DaemoN

Camel Slug
Fran said:
the sprites in 11 are good old neo geo sprites only filtered or something
the bgs are high res
3rd is all high
but for the love of god,i feel like a complete idiot talking about resolutions
i feel like one of those gg fanboys,and it's not good

i still believe comparing 2 different games with 2 completely different engines is a waste of time
can't you all see it doesn't make any sense ?

people have been playing third for about 6 or 7 years now,
kof 11 is relatively new so of course it's going to give you that "fresh vibe" or something

but okay,garou densetsu special or virtua fighter 4 evo ?

If we're gonna talk resolution, then that's a load of bollocks.

3s is not hi-res. It's a standard 15KHz game like any other CPS3 game.
War-Zard is low res, JoJo is low res, SF3 (all of them) are low res.

SF3 looks GREAT because it's very well drawn and the hardware allows for big, detailed sprites and beautiful animation. As a matter of fact, CPS3 is 384x224, the same resolution as any CPS2 game! :-)

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Rengoku said:
personally i dislike sf3s due to many reasons
- too much zoning (in my little experience btw) and i prefer heavily rushdown based games as kof
- shitty music and bg's
- shitty charas i like only gouki and maybe 12
- less movement possibles, only one type of jump and only dash forward and backdash
- random stuffs

Compared to the previous SF's, mobility in SF3 was a vast improvement.

As far as characters go, I'll take Alex, Ibuki, Makoto, the twins, etc. over overrated and tired fossils like Ryu, Akuma, Guile, etc. anyday.

Personally, I had more fun with New Generation and 2nd Impact than 3rd Strike, but then again, I'm totally opposite when it comes to SF in general.

Despite never playing KOF XI, I still have mixed feelings about the game. Can't say I'm looking forward to a KOF where Kyo and Athena regain moves I hardly found useful or necessary. Thing again, I'm interested from what I've seen from the mook on KOF XI.

At any rate I prefer fighting games that put emphasis on fighting opponents.

Doubt I'd enjoy fighting against parrying gods on SF3, Last Blade, MOTW, etc. so I'll stick to fighters where landing a hit isn't a freakin chore.

I'll just ignore the graphics arguement, since it never bothered me what the graphics look like as long as the game is fun to play.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
soulthug said:
HahahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH *wheeze*
The only KOF that comes close is 96. :spock:

if there's any part of this thread that's true blasphemy, it's this part

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
Since we're on the subject of the AW or even PS2 version, does the AW output in 15khz or high res only? One day, I'm willing to shell out some money for this game...

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
BBH said:
if there's any part of this thread that's true blasphemy, it's this part

quoted for truth.

soapy_jack23

Crazed MVS Addict
Bored and bringing this thread back from the dead (sorry guys lol)
But are you guys really serious? Comparing any kof game to a masterpiece like 3rd is absolute insanity. 3rd is the most balanced 2d imo. And mussolini does know what he is talking about imo. Every time I had some questions about combo's etc in the past he allways posted the most usefull info. From his reply's I can deffenitly tell he is more of a top tier type player. Graphics don't mean everything but this is one game I know about more than any other game. Garou does come close imo but it doesn't have as much selection and even if you kick serious butt in it how many good competive players are you going to find? I know 2 good players of garou and about 20 good 3rd players in my city. You also have to take that into consideration also cause playing against cpu gets old fast. All the major tourny's have this game also. Don't get me wrong I love most of the kof (94/00/01 kinda suck) but comparing it to 3rd is just wrong. How about saying kof11 is better than the alpha series? Now that I will agree on.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Rengoku said:
personally i dislike sf3s due to many reasons

- random stuffs

but kof is my fave:

- too many other things to list

yeah thanks for that lols

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Piratero said:
Since we're on the subject of the AW or even PS2 version, does the AW output in 15khz or high res only? One day, I'm willing to shell out some money for this game...

The AW outputs both 15 and 31 khz, it has a switch that toggles it. Neowave looked like shit in 31 but XI looks good either way.

3S and KOF XI are really my 2 fav fighting games right now. The problem with 3S is that at a high level of play it gets too defensive IMO. Both games are very unbalanced (Yun, Ken, Chun Li; Kula, Gato, Oswald...)

E=MC2

Amano Jacu said:
The AW outputs both 15 and 31 khz, it has a switch that toggles it. Neowave looked like shit in 31 but XI looks good either way.

3S and KOF XI are really my 2 fav fighting games right now. The problem with 3S is that at a high level of play it gets too defensive IMO. Both games are very unbalanced (Yun, Ken, Chun Li; Kula, Gato, Oswald...)

most US vids thats the case yeah, most jap vids that aint the case. you can really rush down in this game, rushing dudley or gouki (not to mention gill) is a nightmare if played right. it really depends on the player playing the game. in fact almost all the players can play rushdown, if you got the brains and skills to do so that is.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
is rush down some secret platform game inside all fighters when you get good enough?

:chimp:

E=MC2

yes it is(not all games offcourse), it means youve gotten good enough with your character of choice that instead of playing turtle you can play aggressive without the opponent knowing what you wanna do, you should surprise him/her with a barrage of attacks/combos/mindgames/low/overheads/throws/parry. its about outprioritizing and outmanuvering your opponent, hence the reason you gotta be a lil skilled and actually know the character your playing to a certain degree. if your parry skillz are good you can even rushdown with the slowest of the slow, hugo, not that i can with him, ive even got problems with 360's and 720's on the ps2 pad.

Rengoku

Duck King's DJ
finally discovered oswald's infinite

pretty late since someone felt that he had at least one
in addition to his side to side floating+stun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCrrtejFMA0

credit to furix that discovered it by fault

kofxi=broken?

3s>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>xi?
capcom99>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>snkp2006?

these stuffs are in my mind right now

E=MC2

yeah the pad is a nightmare, thinking of buying one of those hori RAPS. though im pretty sure id really kick ass with the ps2 neocd pads, best directional pad ever IMO, moves come out as flawless as a stick but its in your hand like a pad. now thats the shit.

p.s. i really dont play kof XI that often anymore (ussually sf3ts) but that infinite is just retardet. if your in the corner your gone man. at least theres none of that bullshit in sf3ts. makes me want the good old days of 98 back. lets hope XII is better, maybe well get treated to a new game with sprites and all.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
MUSOLINI said:
p.s. i really dont play kof XI that often anymore (ussually sf3ts) but that infinite is just retardet. if your in the corner your gone man. at least theres none of that bullshit in sf3ts. makes me want the good old days of 98 back. lets hope XII is better, maybe well get treated to a new game with sprites and all.

bah, Oswald is not a very interesting chara anyway IMO.

Duo Lon's crap was cheap as well but people still played 2k3 at tournaments with the usual no-Duo rules in place, no big deal.

And since you mention 98, well, there's a lot of über-cheese in there as well (the Orochis, anyone?)...

"broken" is such a harsh word... ...and more than inappropriate in most cases. Broken = unplayable in every situation, but that does not apply to an infinite of a certain chara in an otherwise bug-free (well, not really, but I guess you catch my drift) game.

Oh and btw., I can play rushdown-style with Hugo, no prob... (against anyone but my buddies' Urien and Elena that is)... :)

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
I find SFIII:TS to be overhyped. Sure it has its neat little texts but who doesn't nowadays? The only thing it really has going for it is its nearly decade old animation. I've owned this game for a number of years on the DC and never saw what others had in it. Hell, I had more fun with MOTW to be honest. I wouldn't be suprise, even though I haven't played it, if KOFXI was a better game. It's due.

E=MC2

Takumaji said:
bah, Oswald is not a very interesting chara anyway IMO.

Duo Lon's crap was cheap as well but people still played 2k3 at tournaments with the usual no-Duo rules in place, no big deal.

And since you mention 98, well, there's a lot of über-cheese in there as well (the Orochis, anyone?)...

"broken" is such a harsh word... ...and more than inappropriate in most cases. Broken = unplayable in every situation, but that does not apply to an infinite of a certain chara in an otherwise bug-free (well, not really, but I guess you catch my drift) game.

Oh and btw., I can play rushdown-style with Hugo, no prob... (against anyone but my buddies' Urien and Elena that is)... :)

cheese but no infinites. and could you define why you find them to be any cheaper than lets say kyo, terry or iori for that matter.

Rengoku

Duck King's DJ
Takumaji said:

ok i still don't know how far can go this oswald's infinite it seems that are some things that can deal well against (invincible startup moves)
but if oswald will definitively break the game i think there's no point in playing anymore XI
even banning him, if you want to play xi you have to play it entirely so no crappy rules, i don't want neither the dfA on incomings ban

ok god tiers are even in 3s but i think that they not have this shit that make them gods

2k3 is a game that can had give more than this without duolon and maling bugfest
but even playing without broken charas the game didn't earned credibility so ppl turned back to 2k2 a more balanced and playable kof
the same was for me i had real interest for 2k3 but after few vss eating duolon's shit over and over i quit playing
2k2 can be the best fighting ever but i think that how bad it looks in terms of graphics and sounds make it underrated

E=MC2

Rengoku said:
ok i still don't know how far can go this oswald's infinite it seems that are some things that can deal well against (invincible startup moves)
but if oswald will definitively break the game i think there's no point in playing anymore XI
even banning him, if you want to play xi you have to play it entirely so no crappy rules, i don't want neither the dfA on incomings ban

ok god tiers are even in 3s but i think that they not have this shit that make them gods

2k3 is a game that can had give more than this without duolon and maling bugfest
but even playing without broken charas the game didn't earned credibility so ppl turned back to 2k2 a more balanced and playable kof
the same was for me i had real interest for 2k3 but after few vss eating duolon's shit over and over i quit playing
2k2 can be the best fighting ever but i think that how bad it looks in terms of graphics and sounds make it underrated

not just that, i really hate the BC mode with a passion. 1 combo and your dead. if it didnt have the BC mode, secret sdms and better graphics and music it wouldve been the best kof ever, cause its got one of the best rosters ever and the balance is really great, for a kof.

-Hibikster-

Bead Banger
soulthug said:
HahahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH *wheeze*
The only KOF that comes close is 96. :spock:

You must regard SFIII 3rd Strike with very low standards then.