KoFXI > SF3rdS

Rengoku

Duck King's DJ
MUSOLINI said:
not just that, i really hate the BC mode with a passion. 1 combo and your dead. if it didnt have the BC mode, secret sdms and better graphics and music it wouldve been the best kof ever, cause its got one of the best rosters ever and the balance is really great, for a kof.

nah you're totally wrong

BC mode can be a pain for a n00b challenging a pro
obviously if you not have a solid gameplay you'll end eating shits (hint: this apply even to xi tag system or whatever)

in high level matches BC mode became only another mean to take over an opponent
and don't get confused by all of those BC combo vids you can find everywhere..useful and pratical bcs are few..maybe 2-3 for chara and at least 2 stock are needed to perform
2 stock are the most pratical (remember that you have to save stocks for roll or CDs) and the only 100% with 2 stocks is for vanessa from an overhead or a low B
and again if you play at a decent level you can't bitch your opponent with an easy overhead or any other BC starter

maybe you didn't play 2k2 a lot

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
Rengoku said:
nah you're totally wrong

BC mode can be a pain for a n00b challenging a pro
obviously if you not have a solid gameplay you'll end eating shits (hint: this apply even to xi tag system or whatever)

in high level matches BC mode became only another mean to take over an opponent
and don't get confused by all of those BC combo vids you can find everywhere..useful and pratical bcs are few..maybe 2-3 for chara and at least 2 stock are needed to perform
2 stock are the most pratical (remember that you have to save stocks for roll or CDs) and the only 100% with 2 stocks is for vanessa from an overhead or a low B
and again if you play at a decent level you can't bitch your opponent with an easy overhead or any other BC starter

maybe you didn't play 2k2 a lot

nope i didnt. i played it a few times on emu to see what it was like and what was possible. part of what i dont like about the BC mode is how you do it, by chaining specials. like for instance yamazaki, you jump attack, HP, BC mode, run and HP, dp+K, dp+p, dp+K, dp+p, dm or sdm. it reminds a lil of ssIV chain mode but this time with specials, it felt very lets say, un KOF. personally i dont like these kind of combos in fighters. it wasnt in other kofs and im glad it got removed from future kofs.

E=MC2

Seijuro Hiko said:
All KOF > all SF! It's not even a challenge.

good sf eps: sfIIWW, turbo, super, super turbo, alpha 2, alpha 3, 2nd impact, 3rd strike.

good KOFs: 95, 97, 98, 01,02 XI.

i think the SF franchise is still the one with more better games than KOF. best sf against best kofs.

super turbo, alpha 2, alpha 3, 2nd impact, 3rd strike - KOF98, 02, XI.

Rengoku

Duck King's DJ
yes but:

alpha3>>>>>alpha2
3s>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2i

so we have:

superturbo
alpha3
third strike

vs

kof98
kof2k2
kofXI

=

98>superturbo
2k2>alpha3
3s ? XI

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
You don't understand.
Street Fighter EX3 > all.

derboo

Crazed MVS Addict
Theoretically, 3rd Strike is totally AWESOME. Problem is, to me it seems it's suffering from this "no fun glitch" someone attributed to Maximum Impact...

E=MC2

at least sf had the decency to change its sprites after 3/4 years. kof still pretty much has the same sprites and play mechanics since 94. playing 97 or 02 doesnt seem all that different to me. just take a character and his jumps, normalls, speed and just generally everything is still the same old same old. with the difference of 1 or 2 moves and supers, i really hope they finally make a really new kof. look at the difference in the sf franchise, SF, SFII, SF0, SFIII, just for this reason sf would own KOF, but fact is both are great games, sf was better than kof, kof got better but in the end sf regained its spot. its all snkls fault though, time for a change man.

Rengoku

Duck King's DJ
MUSOLINI said:
at least sf had the decency to change its sprites after 3/4 years. kof still pretty much has the same sprites and play mechanics since 94. playing 97 or 02 doesnt seem all that different to me. just take a character and his jumps, normalls, speed and just generally everything is still the same old same old. with the difference of 1 or 2 moves and supers, i really hope they finally make a really new kof. look at the difference in the sf franchise, SF, SFII, SF0, SFIII, just for this reason sf would own KOF, but fact is both are great games, sf was better than kof, kof got better but in the end sf regained its spot. its all snkls fault though, time for a change man.

maybe you're right..but you seems to be blind when you talk of changes..

sf changed cast from alpha series to III series but suffer of stereotypical characters..and even if they changed their look you can easily recognize the capcom standards..
shotokans and chun li uber alles
necro is dhalsim+blanka
hugo and alex are very similar to zangief
remy is guile/charly
dudley is balrog

in 3s there are sean ryu ken gouki that are 4 charas with similar moveset in a roster of less than 20
they all have fireball tatsumaki kicks and shoryuken

and so on..

for this sf and kof are on the same boat

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Rengoku said:
maybe you're right..but you seems to be blind when you talk of changes..

sf changed cast from alpha series to III series but suffer of stereotypical characters..and even if they changed their look you can easily recognize the capcom standards..
shotokans and chun li uber alles
necro is dhalsim+blanka
hugo and alex are very similar to zangief
remy is guile/charly
dudley is balrog

in 3s there are sean ryu ken gouki that are 4 charas with similar moveset in a roster of less than 20
they all have fireball tatsumaki kicks and shoryuken

and so on..

for this sf and kof are on the same boat

Ash is like Guile
Griffon is like Zangief

You can say the same for KOF (and you'd still be a bit wrong). The fact is, we're running out of characters. Character design isn't a big deal to me. To say that Hugo is Zangief is outrageous. They're similar because they're big MFers and they throw people, but that's about where it stops. This has nothing to do with play control... with the actual game. We've seen hundreds of characters now, and everyone is going to look like someone by this point. I will give it to SNK, however. They still squeek out a few unique ones, but the well's running dry for everyone.

cam347

Crossed Swords Squire
Chun-Li & Ken matches still?? um yeah 3S is old & played the fuck out. Took over 5 years to get popular. It's dead just like CAPCOM's career of making new 2-D fighters. XI was hot from the very beginning

-Hibikster-

Bead Banger
And because 3S has been played out so much and has basically proven itself against the test of time is what makes that game so great. KOF XI is like a newborn baby and until it is played out the same way as 3S, you really can't say it is better. Remember how people were saying that SvC Chaos was going to kick all the other vs. games asses before it even came out? We all know what happened there.

Give KOF XI a few years, once the top level characters have been exploited, you'll be seeing nothing but Ozwald/?/? teams and so forth. (Not sure about the top tiers in that game at this point, but I know Ozwald is one of them.) That's not taking anything away from the game (it's still a great game), but I'm stating how irrelevant your argument is.

CarlosZ

Mickey's Coach
-Hibikster- said:
And because 3S has been played out so much and has basically proven itself against the test of time is what makes that game so great. KOF XI is like a newborn baby and until it is played out the same way as 3S, you really can't say it is better. Remember how people were saying that SvC Chaos was going to kick all the other vs. games asses before it even came out? We all know what happened there.

Give KOF XI a few years, once the top level characters have been exploited, you'll be seeing nothing but Ozwald/?/? teams and so forth. (Not sure about the top tiers in that game at this point, but I know Ozwald is one of them.) That's not taking anything away from the game (it's still a great game), but I'm stating how irrelevant your argument is.

Amen brother!

It's like waffles and pancakes, both are awesome, some like one or the other, sometimes both. :buttrock:

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
True fact....the first time I ever played 3S was when I bought the SF Collection for the XBox.

It may be "all new", and yes, it's a beautiful game, but I've finaly figured out what exactly it is that causes me to hate the game. It's the low amount of special moves and combos per character; I feel limited in what I can do.

E=MC2

cam347 said:
3S is fuckin boring!

not nearly as boring as XI. just cause you cant play it the right way doesnt mean its boring. both can be boring or fucking hype.

p.s. mods when the fuck can i get into unrelated again.

cam347

Crossed Swords Squire
I can play it I'm just so fuckin sick of it. Every Ken & Chun-Li player is the same. Yun players are all devil worshippers. Unlike XI, 3S has 0 I mean 0 variety in it. I see more than team scrub in XI much more!!!

Yue

Baseball Star Hitter
Well....I prefer KOF because it has alot of characters to choose from, and there aren't any characters that I hate (just find a bit lame but still use them anyway). And SF3rds....I played it and I didn't like it that much....there weren't that many moves either.

Well, that's just my taste.

daybona

Juz,
We'll have this discussion in 7 years to see if people are still playing 11.

Rengoku

Duck King's DJ
daybona said:
We'll have this discussion in 7 years to see if people are still playing 11.

for 3s to reach the top helped the fact that capcom hadn't released a valid vs game since 99
and i'm still on MOTW>>3s
they're pretty same game but i like the snk one and i can't understand why is so underrated

kofXI will be thrown away when another chapter will come out especially if it's another valid title

and really this make the kof series underrated..i hope they understood this and keep releasing a new kof every 2-3 years testind and testing every new game before releasing a glitchy one

for balancing purpose..i think that kof is an even more balanced game simply 'cause it's a 3v3 game and especially with tag system you can balance the match on the fly
in 3s if Q can't do anythyng against yun surely this will go on untile the very last
but if your athena can't handle gato you can quickly switch to eiji to have a better balance
in kof, if A rape B and B rape C it's not so sure that A still rapes C
got it?

recon_zero

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Rengoku said:
for 3s to reach the top helped the fact that capcom hadn't released a valid vs game since 99
and i'm still on MOTW>>3s
they're pretty same game but i like the snk one and i can't understand why is so underrated

I was going to post that. if MvC2 was their latest (decent) fighter released, it would still have a growing scene. Street Fighter is a big name, bigger than KoF at least on US and Japan. Other countries have a powerful KoF scene, but they are still playing 2002 and 98.

If XI gets popular, it will be played to the death. But, every new KoF iteration comes out, it's automatically "Best KoF ever since '98"... (Except for that 2001 that everyone seems to hate, i don't hate it but...) Remember 2002? "Best KoF ever since '98" and 2003 was for a while, "Best KoF ever since '98"

And yes, MOTW is awesome. It's still like Apples, Oranges, if you like big breasted girls or average breated girls. I don't enjoy much MOTW, but it's an awesome game. And yea... MOTW > NG, MOTW >= 2I, MOTW <= 3S... and it's still a single game against 3 iterations.

Rengoku

Duck King's DJ
recon_zero said:
Other countries have a powerful KoF scene, but they are still playing 2002 and 98.

'cause 98 and 2k2 are still the best kof ever made and you can't say a word against..well balanced and nice game engine with not so abusable glitches
or the fews only help low tiers to play decent matchups against top tiers

If XI gets popular, it will be played to the death. But, every new KoF iteration comes out, it's automatically "Best KoF ever since '98"... (Except for that 2001 that everyone seems to hate, i don't hate it but...) Remember 2002? "Best KoF ever since '98" and 2003 was for a while, "Best KoF ever since '98"

i'm on 2k2>>98 due to a better gameplay (man i fucking love BC mode) and a very good roster to choose
and for the fact that 2k2 is something really new from kof95 to 98
i hate striker system so i never played decently 99,2k
but i liked 2k1 until i definitively realized that strikers make the game a circus

2k3 is another game flopped due to the rush they had to release it and we know why it's not played (duolon?malin?)

XI is really great but old kof players do not trust in it while non snk fans are going mad for it