Is this really a Neo forum?...are you sure?

ocdspacemonkey

Crossed Swords Squire
Hi there

What it is, im getting really fed up with something about the site, now at this point alot of you will probably be thinking "f*ck off space monkey, youve only been a member two minutes".
But i can almost gaurantee that if you are one of the people who thought the above then your probably guilty of the crimes that i am about to disclose.

Now ive been hovering round the site most days since i joined and something i noticed from around a month after joining is .. why every time i go to unread posts do i have to waide my way through tons and tons of War room and Unrelated clap trap? , it really is ridiculous, around 50-60% of the forums content is fu*k all to do with neo, There is 1290491 posts in the war room and unrelated forum...........thats more than the rest of the forums posts put together:oh_no:

Some of the threads make you wanna slit your wrists, how can some people waste so much time not speaking about there "hobby" but instead speaking about nothingness like they are women, theres people here on this forum that surley have sad unfulfilled lives, its almost like some are desperate to talk to "someone" about "anything"

Now i know that some of you have been on the site nearly 10 years and have probably owned/played and talked about every god damn neo game ever but that is no reason/excuse for quite literaly SPAMMING the site to death.

I dont even think the motive of the majority of these choice members is actually anything to do with chatting with there so called fellow neoheads that they have become genuine friends over there membership time, (even though this is the case for many i agree),
Im a 6000 post member on a car site since 2003 and fully understand that forum friendship can run deep.
Theres friendship, theres idle chit chat.. fair enough, but then theres fu*king spam, the later has nothing to do with the first two.

There is people on here with literally thousands of posts and i could bet my bottom doller that most have actually 15%-25% actual neo realated:scratch:

But.......Beyond all this there are the post hoar neo haters, "the post hoar neo haters" i hear you say, well these are a percentage of members which quite often fit into the description of the war room/unrelated spammer status, they obviously have lots of posts, and from someone looking in from the outside it would seem like they are ultra neo dedicated veterens.........

.........well this isnt the case, these select few actually hate the neo.......especially the AES, although they used to like neo once upon a time they hate anyone who still does, (even though they used to own every aes cart :rolleyes:)
they show this hate by tarnishing any positive snk vibes posted, they are so fed up and bored with neo/games as a hobby that they snub anyone who still has the neo flame.

Does this piss anyone else off?:lolz:

awaits contributions/flames..................

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I fully agree, we don't even have a completed High Score list. There should be more talk about the Neo. All you really see now are "My Neo is Broken, help me" and "Is this a boot?" with the occasional "Is this a conversion on ebay?".

There was a high point but it has long gone.

alphagamer

Aero Fighters Flyboy
some good points there.

but this is still one of the best places i know to talk neo, although that it skews off-topic much.

Mad Mage

Edo Express Delivery Guy
20 Year Member
I think Neogeo.com is one of the most vile places on the internet. Certainly is out of sites I visit.

That being said, one can't ignore that one of the only things stuper than wasting your life typing shallow, spamy bile all day, is reading that bile and taking the time to critisize said bile spewers. And seriously, by all means make sexist comments if you want, but it really takes away from your argument.

If you know a better place to talk about neo geo with people who KNOW THIER SHIT when it comes to neo geo, let me know.

Otherwise, you should either take off, or try to enjoy the good things this site does have to offer.

Oh, and the trade forums here have some of the nicest, decent, fair, video game traders ANYWHERE.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
I've felt this way for a long time.

It seems like the only time certain people will post in the Neo forums is to bitch about whatever SNKP just release or to flame someone who's actually trying to talk Neo. Shit, some members don't even play video games anymore period; they just sit in the War Room and occasionally go to the Market.

I post in Unrelated every once in a while and I've had my fair share of War Room spamming (who hasn't?), but it's mainly Neo posts for me these days.

I'll have to give that whole "high score" thing a try...I'll probably just pick a game that no one's submitted yet. :tickled:

ocdspacemonkey

Crossed Swords Squire
I think Neogeo.com is one of the most vile places on the internet. Certainly is out of sites I visit.

That being said, one can't ignore that one of the only things stuper than wasting your life typing shallow, spamy bile all day, is reading that bile and taking the time to critisize said bile spewers. And seriously, by all means make sexist comments if you want, but it really takes away from your argument.

Without Critisism there can never be reform.

Mad Mage said:
If you know a better place to talk about neo geo with people who KNOW THIER SHIT when it comes to neo geo, let me know.

Are you reading the same topic as me....., i mean isnt the purpose of my post to point out something bad and try and make it right, im here trying to have a serious disscusion to try and help preseve this place where the people who KNOW THERE SHIT.

Mad Mage said:
Otherwise, you should either take off, or try to enjoy the good things this site does have to offer.

see above

Mad Mage said:
Oh, and the trade forums here have some of the nicest, decent, fair, video game traders ANYWHERE.

so?

if you want to know something about the neo geo you should start a topic about it

noobs.

Mad Mage

Edo Express Delivery Guy
20 Year Member
Don't get me wrong, Space Monkey. I agree with your overall assesment of the boards. But all you are doing is gripeing about other people gripeing.

You say something needs to be done, what do you suggest? What can be done apart from heavy moderation (which I really doubt many people would go for). And no, a high score thread isn't going to magically change the boards (though it might be fun).

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
I can't say I disagree; you'd be hard pressed to find someone here who wouldn't enjoy more neo related conversations. Having said that, if I'm reading off topic shit, I'd much rather read it from people who love the neo than from people I don't share a common passion with.

ocdspacemonkey

Crossed Swords Squire
Don't get me wrong, Space Monkey. I agree with your overall assesment of the boards. But all you are doing is gripeing about other people gripeing.

You say something needs to be done, what do you suggest? What can be done apart from heavy moderation (which I really doubt many people would go for). And no, a high score thread isn't going to magically change the boards (though it might be fun).

Youve actually got me there mage, i dont have an answer nor a suggestion:(

wheres Tonk he has answers lol and he loves neo............Tonk come in

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I think an actual high score section with threads per different game would be good.

It could be in gameplay but I think it'd work better in its own section.

I do know theres a thread already however.

Stellaking

Witchsmeller Pursuivant
I like to think of this site as a bag of stuck together yorkshire mix,
Sometimes I look into that bag and think... Man I should have picked bon bons.

Drunk ninja edit :help:

mydogbilly

Geese's Thug
space monkey...I can't stick up for you. I pm'd you an offer on a galaxy fight game a couple weeks ago and you either ignore me or post "roll the eyes" smiley fucking face. So I can't sit here and say this guy's all about the neo, and the community when you couldn't even give me the time of day to have a conversation. I quoted a price guide quote, whatever.

I will say that I'm a military man, and unless you got some chevrons on your sleeve, you ain't worth shit. I may not be new to neo but I'm new to this forum. I expect to start a thread and not have 50 replies, i expect to sell something and not get bites to buy it....it's called putting in your time. These people don't know me. Kernow has 20,000 posts. Do I rank to call him Kern? I'm not his drinking buddy. I don't expect it. I expect to get respect as a person, and that has happened. But you and I haven't been around here long enough to start making claims on people's character who have been here far longer than us.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Some members try to get some good conversations going

But I know what you mean...I've created a few threads neo related. Some go places, others fall flat

ocdspacemonkey

Crossed Swords Squire
space monkey...I can't stick up for you. I pm'd you an offer on a galaxy fight game a couple weeks ago and you either ignore me or post "roll the eyes" smiley fucking face. So I can't sit here and say this guy's all about the neo, and the community when you couldn't even give me the time of day to have a conversation. I quoted a price guide quote, whatever.

I will say that I'm a military man, and unless you got some chevrons on your sleeve, you ain't worth shit. I may not be new to neo but I'm new to this forum. I expect to start a thread and not have 50 replies, i expect to sell something and not get bites to buy it....it's called putting in your time. These people don't know me. Kernow has 20,000 posts. Do I rank to call him Kern? I'm not his drinking buddy. I don't expect it. I expect to get respect as a person, and that has happened. But you and I haven't been around here long enough to start making claims on people's character who have been here far longer than us.

There wasnt a conversation to be had, you low balled me, it costs 25 dollers to send a damn game to you, never mind 65 all in...for a as new galaxy fight....yer right.

regarding your second paragraph :scratch: your a war room/unrelated b*tch in the making.......dont believe me?? go to your post statistics :lolz:
Kernel i think billyboy wants to start calling you kern...is this ok?

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
There wasnt a conversation to be had, you low balled me, it costs 25 dollers to send a damn game to you, never mind 65 all in...for a as new galaxy fight....yer right.

regarding your second paragraph :scratch: your a war room/unrelated b*tch in the making.......dont believe me?? go to your post statistics :lolz:

Anyone can call me kern and become my drinking buddy as long as they buy the drinks :cool:

mydogbilly

Geese's Thug

regarding you second paragraph :scratch: your a war room/unrelated b*tch in the making.......dont believe me?? go to your post statistics :lolz:

So show your true colors. Get nasty to me when, once again I was merely stating my opinion and having no ill. I guess you can't respect that.

For the record I come on here as do many others to have a good time, chat and post with others, who are on here that at least have one thing in common, and that we may discuss other things we may like. Ok so we're all guilty. I'll continue to do as I please within the rules of this forum.

ps Shouldn't this thread be in the War Room?

And oh yeah if you're going to call me a bitch don't asterisk it like a pussy

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
what else is there to talk about.

it's not our fault you finally joined a forum in 2009 dedicated to a machine that premiered in 1990 and died in 2004.

you want to see us talk Neo then go back some pages and read the discussions there. we're not going to make the same fucking topic twice (unless it's about scratched serials or some shit).