodown 5
last blade 2
kof 2003
art of fighting 3

if i can get these, i'll be good on aes.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I'm satisfied with the 20 or so MVS carts that I have. No more is needed for my requirements.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I have all the original carts I want now, except for Pulstar and Cyber-lip. Pulstar is on the 161, so no biggie, but cyber-lip is not :(

RetroTechRewind

Crazed MVS Addict
I've been growing my MVS collection pretty steadily over the last few months. I'd say I only have ~8-10 games that I'd like to get. I already have my "grails" so to speak (Last Resort, Pulstar and Blazing Star), as well as some of the games I paid a pretty big chunk for. I don't really regret it though, because all of the games I've bought, I genuinely enjoy and play regularly. Shooters have always been my favorite, and probably will be. The Neo has a really solid number of great shooters, so I've tried to buy all the ones I really like. Problem is, like others have said, they're all usually really good. I have a 161-in-1 cart, but I much prefer the original cart over a multi. Plus, I can save my high scores etc since multi's like to reset the backup ram every time :(

I'd say the carts i'm looking for still are;
Alpha Mission 2
MOTW
Ghost Pilots
Robo Army
Strikers 1945 +
SVC Chaos
Shock Troopers
Shock Troopers 2nd Squad

Other than those, I have all the games I want and actually play. I've got about 50 carts so far, so I'm pretty close to being "done". After those, There's nothing really else that I can honestly say I'd consistently play.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Im pretty satisfied with my collection, at least AES wise. I have 21 AES games and I have a good variety and some of the better fighting games, the only one i really desire at this point would be a garou Jpn. I can live without the majority of the fighting games on the Neo geo, how many 2-d fighters does one man need after all?

- I would like to find a way to play metal slug so gettin a good cmvs or magic key could be worth while. Id love ms3 on AES but its out of reach , too expensive and the Cnd dollar is way too shitty these days.

Last edited:

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
I'm pretty much done. Might try to hunt up a copy of Turf Masters for my Pocket, but that's about it. Granted, I would LOVE to have a Mutation Nation homecart, but I've got the MVS cart and a converter, so... yeah. Got everything else I know I'll keep playing. No need to bother with other titles.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Do it, NTM NGPC is awesome and sometimes more awesome than NTM, just 'cause of the B view of the hole in play and the yardage measurements at all times, NTM requires more concentration than NGPC NTM.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Luckily i'm not a completionist. So I probably have a dozen MVS carts to get my list back to where I want it. Then i'm done.

AES? Damn you random local store. I had zero plans to get into the home carts. But since I have a few now, i'll probably pick up a couple of the early carts and call it a day. Especially since ML is cheaper now on AES. Weird.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Nam looks like it's pulling a Mag Lord these days, getting pricier on MVS vs. AES. What's the deal with those early release games getting pricy on mvs?

Back to OPs question, I'll never be "done". Would love to get a full set MVS (is that stupid?), and even after that there'll always be console games to grab. That being said, I'm consciously upping my play time to try to get through all this stuff.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Not sure if that's referencing me or not, but I've had the NAM MVS cart for years now. Hasn't left me. Even when I sold most of my other games years ago :)

Oh, I didn't know you had it on MVS, I know it's cheaper on AES so I was just suggesting, cool though, we're all born to die!

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Oh, I didn't know you had it on MVS, I know it's cheaper on AES so I was just suggesting, cool though, we're all born to die!

hahah... actually i'll probably still buy the AES version if I see if for a deal. Just love that game.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yes, that game is just raw, perfect in itself, so many awesome moments with that game...memories...

Kef9

Crossed Swords Squire
I've finished my aes set which has cost me more than enough over the years! Its funny that the only games I'm missing are art of fighting and Fatal Fury on the mvs which are as cheap as they come. I don't know why but I just have not been able to get hold of them. Maybe magician lord as well on either mvs or Japanese aes as I don't like the english spine.

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
on aes done. and lets be honest: 70% of the games on neo geo are mediocre plus f.e. when you have kof98, you dont need much more kofs.
and if you a really into collecting overpriced stuff you should go for watches, cars, boats, countries. imho...

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'll give you 40% and that's stretching it. 70% is way too much and it sounds extremely ignorant. Fucking noob trying too hard, lol.