I have a big problem. Moving from Us to Canda. Has anybody done this?

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
I just thought I'd ask here, just in case someone has had to do this before.

Sparing the details a little here, I have a friend in Canada that needs my help. I currently live in WA state. I need to get to Canada and find a job there to help out.

Does anybody have any experience with getting a temporary work permit, or becoming a permanent citizen of Canada?

If someone could PM me some details on how they did it, and maybe what you had to go through to to get everything working, that would be GREATLY appreciated.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Don't most countries require that you already have a job lined up as a stipulation of obtaining a work permit?

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
Get a job that will sponsor your visa or marry your friend. It will end badly otherwise

Edit : you also want to really think long and hard about citizenship into Canada . Do you really want to leave the USA ?

also , assuming the immigration process is similar to the USA, the immigration officers WILL find out what the real story is and if they deem it to not be an acceptable reason they will deny you. It also costs money.

If you still want to do it, I would suggest an immigration attorney to guide you through the process

Last edited:

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Get ready to pay high prices on everything. And 13% harmonized sales tax on everything you buy. Higher car prices, higher gasoline prices, higher housing prices and higher prices on insurance. And your paycheques get taxed to shit. Its a nice place to live.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Get ready to pay high prices on everything. And 13% harmonized sales tax on everything you buy. Higher car prices, higher gasoline prices, higher housing prices and higher prices on insurance. And your paycheques get taxed to shit. Its a nice place to live.

Hey, sounds like the UK... except the "nice place to live" part.

Fandangos

Hardened Shock Trooper

Sounds like Brazil still I would say it's a shitty place to live.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Sounds like Germany except our "sales tax" is 19% ;)

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
I haven’t had to make a move like that before, but I hope everything goes well for you, man.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Don't most countries require that you already have a job lined up as a stipulation of obtaining a work permit?

Yes I think your right, off the top of my head I'm sure Australia and Canada do follow this procedure and if you don't have a skill then you can just forget about.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
If you're moving there to help your friend, couldn't you call that a "job lined up"?

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
It will be waaaaaaay easier for your friend to just come here and wait for amnesty.
BB