How long will this amiibo craze last?

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
So is anywhere taking pre-orders for the wave 4?

From the two websites I follow for Amiibo tracking none have opened online yet. I'm not sure if any GameStop's are taking reserves in-store but I haven't set foot into one in over a year.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
From the two websites I follow for Amiibo tracking none have opened online yet. I'm not sure if any GameStop's are taking reserves in-store but I haven't set foot into one in over a year.

And now there's these fucking "super mario" amiibos. :oh_no:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
ordered the mega man one. other than that I don't give a fuck, got enough useless plastic shit already.
wouldn't mind a mr. game&watch one though.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
ordered the mega man one. other than that I don't give a fuck, got enough useless plastic shit already.
wouldn't mind a mr. game&watch one though.

G&W would be cool. I mostly want just want Ness from wave 4.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Was in Target today and took a swing through the gaming section. They had about six each of Toon Link and Sheik. Guessing Nintendo pumped out another shipment. If anyone is looking for them, I'd say head to Target. The sales guy there saw me looking at them and wanted to spark up a conversation. Said he collects them too. I told him I didn't have any, I was just morbidly curious about them. He said the Roslyns are long gone, but most of Wave 3 has been getting slowly replenished. So, before you drop whatever the heck they want for them on eBay or Amazon, I'd give Target a peek.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Took the first link I could find..

http://www.engadget.com/2015/02/16/nintendo-amiibo-most-popular-figure/

So did anybody else see this about the press release Nintendo sent out? It's got a list of the most popular Amiibo's as well as them saying they might plan on re-running certain figures and also if they becomes too expensive they're considering making AR Cards so even if you don't want to spend big bucks on a discontinued figure you can just scan the card and get the same effect in the game.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Thanks for the heads-up. I might pick up Toon Link if I see it.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Took the first link I could find..

http://www.engadget.com/2015/02/16/nintendo-amiibo-most-popular-figure/

So did anybody else see this about the press release Nintendo sent out? It's got a list of the most popular Amiibo's as well as them saying they might plan on re-running certain figures and also if they becomes too expensive they're considering making AR Cards so even if you don't want to spend big bucks on a discontinued figure you can just scan the card and get the same effect in the game.

I wouldn't be shocked if those cards started going for money as well.

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
So, looks like it'll be Walmart getting that "Gold Mario Amiibo". Wonder who gets the Silver one?

n6k2zbpc7wh74ffsad7s.jpg

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
So the gold one comes with Mario Party, but only at Wal Mart?

Not quite. Mario Party 10 will come with it's own Mario Amiibo from Mario Party as part of a bundle you can buy. It won't come with this Gold one. The Gold will be an exclusive to Walmart though.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Not quite. Mario Party 10 will come with it's own Mario Amiibo from Mario Party as part of a bundle you can buy. It won't come with this Gold one. The Gold will be an exclusive to Walmart though.

I would also note that only in the USA is the SMB Mario exclusive to the bundle. You can get the figure separately in the rest of the world.

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
I had a friend of a friEnd hit me up from japan if I'll preorder the Mario party 10bundle with the gold mario amiibo. They don't know if the gold mario will be getting released in japan. His words.

Last edited:

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
I think ebay might crash when the gold ones come out.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Toys R Us had solid stock in last night- I found a Fox and got a second Toon Link (sale is buy one get one 40% off).

edit: I also had a clerk who was very into these things- he asked me if I was in the market for any rares and proceeded to offer me his extra Rosalina for $35.

Last edited:

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
FYI, just got an email stating that the delayed shipment of Ike from GS finally went out, for anyone who ordered

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
FYI, just got an email stating that the delayed shipment of Ike from GS finally went out, for anyone who ordered

Haven't received any similar email from them, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I'll let you know if I get any texts from them. The adventure continues...

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Was in Target today and took a swing through the gaming section. They had about six each of Toon Link and Sheik. Guessing Nintendo pumped out another shipment. If anyone is looking for them, I'd say head to Target. The sales guy there saw me looking at them and wanted to spark up a conversation. Said he collects them too. I told him I didn't have any, I was just morbidly curious about them. He said the Roslyns are long gone, but most of Wave 3 has been getting slowly replenished. So, before you drop whatever the heck they want for them on eBay or Amazon, I'd give Target a peek.
I stopped in Target yesterday and, true indeed, they had three Toon Links and three Sheiks. I bought two Sheiks and the guy goes "two Shieks?" with a raised eyebrow when he rang it, I didn't have the heart to tell him I came this close to buying all three.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
TRU had stock as well. Lots of toon links, I picked one up and a mario. Once I did, some guy (swear on my life he looked like the guy from the WoW South Park episode) brought a bag and just stuffed 6 toon links in it. What a douche.