Is this really a Neo forum?...are you sure?

Blur2040

Crossed Swords Squire
what else is there to talk about.

it's not our fault you finally joined a forum in 2009 dedicated to a machine that premiered in 1990 and died in 2004.

you want to see us talk Neo then go back some pages and read the discussions there. we're not going to make the same fucking topic twice (unless it's about scratched serials or some shit).

Agreed. Most people still here like and enjoy playing Neo Geo. Theres just not much reason to discuss the gameplay, characters and whatnot...as it's been done.

It's the same reason that I don't want to have a debate over whether SNES or Genesis is better. It's been done so much that theres practically nothing new to say on the subject.

Wait until something new and neo-related comes up. Everybody pipes up. Just consider Neo multi carts, homebrew (last hope) and prototypes.

tony starks

Starks is always out.
I agree with Sage.

The problem I feel is that most topics about the Neo have been covered already, but yeah a high score section would be great for every Neo release.

Starks out.

ocdspacemonkey

Crossed Swords Squire

it's not our fault you finally joined a forum in 2009 dedicated to a machine that premiered in 1990 and died in 2004.

you want to see us talk Neo then go back some pages and read the discussions there. we're not going to make the same fucking topic twice (unless it's about scratched serials or some shit).

Thanks for contributing, im glad your a self confessed spammer.

There are loads of high post veteran members who still talk neo, who still are here for neo,
your guilty of spamming and thats a fact, just because you were here in the sites hay day you think youve got the right to spam non neo clap trap.....
Your a compulsive spammer, why? , you talk absolute shit....honestly..you are wrist slitting material at its very worst,

the fact is that most people agree to. look at the replys.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Everyone should know 99.8% of lonesages posts are worthless drivel by now, or lies.

I like the guy though, a bit. Don't ask me why. I couldn't tell you.

He's like a more intelligent leslie that isn't locked in the war room, but doesn't come out of there much. :make_fac:

tony starks

Starks is always out.
Originally Posted by LoneSage

Last edited:

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Videogameassholes ftw!

All neogeo related topics have been dis-cussed to death and back again over here.

So all there is left is flaming noobs.

Fear the return! :D

ilazul

Enemy Chaser
This forum is full of arrogant shit heads and spamming retards.

and I could never feel more at home.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Since no one else said it i will: WELCOME TO TEH DRAMA,SPACEMONKEY.
Now mellow the fuck out and know your place.I,ve learned more about the neo and other arcade stuff here in my short time than on any other site on the internet.If you don't like it don't come here:The innanet,one click away from reality:help:

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Since no one else said it i will: WELCOME TO TEH DRAMA,SPACEMONKEY.
Now mellow the fuck out and know your place.I,ve learned more about the neo and other arcade stuff here in my short time than on any other site on the internet.If you don't like it don't come here:The innanet,one click away from reality:help:

lol, how true.

If there's anything I've figured out about this guy from here and arcadeotaku is that ocdspacemonkey = whiney bitch.

hey spacemonkey - which of the the two spaz's in your sig is you? my money is on the guy in the glasses. :lolz:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Thanks for contributing, im glad your a self confessed spammer.

There are loads of high post veteran members who still talk neo, who still are here for neo,
your guilty of spamming and thats a fact, just because you were here in the sites hay day you think youve got the right to spam non neo clap trap.....
Your a compulsive spammer, why? , you talk absolute shit....honestly..you are wrist slitting material at its very worst,

the fact is that most people agree to. look at the replys.

i'm tired, absolutely sick of seeing people here saying 'talk neo or gtfo', or something like that.

it's weak and selfish to tell others to do that -- why don't they themselves do something about it?

anyways, what is spam, really.
find a couple posts I've made that you consider spam - they can't be from the war room, either.

(something worth noting -- what the FUCK is up with british people calling me a spammer. there's lovergoat, Late and now you -- anymore brits want to join the club? such an odd phenomenon; you people think I wear my post count like some dorky ass badge of honor. i never pay any attention to it.)

ps i was not here during this forum's 'golden age' or whatever either. i'm just saying if you're wondering where all the great Neo discussions are, look back a few pages.

edit: woot spam, oh no
i hope this thread isn't destined for the war room, i really do.

Last edited:

Praise the Lard

Sieger's Squire
Space monkey this has been a problem with these forums for a looong time now, and I think it is getting worse.

The fact is this place needs:
A) Moderation. There are actually mods here, believe it or not.
B) More constructive posting. Not this 1 sentence (if that!) crap that is sooo common and usually not even related.
C) Less, FAR less, elitist "noob flaming". The way members of this site treat "noobz" is ridiculous.
D) And, most likely, a few of the most offending members given warning with the real possibility of a permaban.

I could probably think of some more reasons (like removing the War Room), but I think these are the core reasons why Neo-Geo.com doesn't really grow.

Have you ever been to another forum dedicated to systems as old, if not older, than the Neo Geo? Seems a bit doubtful.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
There are a few people who have been here long enough that neo-geo.com has become more than neo-geo.com, it's become a part of their life. It's not that I don't mind partaking in discussion about Neo games (when they interest me), it's that those of you who are so narrow-minded and that WE NEED TO TALK NEO UHHHH BECAUSE I SAID SO and can't look beyond that this forum has become more than that to some of us.

It's like a lounge where we can discuss whatever shit's on our mind. And on the side, talk about video games. There's nothing wrong with that.

It's just funny seeing all these people demanding others talk about Neo-Geo instead of starting topics themselves.

Praise the Lard

Sieger's Squire
There are a few people who have been here long enough that neo-geo.com has become more than neo-geo.com, it's become a part of their life. It's not that I don't mind partaking in discussion about Neo games (when they interest me), it's that those of you who are so narrow-minded and that WE NEED TO TALK NEO UHHHH BECAUSE I SAID SO and can't look beyond that this forum has become more than that to some of us.

It's like a lounge where we can discuss whatever shit's on our mind. And on the side, talk about video games. There's nothing wrong with that.

It's just funny seeing all these people demanding others talk about Neo-Geo instead of starting topics themselves.

You can talk about anything you want here, there is absolutely no problem with that. That is what the Unrelated Topics forum is for. However, if you were to, for example, come into the General Discussion forum and completely derail a whatever thread with n00bz flaming, general flaming as if it's the war room, or just general spam, then that is a problem and more what I think this topic is about.

I realize a lot of people have discussed it all before and just feel like they are repeating themselves, but that doesn't give them the right to do what they do.

aria

Former Moderator
why every time i go to unread posts do i have to waide my way through tons and tons of War room and Unrelated clap trap?

I didn't even realize we had that viewing option, let alone people used it.

As for the general complaint --well, if this were all-Neo talk, all the time, it would be unbelievably boring and dry. I wouldn't want to visit unless I had a Neo-related question, and after all these years I really don't have anymore to ask. There are plenty of video game forums with those attributes out there.

Nah, for those people who stay here past a certain point, they find themselves migrating south of the Market forums and into the zones were the community goes beyond the video game console and into other interests.

aria

Former Moderator
Space monkey this has been a problem with these forums for a looong time now, and I think it is getting worse.

The fact is this place needs:
A) Moderation. There are actually mods here, believe it or not.
B) More constructive posting. Not this 1 sentence (if that!) crap that is sooo common and usually not even related.
C) Less, FAR less, elitist "noob flaming". The way members of this site treat "noobz" is ridiculous.
D) And, most likely, a few of the most offending members given warning with the real possibility of a permaban.

I could probably think of some more reasons (like removing the War Room), but I think these are the core reasons why Neo-Geo.com doesn't really grow.

Nah.

I'd use a counter example: You have 580 posts over 6 years; that and your above stated personal preferences explain you just don't find yourself clicking here. That's fine.

We're not for everyone. Then again, neither was the $650 Neo Geo.

payment_due

Arcade Trading Room Troll? Well its about damn t
Great way to introduce yourself.

"HEY WHATS UP? THIS WEBSITE FUCKING SUCKS AND THE CONVERSATION SUCKS. WHO GIVES A SHIT THAT THIS PLACE HAS A KICKASS TRADING SECTION THAT IS BETTER THAN EGAY... IT STILL SUCKS. Also, I'm an attention whore."

Praise the Lard

Sieger's Squire
Nah.

I'd use a counter example: You have 580 posts over 6 years; that and your above stated personal preferences explain you just don't find yourself clicking here. That's fine.

We're not for everyone. Then again, neither was the $650 Neo Geo.

Okay to simplify that: You like the way the forums are. And, as a mod, one of the few people who can actually do something about it, you condone it.

I could find a 100 examples but I recall this one from recently right here in General Discussion... Because I replied to it mostly.

3 was one of the worst of the series. The roster is small, and it doesn't have some of the best characters from SS2. Plus they messed with the game engine, and the life bars last 10 seconds. 4 is what 3 should have been.

And in reply to what is obviously Joe8's personal opinion:

Shut up you useless no-brain faggot, you're one of the shittiest posters this site has had in a while.

It's not always this blatant but it's everywhere you look it seems. Sure, it's free speech. This sort of shit has got to stop at some point though.

So I'd ask: Really? .. Really?

If I am in a minority for wanting the Neo-Geo.com community to thrive, grow, and just plain be generally respectable... Well, I suppose it will suffice to say I am happy to be in that minority.

marktheshark

Morden's Lackey
Hi there

What it is, im getting really fed up with something about the site, now at this point alot of you will probably be thinking "f*ck off space monkey, youve only been a member two minutes".
But i can almost gaurantee that if you are one of the people who thought the above then your probably guilty of the crimes that i am about to disclose.

Now ive been hovering round the site most days since i joined and something i noticed from around a month after joining is .. why every time i go to unread posts do i have to waide my way through tons and tons of War room and Unrelated clap trap? , it really is ridiculous, around 50-60% of the forums content is fu*k all to do with neo, There is 1290491 posts in the war room and unrelated forum...........thats more than the rest of the forums posts put together:oh_no:

Some of the threads make you wanna slit your wrists, how can some people waste so much time not speaking about there "hobby" but instead speaking about nothingness like they are women, theres people here on this forum that surley have sad unfulfilled lives, its almost like some are desperate to talk to "someone" about "anything"

Now i know that some of you have been on the site nearly 10 years and have probably owned/played and talked about every god damn neo game ever but that is no reason/excuse for quite literaly SPAMMING the site to death.

I dont even think the motive of the majority of these choice members is actually anything to do with chatting with there so called fellow neoheads that they have become genuine friends over there membership time, (even though this is the case for many i agree),
Im a 6000 post member on a car site since 2003 and fully understand that forum friendship can run deep.
Theres friendship, theres idle chit chat.. fair enough, but then theres fu*king spam, the later has nothing to do with the first two.

There is people on here with literally thousands of posts and i could bet my bottom doller that most have actually 15%-25% actual neo realated:scratch:

But.......Beyond all this there are the post hoar neo haters, "the post hoar neo haters" i hear you say, well these are a percentage of members which quite often fit into the description of the war room/unrelated spammer status, they obviously have lots of posts, and from someone looking in from the outside it would seem like they are ultra neo dedicated veterens.........

.........well this isnt the case, these select few actually hate the neo.......especially the AES, although they used to like neo once upon a time they hate anyone who still does, (even though they used to own every aes cart :rolleyes:)
they show this hate by tarnishing any positive snk vibes posted, they are so fed up and bored with neo/games as a hobby that they snub anyone who still has the neo flame.

Does this piss anyone else off?:lolz:

awaits contributions/flames..................

Uhhh, ok. Arn't many other different forums have unrelated discussion sections that have more threads & posts in it then almost all the other sections in those forums combined? The only thing I can agree with you is maybe the "post hoar neo haters."

Mad Mage

Edo Express Delivery Guy
20 Year Member
No, Lard, you hit the nail right on the head with what needs to change on Neo-Geo.com. Moderation.

No more of those dumb one-line posts that don't say anything ":lol::lol::lol:"

And frankly, the amount of personal character assault posts here even outside of the war room is atrocious. These are not interesting to read for those of us not involved, and I tend to doubt it's very enjoyable for the engaged parities either.

Everytime a new SNK game is released (or re released) the new topic is flooded with short quips about how terrible SNK Playmore is "SNK is shit now". Hell, they are probably right, but I don't need to or wanna read it over and over again; I wanna read about the new game. If it's shit, tell me why using more than three words, and in a writing manner that makes you sound older than 13.

If this were my site, I would moderate and ban the hell out of it.

Clessy

Banned
This whole topic is off topic and has nothing to do with neogeo. Can this shit be moved to unrelated?

On a side note. I love how there is no moderation here. If I wanna be a complete pos I can. Now thats a good site. I hate sites sending out warnings because you where flaming someone. So fucking what if they cant handle it they can always go kill themselves for all I care. Its the fucking internet.

Im a fairly new memeber and have no problem with older memebers treating me unfairly. I think they flame idiots not just noobs.

Last edited:
This whole topic is off topic and has nothing to do with neogeo. Can this shit be moved to unrelated?

On a side note. I love how there is no moderation here. If I wanna be a complete pos I can. Now thats a good site. I hate sites sending out warnings because you where flaming someone. So fucking what if they cant handle it they can always go kill themselves for all I care. Its the fucking internet.

Im a fairly new memeber and have no problem with older memebers treating me unfairly. I think they flame idiots not just noobs.

And I think a lot of the older members who contributed heavily to the success of the site with on-topic posts and contributions grew weary and left for just the reasons you cite as positives.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Is this really a faggot thread? ...are you sure?

yes, positive