KENJU FOR ATOMISWAVE! UNRELEASED GAME RECOVERED!

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member
Yes, we have some breakthroughs regarding repros. Billy and I are working through some details.

Fantastic. Really looking forward to both Kenju and Sushi Bar. Thanks guys

Last edited:

Shou-sama

Armored Scrum,
I revealed new info on Kenju today on my Tumblr.

Kenju is now playable at Mikado and Try Tower in Tokyo. I have also given both arcade Force Five which is already up at Try.

Mosque

Super Sidekicks 2

Kenju is now playable at Mikado and Try Tower in Tokyo. I have also given both arcade Force Five which is already up at Try.

Pretty amazing stuff my dude

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member

That's awesome man. I figured those two spots on the char select weren't just for looks.

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member
Does the Atomiswave wipe backup ram (scores, unlocks, etc.) after a cart swap, like HNG64?

Shou-sama

Armored Scrum,
I'm happy to post an update that Billy Pitt has graciously sent over the Chicago 1929 cart to me and I have successfully dumped it. It's also fully playable under emulation minus its link up feature as Demul does not support this functionality yet. NAOMI netbooting versions have almost been created for the protos but due to hardware differences, they are not 100% faithful. As such, we are now working on the first AW cart repro which will lead to a potential production run.

I hope this can serve as an example that professional and mature transactions are absolutely possible for protos.

Also, if anyone knows who has Premier Eleven, please PM me.

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member
I'm happy to post an update that Billy Pitt has graciously sent over the Chicago 1929 cart to me and I have successfully dumped it. It's also fully playable under emulation minus its link up feature as Demul does not support this functionality yet. NAOMI netbooting versions have almost been created for the protos but due to hardware differences, they are not 100% faithful. As such, we are now working on the first AW cart repro which will lead to a potential production run.

I hope this can serve as an example that professional and mature transactions are absolutely possible for protos.

Also, if anyone knows who has Premier Eleven, please PM me.

Fantastic news. I commend you gents for the collaboration efforts and look forward to the releases.

Also, I'd say reposting the release in particular to the news page again would be wise.

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member
They had another stream the other day too.

Wow nice video indeed. Sho, are you in attendance of these play sessions?

Now would be an opportune time to release the game - SFV is down for the count :D

Shou-sama

Armored Scrum,
Bump. Any advances on Kenju?

We've 90% reverse engineered the existing AW bootlegs so that we can reproduce our own carts without having to buy boots. Once this is complete, we will assemble the first prototypes and test them out.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
We've 90% reverse engineered the existing AW bootlegs so that we can reproduce our own carts without having to buy boots. Once this is complete, we will assemble the first prototypes and test them out.

This is awesome news! Hopefully things continue to progress. Thanks so much for sharing your proto with the community!

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Great work guys - look forward to seeing these on carts.

Mosque

Super Sidekicks 2

You da man shou!

brizzo

n00b
Wait a second, finally I hear something promising here.
So let me see if we got this straight here.

1) We already know that it is possible to build a device that allows us to read the data off the flash roms on the Proto carts without having to desolder them and risk damaging them.

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=349484&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&vc=1

Being able to software dump carts was a very helpful step forward with preserving A/W games :D

Billy,

I've discussed repros now with Darksoft, Metallic, Brizzo and Arcademodbios on what is possible.

This is true, we have discussed this in great detail!

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
...also still very interested - bump acknowledge.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
...also still very interested - bump acknowledge.

brizzo was talking about this in chat the other week. Price point was like $600 or some crazy shit for their new bootlegs. Told him he'd have lots of buyers on here for far less, but none of us are paying that.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
To quote muchspork, "wow."

Yeah - definitely happy to support the R & D, and the cost of production, but that seems way out there. I wasn't thinking $30 boots like ali used to have, but was more in the $150 range.

fantat

NEST Puppet
20 Year Member
To quote muchspork, "wow."

Yeah - definitely happy to support the R & D, and the cost of production, but that seems way out there. I wasn't thinking $30 boots like ali used to have, but was more in the $150 range.

I too would be interested at the $150 price range but $600 seems insane.