Juan Williams' Firing: W.T.F.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Fox News only recently fired Rick Sanchez for saying Jews control the media.

One of these stations, I don't care who, needs to give Mel Gibson his own slot. Once a week he comes on after a 5th of Stoli and proceeds to express his views.

THE FN SHOW

Armored Scrum Object
cnn fired rick sanchez not fox...juan stated how he felt and he didn't degrade muslims in any way...his whole comment wasn't used and was taken out of context...and finally unless i missed the memo muslim is a religion not a race

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I love how a couple of you are jealous that he was offered $2 million to stay at Fox as an analyst.

Please, can we stop the damn class warfare crap? I've heard enough of it from norton9478, AND this forum is dedicated to one of the most expensive video game systems EVER.

Jon

starscream615

, m(o)(o)bs, they're awesome.
If that were the case then no one would ever get fired.

Fox News only recently fired Rick Sanchez for saying Jews control the media. I don't see that Fox News dealt irreparable damage to journalism.

... Oh wait, nevermind.

Um...I thought CNN fired Rick Sanchez.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Only issue I have with it is that there is some public money going to NPR therefore protections guaranteed by the first amendment should come into play.

If it was 100% funded by donations and membership was upset about what he said then they would have every right to fire him.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
I love how a couple of you are jealous that he was offered $2 million to stay at Fox as an analyst.

Please, can we stop the damn class warfare crap?

One person brought it up.

I love how that's all you brought to this thread. Mindless post, typical of your midwest white trash mind.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Only issue I have with it is that there is some public money going to NPR therefore protections guaranteed by the first amendment should come into play.

If it was 100% funded by donations and membership was upset about what he said then they would have every right to fire him.

First amendment does not guarantee freedom of speech only for organizations with public money. What kind of consitutional freedom do you subscribe to exactly.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
First amendment does not guarantee freedom of speech only for organizations with public money. What kind of consitutional freedom do you subscribe to exactly.

Freedom of speech does not protect you from termination.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
The guy (he's 22) is always on the lookout for racism. Ready to accuse people of being racist at the drop of a dime.

He sounds like a chunk of people that post here.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member

There's definitely exceptions, but for the most part people tend to only scream "freedom of speech" when they know good and well they've said something that common sense would tell you not to say.

Some jackoff screams at a cop "I'm gonna kill you motherfucker", then later he's crying "but, but,,,my freedom of speech".

The entire concept, like most good concepts tends to work best with a little self control and common sense.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
He sounds like a chunk of people that post here.

If that's in reference to shit you've taken, then keep in mind you've said things that would make the nearest klansman say "high five buddy".

Maybe you're not aware that what you say comes across the way it does though. I actually get that myself sometimes. People telling me I'm being an insensitive asshole and I'm all "huh ? really ?"

If that were the case then no one would ever get fired.

Fox News only recently fired Rick Sanchez for saying Jews control the media. I don't see that Fox News dealt irreparable damage to journalism.

... Oh wait, nevermind.

This post makes it even more clear that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Seriously even W Goldberg was upset he was fired.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
I saw a recent video of David Duke saying that Fox News is a liberal Jewish ran media site who's purpose is to destroy the culture of white christian America.

He also had some choice words for Glenn Beck and by choice I don't mean friendly.

This post makes it even more clear that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Seriously even W Goldberg was upset he was fired.

Jon Stewart himself told Larry King the guy should not have been fired.

Stewart isn't the liberal voice a lot of liberal youth who love him thinks he is. When he's being serious he comes across much more like a moderate.

Last edited:
I believe that a lot of people who think the firing is justified are commenting from media sound clips without having taken in the whole dialog. And I don't just mean here, but in general.

I also believe that when you exist partially on Federal funding, that you need to be held to a higher standard for open and unbiased communication.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I also believe that when you exist partially on Federal funding, that you need to be held to a higher standard for open and unbiased communication.

All the broadcast stations get federal support in one way or another.

But hell, since you bring it up, maybe we should bring back the fairness doctrine to broadcast media.

Anyways, NPR is getting out of the political punditry/commentary/etc biz.

Stewart isn't the liberal voice a lot of liberal youth who love him thinks he is. When he's being serious he comes across much more like a moderate.

What's the surprise.

Media figures will always back up the institution.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member

He's clearly an idiot for saying what he did, but if there will be penalties/condemnation for shit talking jews, then the same should happen to O'reilly for shit talking muslims.

OR

They can just shoot off their yaps about either one, and people carry on with their lives respecting everyones right to say whatever the hell they want.

Either respect everyone or be allowed to diss everyone.

Myself I prefer the second option....especially when it comes to bobble-headed sand religions. :cool:

bokmeow

I didn't say Freedom of Speech protected you from determination. lithy was saying that he was concerned for Juan 'cos NPR received public money, and therefore it had an obligation to never fire anyone for exercising their constitutional freedom. If he had worked for CNN, Fox, New York Times, or any other privately owned news media outlet, then he wouldn't have given a shit.

fake

15 Year Member
I didn't say Freedom of Speech protected you from determination. lithy was saying that he was concerned for Juan 'cos NPR received public money, and therefore it had an obligation to never fire anyone for exercising their constitutional freedom. If he had worked for CNN, Fox, New York Times, or any other privately owned news media outlet, then he wouldn't have given a shit.

Still, he had a contract. The contract probably said something along the lines of "You're an analyst, so you aren't supposed to share your personal views." It's possible he breached his contract, giving NPR the right to fire him.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Hey speaking of radio last week this station changed formats from a mix format with little commercials to a talk/news format. As you can see by the line-up its a highly conservative dream team just missing Limbaughand & Hannity. Its suplmeted by quick abc news feeds.

I strongly dislike Savage, he an example of the political extremeism thats tearing this country apart.

Miller can almost be entertaining but you have to have a dictionary and a way back machine handy to understand his jokes.

Has this happened in your area?

fake

15 Year Member
Oh my god, don't even get me started on Savage. What a fitting name. I remember one show he was arguing that Asians have contributed absolutely nothing to the world. I hope to god people only listen to this guy as dark, dark comedy.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Oh my god, don't even get me started on Savage. What a fitting name. I remember one show he was arguing that Asians have contributed absolutely nothing to the world. I hope to god people only listen to this guy as dark, dark comedy.

I was making a cross country trip about five years ago and he was talking about religion , he was saying that Christians and Jews did bad things but that was 500 or more years ago and that theres no place for it in our society today...then he said we need a concentration camp for Muslims or somthing alog those lines. Much worse than Jaun I'd say.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
To quote Neal Boortz, "Michael Savage is a threat to freedom of speech. It's a matter of when, not if, he says something so egregious that the government will be forced to stomp out talk radio."