It's Thinking! - 15 years of Sega Dreamcast 9/9/14

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Everyone in this thread that likes the Dreamcast also likes the cock...in their ass.

Such a crappy system with only a couple redeeming games.

It's like Sega's N64.

Check for radon in that new house of yours, buddy. Something is effecting your ability to make a non-nonsensical post in this thread, lol.

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
g15589fdf.jpg

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Broken if you're going to troll the thread at least write something clever.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
What was the last US game released for the DC? I thought it was Charge N' Blast but I could be wrong.

Did anybody play Sports Jam? Fun minigame sports game.

Last edited:

Master Tasuke

Pathetic Meat Sack, Doll Fucker and Collector of J
Everyone in this thread that likes the Dreamcast also likes the cock...in their ass.

Such a crappy system with only a couple redeeming games.

It's like Sega's N64.

i'm not so sure i'd go that far; there seems plenty of JPN only DC releases i think i'd fancy just fine, much the same as with the SATURN.
indeed, i'd love to own the JPN Sakura Wars themed DC console, but when the damned things seem to command like $300 and up, well shucky-damn it to hell...

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
No way. If you must have a special edition DC, it has to be the Hello Kitty one.

Coleridge

Pleasure Goal
I'm not ashamed to say the Hello Kitty Dreamcast is my go-to machine.

And it's beautiful.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I wasn't joking. I'd pimp that thing if I could find one.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member

Matching modded agetec stick with pink bubble tops and some Hello Kitty theme art.

What was the last US game released for the DC? I thought it was Charge N' Blast but I could be wrong.

Did anybody play Sports Jam? Fun minigame sports game.

I love Charge & Blast, fast pace arcade style FTMW.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Well, it really depends on what kind of player you are.

I don't play RPGs that much. The Dreamcast had a shitload of arcade perfect ports and that was more than enough for me.

It was hard to keep up with the japanese releases at the time. All the fighting games (3rd Strike, SFZ3 Upper, SSFIIX, Jojo, Vampire Chronicles, Soulcalibur, Rival Schools 2, Dead or Alive 2, Guilty Gear X, SNK vs Capcom 2, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, etc) the shitload of shmups (Zero Gunner 2, Ikaruga, Border Down, Mard Matrix, Gigawing, Psyvariar 2, etc), the Naomi ports (Crazy Taxi, House of the Dead 2, Virtua Tennis, Power Stone, F355 etc) and yeah, I even enjoyed some of the SNK "enhanced ports" (KOF 98 Dream Match) I still have the DC=>NGPC cable).

The Dreamcast was awesome imo. I still have one in my cab all set up as the poor man's Naomi.

Last edited:

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
I didn't even own a Dreamcast until late '07... But I do love the thing to pieces. I've had it hooked up via VGA for quite a while, and there's nothing like it. It's pretty spectacular.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Dreamcast launch shits on every other console launch since. Crazy that I bought mine with an RF adapter. My TV didn't have composite in, and I could only do that through the vcr and that was a bitch.
My how things have changed

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
I just sold my new SakuTai DC for $450 two months ago.

It's been in a closet for years all boxed up.

The DC is the gift that keeps on giving!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
This thread is dangerous. I have such an urge to get Power Stone again.

I played the hell out of that in my dorm room. All the other dudes were all not buying the DC cause they were, "waiting to buy the PS2."

Sega Rally 2 as well - damn, I may have to scoop up a DC.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
The DC that I got in '99 STILL works to this day. I've gone through 2 XB360's, 2 PS3's, and 4 PS2's - the thing is a goddamn workhorse.

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
Zero mention of Typing of the Dead (both JP and US versions).

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,

I ALMOST bought that Hello Kitty Dreamcast while I was in Korea. It was majorly cheap too. $50. I can't remember why I didn't buy but if I go back, you best believe i'm gonna cop it.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Zero mention of Typing of the Dead (both JP and US versions).

Dammit yer right, I did forget to mention it :(

I keep a dedicated corner setup for it 24/7. It's one of the wife's all time favorite games, and always goes over really well when I have ppl over. Such a great game, it's a shame that with the keyboard and all they never made more of these types of games (I do know about Lupin on the naomi.) it's an amazing formula for a game.

This thread is dangerous. I have such an urge to get Power Stone again.

I played the hell out of that in my dorm room. All the other dudes were all not buying the DC cause they were, "waiting to buy the PS2."

Sega Rally 2 as well - damn, I may have to scoop up a DC.

do it jake! I'm sure you can get what you need on the cheap :)

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Unreal Tournament with keyboard and mouse is actually really damn good but I like it better with the Panther stick.

The Panther stick makes Kiss Psycho Circus seem like fun...seem...Quake 3 and Half Life both play pretty well with it too.

If only Aliens vs Predator was released for the DC...

Foreword,

When it comes down to it, the Dreamcast is dearly remembered. Aside from marketing plummet and piracy run amok the DC had a successful run in the harts of plenty gamers.

I think the important factor for me aside from the library and quality peripherals (There were crappy peripherals too) it was the fact that this was a system that I took part of as a consumer from the rumors, to the concept, to its launch and success followed by its climax along with a robust import scene and then ended with its mainstream demise to be loosely followed with its aftermath releases which still being produced to this day.

I haven't experienced that with any other system, maybe some handhelds but it's not quite the same, maybe the Neo Geo Pocket comes close in nostalgia factor and eagerly waiting for new releases and it connected to the DC which made it a perfect companion for the SNK ports.

One of my favorite systems 'cause it introduced me to several things that dictate the way I look at things in gaming. The DC Agetec stick was my first quality stick, the VGA box made me realize there was a cleaner way to play your games, the MC Wheel was my first wheel I ever owned and with it opened a whole new level of gaming, the wheel was perfect for the system, it did everything it was supposed to right, I think the Fanatec is even better though but no stick was a drawback for me, butterfly shifting is cool though. House of the Dead 2 was my favorite gun game even surpassing Time Crisis until Time Crisis 2 came out.

Another big thing for me was internet access, I didn't own a computer then, so it wasn't until the DC that I started going online, maybe some share that but I'm sure most don't, I didn't feel the need for a computer then so I never had one.

Good times with the DC all around, seeing it go down was really a sad part of the memories, a system so good that was leap and bounds anything else before it, even when the PS2 came out and it was told that the PS2 was more powerful, the DC still held relevance, it was a great system. To me the DC sits right up top with my favorite systems and lately playing Gun Lord with it, it made me realize I needed to have my DC on the grand stage, not just the game room but the living room as well.

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Did not know this existed:
That's why I posted it in #94 ;) Check the USB Controller, I got high hopes for that one.

I've used SD card mods on DC's before, and they are usually buggy as hell. Maybe they are better now, but I was better off using my CD spindle of games from college.
The GDEmu replaces the GD-Rom Drive, thereby it is way faster and AFAIK works with every legit game just like the Drive would (so also region restrictions still apply).

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I'm just messing with y'all. The DC was cool and these GD replacement projects make the console immensely more convenient.*

Spoiler:

* I lied

scavenger101dreamcast.jpg

Last edited: