KoF XIII Port this Winter

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
The thing is in our crew it's not even a SNK vs Capcom rivalry, it's actually just a "we all hate the SFIV series" thing because since the mid 2000's to today we all played lots of Third Strike and those same 2 guys didn't want any part of that game and they swear up and down that 3rd strike is not as good as SFIV.

What the fuck are you talking about dude? :conf:

They hate it or like it or what?

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
SRK is great, yall crazy.

I love srk and I need srk because while I love this place for talking about arcade games and things I love that nobody else appreciates, I also like to play my shit and play it seriously. SRK has people who don't give a shit about homecart boxes and DO give a shit about hit boxes, passionate people who discover strategy and support gaming scenes by running tourneys (including snk tourneys, that don't get many players but they run them anyway just to support the fighting game scene in general).

Check the entire subforum for KOFXIII and see how many people are discussing actual gameplay and how many people are discussing nona's sprite settei, then tell me which forum has the fanboys.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I always put SNK before Capcom but no doubt about it SSFIV is a very decent game, however once played KOF XIII, you can see how much slower SSFIV is compared to it.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
SRK is great, yall crazy.

I love srk and I need srk because while I love this place for talking about arcade games and things I love that nobody else appreciates, I also like to play my shit and play it seriously. SRK has people who don't give a shit about homecart boxes and DO give a shit about hit boxes, passionate people who discover strategy and support gaming scenes by running tourneys (including snk tourneys, that don't get many players but they run them anyway just to support the fighting game scene in general).

Check the entire subforum for KOFXIII and see how many people are discussing actual gameplay and how many people are discussing nona's sprite settei, then tell me which forum has the fanboys.
I don't think anyone has ever denied any of that.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I apologize guys, anyway this netcode improvement announcement makes me happy, I know XII has likely hurt peoples optimism for a patch to really bring the game up to standards, but I remain optimistic if only because KOF XIII is amazing in all other areas, I have reason to believe SNKP cares now and has motivation to make a effort this time.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Probably because they understood what that game was and were just glad a fighting game could be successful in this day and age of modern middle east combat themed FPS games.

I'm extremely grateful for SF IV, even if I don't consider it 'my' game.

I know the gripes about it. I know why some old schoolers hate it. And I respect that.

But it resurrected a dead genre (EDIT: In the USA, the biggest game market in the world) and made it popular again. And it's not just any genre. It's a genre that, by its nature, power creeps towards a hardcore playbase. By its nature, fighting games become gradually niche over time.

SF IV found a way to be all things to all people, even if only for a little while. It woke up a sleeping giant and let major gaming markets know fighting games still matter.

I have no illusion about the game's flaws. I also have no illusion about the game's strengths. Some of those strengths are not gameplay related.
I know this all too well, trust me. However what aggravates the shit out of me is I'm disgusted by the newest incarnation of the series of all series. I know people would say that "well you need to take that up with yourself". I just feel that if it had been done like KOF XIII was that the positive effects on the community would have been much greater.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I appreciate SFIV and what it has done. Personally I do not have hatred for it. That being said it wasn't what I like in a fighting game. Personal preference plain and simple.

As for which years would I like the new fighting games to emulate by far 97-02 had the best run for the fans. It was the start of the console catching up to the arcade, so the arcaders would set up meet ups at someones house to save on money and play 4 player games like Tekken Tag or MVC 1 while still going to the arcade to get the experience. The true bottom didn't fall out till past 02 when xbox live showed up and Capcom gave up on the arcade and fighting games. Before then was a perfect blend of both. Besides I don't want to see the market saturated again.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I appreciate SFIV and what it has done. Personally I do not have hatred for it. That being said it wasn't what I like in a fighting game. Personal preference plain and simple.

As for which years would I like the new fighting games to emulate by far 97-02 had the best run for the fans. It was the start of the console catching up to the arcade, so the arcaders would set up meet ups at someones house to save on money and play 4 player games like Tekken Tag or MVC 1 while still going to the arcade to get the experience. The true bottom didn't fall out till past 02 when xbox live showed up and Capcom gave up on the arcade and fighting games. Before then was a perfect blend of both. Besides I don't want to see the market saturated again.
As long as you realize your preference is based on nostalgia for your personal experience and not much else. The fighting game genre was already completely marginalized by the late '90s. Yeah, there were still some good fighting games coming out... sometimes... but they were very few and far between, and the audience that played them had already shriveled up and mostly moved on. Not you and your friends, maybe, and not us here, but almost everyone else.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
The main reason why the arcades fell was the fact that the console caught up with the arcades. Most casual gamers thought why pay to play when you can buy the game. The chance of seeing anything like the early 90's is a moot point cause the arcades will never produce anything better then the console aanymore. Simply cause of the economics. The best you can get is an earlier release and that won't make the arcades return to their former glory.

That being said the timeframe I am talking about had a transisition (all be it on the way down) that seems to possiblly work well with today's fighting game market. There were a hell of a lot of good games released in the late 90's though I will admit 00 - 02 was a lot less but that time was better for the colsole releases.

I am realistic that we are a niche market that will never see the numbers that FPS make, but we do have a good opporrtunity to make a decent market for ourselves and possibly get both a casual market and hardcore market. That's all I really want to see.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member

Not much is shown apart from the uppercut and the aerial (?) Hen Shippo Kako.

Edit: His qcf P seems to be similar to Takuma's 2002 version too.

Last edited:

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,

Not much is shown apart from the uppercut and the aerial (?) Hen Shippo Kako.

Edit: His qcf P seems to be similar to Takuma's 2002 version too.

Surprised this sat here a whole day and nobody commented on it. I personally can't wait for Mr. Karate. He's always been on of my favorite characters. HOpefully he'll go into my main team. I mean I even don't mind you have to pay extra for him either, because his stage is one of the best in any fighting game, and I love the new remake of it.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
So- the 3 empty slots are Mr. K, Iori w/ flames, & NESTS Kyo.

Cool, I guess.

Would be cooler if Oswald, Rick S., & Eiji.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
The Bradygames guide for XII is nice.

Anyone know of an English language book for XIII?

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
So- the 3 empty slots are Mr. K, Iori w/ flames, & NESTS Kyo.

Cool, I guess.

Would be cooler if Oswald, Rick S., & Eiji.

They have to save some things for the next game. Since this is the end of that godforsaken Ash Saga you know what that means.... DREAM MATCH TIME!!!! KOF XIV has to be a dream match like 98 and 2002. Could you imagine what would be in store for a dream match with these graphics and SNK-P's readjusted mindset? HOLY MOLY

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
They have to save some things for the next game. Since this is the end of that godforsaken Ash Saga you know what that means.... DREAM MATCH TIME!!!! KOF XIV has to be a dream match like 98 and 2002. Could you imagine what would be in store for a dream match with these graphics and SNK-P's readjusted mindset? HOLY MOLY

I wholeheartedly approve of this post.

DREAM MATCH NEVER ENDS!

GunstarHeroblack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Straight up Madness..the possibilities are endless. over what length of time are we talking here, another couple of years perhaps? given the length of time it takes to construct these sprites, additional backgrounds etc, SNK-P has proven with careful planning, that It can be possible to raise the bar with 2D- quality Check is in full force....

I can only wonder if will they will be bringing back -any more familiar faces from Art of Fighting , Fatal Fury etc... that have yet to be in a KOF game, and with the certain adjustments, give them a much more modern look and play style, like Hwa.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I'd be perfectly happy with Fatal Fury versus Art of Fighting, myself.

If they did that, using the model of KOF XIII as their basis, the mysteries of the universe would be answered at last.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
Straight up Madness..the possibilities are endless. over what length of time are we talking here, another couple of years perhaps? given the length of time it takes to construct these sprites, additional backgrounds etc, SNK-P has proven with careful planning, that It can be possible to raise the bar with 2D- quality Check is in full force....

I can only wonder if will they will be bringing back -any more familiar faces from Art of Fighting , Fatal Fury etc... that have yet to be in a KOF game, and with the certain adjustments, give them a much more modern look and play style, like Hwa.
Who's to say that they haven't already been making the sprites? Maybe they didn't put all of their eggs in one basket just yet. Remember in KOF XII they had the data for all of the fighters that are in KOF XIII they just didn't have the money to implement them at the time.

I'm also down with the next installment being Fatal Fury vs Art of Fighting. Who knows if it'll happen but I can dream can't I.