Insertcredit -- new NeoGeo CD game ?!?

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
Hey, don't blame the messanger if this proves to be false.
Head over to <a href="http://www.insertcredit.com" target="_blank">www.insertcredit.com</a>
the news is all there, looks like a port of an old fighting game which is coming to all old and obscure games machines (PC engine, Neo-CD, GP2)

How reliable is Brandon Sheffield's information anyway?
Come to think of it, who is he?

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Originally posted by toy_brain:
<strong>Hey, don't blame the messanger if this proves to be false.
Head over to <a href="http://www.insertcredit.com" target="_blank">www.insertcredit.com</a>
the news is all there, looks like a port of an old fighting game which is coming to all old and obscure games machines (PC engine, Neo-CD, GP2)
</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'd never heard of Super Fighter before, so I checked out the Gamefaqs site, and there was indeed a FAQ for it. The intro says:

Super Fighter was created and released by a small, Taiwanese software
company in 1993. The company, named C&E INC., went out of business soon
after this, and several other of their games were finished. The object
of the game is to choose one of eight of the world's strongest fighters
and go head-to-head, battling your way to the top. The final boss one
must defeat is a British, female criminal who killed a man in cold
blood. The winner of the Super Fighters tournament will not only
receive acclaim, but also a large cash reward.

Super Fighter and all related files can be freely downloaded from
The Unofficial Super Fighter Website. The site has two URL's -

[http://www.superfighter.com/]

[http://dfg.theunderdogs.org/sfsite/english/].
<hr></blockquote>

I can't actually seeing anyone bothering to port this for either the NGCD or the TurboDuo. Sounds like it's just a very strange rumour...

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Oh my good lord, they're ACTUALLY rereleasing this game?

This game was on the BBS's of the early nineties, and to be honest with you.. it's fucking terrible. It's made the rounds with a few sames..

Super Fighter
Sango Fighter

and a couple others that completely escape me.

I remember there's a typewriter that tells some of the action of it and it was all in Korean, if I remember correctly.

This game is utter garbage, I can't believe they're really releasing it. The characters are garbage... the only decent one was King Tai Chi(?) I think.. I don't remember, it was a long time ago....

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
You can download the PC version from the official 'Super Fighter' website:

<a href="http://dfg.the-underdogs.org/sfsite/english/download.htm" target="_blank">http://dfg.the-underdogs.org/sfsite/english/download.htm</a>

This link contains both the original game and the remake that will be appearing on the Neo-Geo CD.

<small>[ January 20, 2003, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: NeoLord ]</small>

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Super Fighter is a real stinker! I'm sorry, but that is NOT fighting game. lol It uses SFII sound effects (every character sounds like Zangief), the in-game animation is almost non-existent (3 frames per character) and the music is enough to make you commit suicide.

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
NeoLord:
Super Fighter is a real stinker! I'm sorry, but that is NOT fighting game. lol It uses SFII sound effects (every character sounds like Zangief), the in-game animation is almost non-existent (3 frames per character) and the music is enough to make you commit suicide.
Somehow that just does not supprise me. The screenshots were not exactly awe inspiring for a start.

I wonder if this is just someone's 'pet project' to try and convert a game to a bunch of platforms.
It would explain why they are using 'dead' systems (c'mon, the last Neo-CD game was in '99) to avoid any legal issues. The only 'active' system it is coming to is the GP32 which is a very 'developer-friendly' system.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
toy_brain:
NeoLord:
Somehow that just does not supprise me. The screenshots were not exactly awe inspiring for a start.

I wonder if this is just someone's 'pet project' to try and convert a game to a bunch of platforms.
It would explain why they are using 'dead' systems (c'mon, the last Neo-CD game was in '99) to avoid any legal issues. The only 'active' system it is coming to is the GP32 which is a very 'developer-friendly' system.
I give the creator, Death Adder, props for trying, but he really needs to hire an animator!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I checked the official site out and didn't see anything about a NeoCD version. I checked insertcredit's webpage and saw nothing as well.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
AM-NeoGeo:
I checked the official site out and didn't see anything about a NeoCD version. I checked insertcredit's webpage and saw nothing as well.
News: Super Fighter is a go!
January 16, 2003 7:07 PM PST
Oldergames / Brandon Sheffield

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's official! The license has been aquired, and Super Fighter will be ported to the following systems: Sega CD, Turbo Duo, Neo Geo CD and GP32 (and perhaps more, budget pending). Watch for these titles very soon!

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
snkool:
License acquired by who?
Well if the company that made the game went bust (check tsukaesugi's post) - then presumably there is no licencing issue. The game code is owned by no-one so anyone can use it.

Oh and anyone clicking on that <a href="http://www.insertcredit.com" target="_blank">www.insertcredit.com</a> link will have to scroll down a bit to get to the right section now.

<small>[ January 20, 2003, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: toy_brain ]</small>

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
You guys are morons,Can't you simply read?
The game is going to be published by Oldergames (www.oldergames.com)
they "acquired the licence for the game and are going to develop it for as many platforms as possible,is it really that bad?

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
smokey:
You guys are morons,Can't you simply read?
they "acquired the licence for the game and are going to develop it for as many platforms as possible,is it really that bad?
If the game itself is bad, a shitload of ports/adaptions won't do any good either.

Re-release some NeoCD games, that's what I say, stuff like Slug 1, NTM, Overtop, Driftout, MD2, Ninja Master's, etc. etc. And Ironclad, to end the goddamn hype about this mediocre shooter.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
I wouldnt doubt it. The guy that runs the Super Fighter web site is an old friend of mine. I havent talked w/ him for some time now but he is a very skilled programer. Not to mention he is a huge fan of the Super Fighter game. Back a few years ago I even programed a couple characters for him from Super Fighter and ported it over to MUGEN.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
smokey
[QB] You guys are morons,Can't you simply read?
I think you should download Super Fighter and judge for yourself if you haven't already. You can download the official 'Freeware' version from
the official Super Fighter website:

<a href="http://dfg.the-underdogs.org/sfsite/english/download.htm" target="_blank">http://dfg.the-underdogs.org/sfsite/english/download.htm</a>

I hope they don't port SF in it's current state, because the game isn't very good. ;(

<small>[ January 21, 2003, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: NeoLord ]</small>

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
I emailed Death Adder to find some info on it. But if you goto the website you can see redrawn sprites for the game so who knows maybe they will update it.

ManiG

n00b
Holy shit I remember Super Fighter from back in the BBS days!!

Back then I was poor and had no way of playing SF2 at home. So I downloaded this game and played it on, I believe, my 486sx (25mhz). It was really bad, but at least it had a couple characters with the fireball down+forward+punch move. That was enough for me. It's definately not One Must Fall, it is clearly a stinker, but I still have some fond memories of it. :)

Also, I can't believe someone took the time to make a Flash version of the game, no matter how poor. Man, that's dedication.

-Mani

snkool

Camel Slug
Smokey is right. It was <a href="http://www.oldergames.com" target="_blank">www.oldergames.com</a> that <a href="http://www.insertcredit.com/" target="_blank">http://www.insertcredit.com/</a> was mentioning putting the game on all these consoles. Dose Death Adder have anything to do with this latest project/whatever?

C

CMA Death Adder

Greetings, forum patrons.

I must admit that it saddens me deeply to see that so many of you are little but against this unconfirmed news. While I certainly do not expect everyone out there to enjoy playing Super Fighter as much as I do, I did think that more than a handfull of Neo-Geo CD supporters would be glad (at least) to have any news of a potential new game release.

I, myself, favor the Sega Genesis-Megadrive as my favorite system. Since both Sega and Tec Toy have given up on it, the release of even a very simple new game, commercial or not, would make me very happy. Even something devoid of sound would be good (as sound programming is difficult on the MD), because it would mean that someone out there still cared enough to develop for the system actively.

I haven't surveyed the past or current Neo-Geo community, but if everyone in it is as depressed about future developments as the people who have posted here thus far, I feel sorry for the future of the Neo-Geo CD as well as the AES/MVS.

Since everyone seems to be fixed on several issues that were not exactly crowd pleasers with the original game, allow me to go over some points of interest:

* I have hired a professional artist to provide brand new graphics.
* I have recruited a sound team to remix the game soundtrack with new feel, not simply keeping the lack of melody from the first set of tunes.

While I don't personally make any confirmation or lack thereof that agreements for the future are being made with any outside sources, I can tell you that the upcoming Super Fighter developments will not be limited like the original DOS-based version of the game is. The only reason I do not "open shop" and release samples and such to the public is because our team always sees a project through until the end before releasing it.

Super Fighter was created by a small software house in Taiwan. It took me nine years and some very helpful, former employees just to reach the current "man in charge". A lot of work is going into our current productions and it has taken even more work just to get us this far.

Please, folks, give us a little room to work and to breathe before gathering the angry mob to insult us and burn us at the stake. We're trying here, and its not just for us - it's for the gamers also. It always has been.

Thanks for reading. I appreciate your interest. Take care, all.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
CMA Death Adder:

I must admit that it saddens me deeply to see that so many of you are little but against this unconfirmed news. While I certainly do not expect everyone out there to enjoy playing Super Fighter as much as I do, I did think that more than a handfull of Neo-Geo CD supporters would be glad (at least) to have any news of a potential new game release.

I, myself, favor the Sega Genesis-Megadrive as my favorite system. Since both Sega and Tec Toy have given up on it, the release of even a very simple new game, commercial or not, would make me very happy. Even something devoid of sound would be good (as sound programming is difficult on the MD), because it would mean that someone out there still cared enough to develop for the system actively.

I haven't surveyed the past or current Neo-Geo community, but if everyone in it is as depressed about future developments as the people who have posted here thus far, I feel sorry for the future of the Neo-Geo CD as well as the AES/MVS.

Since everyone seems to be fixed on several issues that were not exactly crowd pleasers with the original game, allow me to go over some points of interest:

* I have recruited a sound team to remix the game soundtrack with new feel, not simply keeping the lack of melody from the first set of tunes.

While I don't personally make any confirmation or lack thereof that agreements for the future are being made with any outside sources, I can tell you that the upcoming Super Fighter developments will not be limited like the original DOS-based version of the game is. The only reason I do not "open shop" and release samples and such to the public is because our team always sees a project through until the end before releasing it.

Super Fighter was created by a small software house in Taiwan. It took me nine years and some very helpful, former employees just to reach the current "man in charge". A lot of work is going into our current productions and it has taken even more work just to get us this far.

Please, folks, give us a little room to work and to breathe before gathering the angry mob to insult us and burn us at the stake. We're trying here, and its not just for us - it's for the gamers also. It always has been.

I wish you well in your endeavors, Adder. I'm elated to hear that Super Fighter will be completely re-mastered using a new team. Can we expect to see combos, DMs, and the like, or are you sticking to a more traditional format (ala original Super Fighter)? I am always willing to support homebrew efforts, and Super Fighter is no exception. We were just hoping that SF would be re-mastered for the Neo CD since the original game left much to desire. At any rate, keep us posted on future developments.

<small>[ January 22, 2003, 11:48 PM: Message edited by: NeoLord ]</small>

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
CMA Death Adder:

yknow what? You changed my mind a bit.

I respect your efforts a lot, although it was NEVER a game I liked, I'll make sure to check out your efforts and support you. I may not like your product, but you seem like someone this community could use more of.

Kudos and good luck.

snkool

Camel Slug
Hey Death Adder. Who is on your team? (Hopefully better than the ones I mentioned.) Why not do a feedback on your site like I suggested by e-mail. Good luck on your project.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Deth Adder you know that you have my full suport on this as well. buttrock
I think any new game on our great classic systems are better than no new games. Hell, gives me a chance to add more game to my collection. I'm suprised that the people here are not excited. Seeing as though nothing new has been released on the NeoCD in a long time.

<small>[ January 23, 2003, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: Tehcno ]</small>