How far are you from completing YOUR collection?

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
My MVS collection is more or less complete to the point that I have all the games I enjoy playing (all the shmups, 95% of the puzzle games, and most of the run&gun games and platformers, and few random others like Waku Waku 7 and Neo Turf Masters). Anything else, my current multi-cart or emulators get me by.

I am holding out hope that someone is able to work some magic and get chiptune music tracks added into Zintrick. Would love to have a complete MVS cart of it for my cab.

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
This collecting thing is like your favorite Topps chewing gum, you could chaw on it forever or just spit it out and call it a day. So there is no definitive answer, if you don't know it yourself. I don't restrict myself on that score.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
on aes done. and lets be honest: 70% of the games on neo geo are mediocre plus f.e. when you have kof98, you dont need much more kofs.
and if you a really into collecting overpriced stuff you should go for watches, cars, boats, countries. imho...

Theres very few "bad" games on the neo, some havent aged as well as others, and some are blatant rip offs of better titles, but they all have a certain charm to them and are fun to play. I have yet to play legend of legend of success joe though.

Pretty much every game that came out after 94 is gold.

JLZ

Rugal's Thug
I stopped buying AES games years ago, but always regretted not getting KOF 2003 to finish the set. Very unlikely I'll ever get it now.

MVS on the other hand, I'd love to get Prehistoric Isle, Ironclad & Viewpoint.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
I pretty much got all the MVS carts I desire, now I need to wait and find a good candy cab or big red and a 4 slot to join the big tymers club.
I wanted to go for a fullset when I started but realized half way that its retarded to own games you don`t play. I shrunk my collection from 63 carts down to 24 and will probably shrink it down even more further down the line. My goal is to have two 4slot cabs with one dedicated to fighters and the other for TSS, MPE, MSX and Viewpoint.

Also don`t believe the hype SSVS ain`t worth it. I dropped $400 on that a few years ago and felt jipped. I let it go and got a multi cart instead and I am quite satisfied with the multi cart. You prolly won`t even play it all that much since most of the older entries are superior.

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
completing a NeoGeo AES Collection ?

I remember one of my favourite songs in primary school:

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I have hit 65 MVS titles over the last few weeks so I'm closing in on half way. I probably wont bother with the mahjong and quiz titles though which will knock off a few. I have managed to square away some of the more expensive games, although carts like SSVS, TSS still await. The annoying part is that I had to sell my TSS due to me going through a difficult period early last year. Luckily I did not get rid of everything and managed to keep quite a few of the more common titles and one or two rarer ones. Hopefully I will manage to acquire it again in the future.

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
Does this mean you actually saw one recently?

Last one I saw was $6800 at Tokyo Toy Factory. Fuq dat. For all I know, it could've been a fake.

Oh...you're gonna miss out on that smell...the horror...

No biggie. Some grass from the backyard on my MVS will give me the "authentic turf experience" in the meantime. Lol

I'll give you 40% and that's stretching it. 70% is way too much and it sounds extremely ignorant. Fucking noob trying too hard, lol.

40% sounds about right. Some games have aged horribly and not worth owning at all.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I don't collect. I pick up games I read about/tried when I see them at a good price. When I'm sure I won't play a game again, I sell it. So I just keep the ones that will have me come back. For the rest there's emulation.

Also, I would wonder how that magic key works if you have a universe bios installed? Because it has one built in.
AFAIK there's a switch on the converter to bypass it.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Plenty of games I'd like to add, but I'm in no rush. I have plenty that I still enjoy playing, so I'll just pick up the odd bits as I see them.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I'm started out by filling the holes from the 161-in-1 cart, but really, there's only about 5 MVS carts I want left.

Hubes22

New Challenger
Still have a ways to go on my AES collection. I’ve purchased a handful of games lately to increase my English collection to around 55 games. Finishing up a couple more purchases in the next week and then it’s time for a break. Need endless amounts of cash. AES collecting is a long road.....

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I don't have a big collection but I only need to get about 5 more games to complete the collection of fighting games I actually like and play. Any games I buy after that are just for the hell of it or for my gf.

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I said to myself when I got my CMVS 18 months ago (yes I'm a noob but always been a Neo fan) I would only get around a dozen or so legit MVS carts to accompany the 120in1 multi. I'm only half way there as I have been focusing on other systems and only pick up retro games every couple of months or so. I'm happy I finally have a nice condition WindJammers and Blazing Star and will try and go for a Garou MOTW or Shock Troopers next.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Done with officially released MVS titles. However, much like the zombies wandering around the mall in Dawn of the Dead, I continue to look for a few more items...

Redguard

New Challenger
I'm done with collecting official MVS games. My last MVS game will be Gunlord. For the Neo CD maybe Viewpoint and Windjammers and that's it. My AES collection has mostly common inexpensive titles ( a few rares). No more AES for me or I'll go bankrupt.

Last edited:

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
To complete my MVS collection which would give me about 100 games, I want Money Puzzle Exchanger, Nightmare in the Dark and Samurai Shodown V Special. That would be it for me. Sort of given up on them tbh. Not paying out hundreds of £££ / $$$ for them.

I did have a 161-1 and 138-1 cart to play these games but ended up selling them. They do the job well so may buy another one for cheap or wait for the new multi-cart to be released.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
I have 3 games. one of which I'm not as excited about anymore.

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I have 20 something US NGH carts left to get if I want all of them but to be honest I'm happy with what I have already.

Would love to re-collect a handful of my favourite games for MVS for cab play again :)

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I have 20 something US NGH carts left to get if I want all of them but to be honest I'm happy with what I have already.

Considering how late you began to build it up, it's an awesome sum. And what are your missing MVS fav's? You got BS & PB2 already...

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Considering how late you began to build it up, it's an awesome sum. And what are your missing MVS fav's? You got BS & PB2 already...

Thanks!

As for MVS fav's... I like the older games in my cab - Eight Man, Robo Army, League Bowling and Fatal Fury. Although I do also want some of the later releases like Blazing Star and KOF99... I had all these games before when I had quite a lot of the library. But now the Neo-Geo will be part of many cabs in my arcade I just want my fav's for quick plays and high scoring (Blazing Star).