How long have you been playing videogames?

How long have you been gaming?

• Less than 3 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-6 years

• 6-10 years

• Total voters

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
I dont even really remember wanting a Nintendo when we got it really. Maybe it was just one of those things?

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I can remember arcades without videogames in them. Pinball was king and there'd be some shooting games/driving games thrown in. One of my favorites was an old baseball game where one person would push a button to pitch (releasing a pinball plunger where a ball came through a flap on the mound). The batter had a bat for a flipper. Dead center was a homerun, to the left or right 3rd base, 2nd and first. Really simple but a lot of fun back then:D

I start whenever Aladdin's Castle got Pong:buttrock:

God I hate the death of the local arcade:(

Made some (so far) life-long friends at the arcade!

Last edited:

Steve

The Wonder Years,
Over 20 years now.

Started with Mario Brothers/Duck Hunt set like many here did. That was over 20 years ago.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I was born in '81 and one of my first memories was around two or three years old and my brother teaching me how to play Atari.

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
I've been gaming since about the age of six. I started fighting games when I was around fourteen.

And it all went downhill from there. :buttrock:

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
My parents bought me an Atari 2600 in 1983 (I was 3 at the time) with PacMan, Lost Luggage, Stampede and Burger Time. Even at that age I knew that the Atari version of PacMan was crap, but I loved the shit out of Burger Time. Later on I found Combat and Battle Tank and played them to death. Lots of days spent playing Combat against my cousin.

From there it was the NES, then the Genesis, the SNES and so on and so forth. I don't play as much as I used to but I still find time to fit in a quick game here and there, unless I really like the game then I'll get sucked into it. With Modern Warfare 2 and Crackdown 2 coming out soon and next year respectively I can see myself getting sucked back into the gaming world for another extended stay.

I'm a nerd.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Been playing for 25+ years. I dimly remember playing a 2600 at my grandmother's house, when I couldn't have been much older than four.

I didn't really get interested in games until we got an NES for Christmas one year. The game that we got with it was RC ProAm, which remains one of my favorite NES games to this day.

aria

Former Moderator
I can remember playing games when I was 3, with my dad lifting me up to the arcade machine and helping me play by using the joystick as I pushed buttons. Actually, I might have been younger than 3.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
My first gaming experience was with Taito's 1981 Alpine Ski when I was 5. My Dad used to take me down to the mall arcade all the time.

So I've been gaming for almost 30 years.

Eggy

Rugal's Thug
I started when I got my n64 back in 2001 for christmas, but I accidentally clicked 10-15 years. well, in 2 years it's correct.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
My first system was an Atari 2600 my sister gave me when she went off to college. I then got a Nintendo on Christmas of '87. Years later, I got a Sega Genesis and Game Boy for Christmas. I then got a Super Nintendo. Once I reached junior high, and then started high school, I quit console gaming and jumped on the PC gaming bandwagon. You were in the cool kid in school if you have a PC with Doom II, Wolfenstein 3D, Warcraft 2, Quake 2, MechWarrior, Dark Forces/Jedi Knight, and the LucasArts games. I then later got back into the arcade scene and was heavy into Sega, so I got a Saturn that Christmas. Little did I know at the time, that the Saturn was about to die a quick death. A few days later, I traded it for a N64 and Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I don't know how, but somehow at this point, I had no idea or concept of Playstation. It wasn't until my birthday my junior year of high school that I learned about this cool looking game coming out called Final Fantasy VII. I got a PS and FF7 that year for my birthday, and have been a hardcore gamer, and have owned at least once, every console that has come out since.

your dates seem wrong ff7 came out before ocarina of time.

but cool story anyway,

for me must be 17 years.

remember my mom got me a master system and my Dad got me a Nes then it just spiralled out of control from there.

Last edited:

td741

, NOTE: Please add 16 points to his feedback., --
Let's see... Mostly remember Pinballs when I was really young. The earliest video games I remember seeing around are things like Asteroids and Pac-Man. Actually I might have seen something similar to Computer Space if I think hard enough.

My first videogame "system" was a Radio Shack TV Scoreboard. Then I think it was an Atari 2600 and various "Game and Watch" like toys. Then quick progression: Commodore Vic-20, NABU network, TRS-80 CoCo3, C-64, Sega Master System... (Then 16-bitters and up).

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
I've been playing for over 20 years. My first system was an Atari 2600 but I had a neighbor that had an NES. A year or two later I got an NES of my own and have been playing ever since. It's a lifetime hobby/obsession for me.