Least Favorite Neo Games Thread

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
No limits, no rules, just go!

In my case I have complied the games I have played and haven't come back to them to play them again. They're not necessarily bad games per say but I just don't see myself getting into them in any forseeable future.

Ghost Pilots
Gururin
3 Count Bout (I've tried but I just can't get into it!)
Pop n' Bounce
Super Spy
Goal Goal Goal
Magician Lord (Sorry folks)
Ninja Combat (Just boring but better than burning fight)
Burning Fight (I'm just gonna play Final Fight or better yet Sengoku 3)
Football Frenzy (Has me wishing it was rushing heroes)
Soccer Brawl (Cool concept poor execution)
Power Spikes II (I can actually play this game and get far but it's so boring!)
Riding Hero (It's not horrible but it's not a game I can see myself playing for long)
Stakes Winners 1 & 2 (If I could understand what's going on I might enjoy it but there's just no way, game is just not for me)
Super Baseball 2020
Galaxy Fight (sometimes I play but I find myself not going back to it for years)
Raguy
Ragnagard
Robo Army
King of Monsters
Legend of Succes of Joe (cool control set up but it has me wishing this was a better game)

I have more games I don't play often but I do like them though, so I don't think I should be listing those.

What are yours?

irvsmoot

Cheng's Errand Boy
I like that some games on your list you didn't even need to explain why you included them, like Gururin. That one probably tops my list, I play it with my mother-in-law because it is completely inoffensive and it doesn't matter that she has no idea what she's doing.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
3 count bout
(should be the pinnacle of awesomeness based on the box art and screenshot on the back, sadly its not)

Pop n Bounce (arkanoid it's not, not even close)

Football Frenzy (Broken gameplay mechanics ruin this one)

Voltage Fighter
(Its not horrible, but with all the other fighters on the system this one gets pushed to the back of the line)

King of Monsters 1
(not a bad game, but I would rather play number 2 of just about any of the other neo beat'em ups)

Strikers 1945 (again its not bad, but the neo offers at least 6 other shooters I would rather play)

Last edited:

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Strikers 1945 (again its not bad, but the neo offers at least 6 other shooters I would rather play)

See, that's how I feel about Captain Tomaday. I played through it once, but I'd much rather play Strikers, Aero Fighters 2, Blazing Star, Viewpoint, etc.

I agree with you guys on 3 Count Bout and Soccer Brawl, but I like Pop n Bounce. I go back and play that every so often. It doesn't steal a lot of time away from Money Puzzle Exchanger and Bust-A-Move Again, but I do throw Pop n Bounce in every once in a while.

To sum up, I never pop in:

3 Count Bout
Art of Fighting
Captain Tomaday
Fatal Fury
Puzzle de Pon! (I've played Puzzle de Pon! R more but still not very much)
Samurai Shodown (I'd rather play 2, 3, or 4)
Soccer Brawl

Kef9

Crossed Swords Squire
I can't believe you guys think soccer brawl is bad. I think its a great fun game!

BOERenSKIN

n00b
Can't get why someone wouldn't like Captain Tomaday or Strikers. Games I never pop in:
- Ganryu
- Puzzle de Pon
- Fatal Fury

Pro_Gear

Another,
20 Year Member
I can't bear to play:

Riding Hero
Double Dragon
Legend of Success Joe
The Super Spy
Stakes Winner 1/2
Ragnagard

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
1) Riding Hero
2) Baseball Stars Professional
3) Power Spikes II
4) Football Frenzy
5) Super Baseball 2020
6) Top Player's Golf

Can't stand these games :very_ang:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Top players golf, riding hero, sengoku 1, baseball stars pro (now that i discovered the wonder of BS2), ninja combat.

i know i will get hate for this one: nam '75.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Top players golf, riding hero, sengoku 1, baseball stars pro (now that i discovered the wonder of BS2), ninja combat.

i know i will get hate for this one: nam '75.

BANNED

dedalusdedalus

Crossed Swords Squire
I have a soft spot for every single NG game, but I have to pick these as the worst. That said though, "worst Neo Geo game" is kind of like saying "worst blowjob I ever got from a chick."

Riding Hero - This game just plays choppy as fuck. It fails to give you the feeling of speed and control that a good racer should. RPG elements are an interesting idea, but they don't add enough to salvage the racing parts.

Art of Fighting - This has a playable roster of two characters that play exactly the same. On paper, the spirit meter sounds like it's a great way to preclude spamming, but it just ends up slowing the game down and reducing you to basic moves.

Burning Fight - It's hard to mess up a beat-em-up, but this manages to do that with horrible hit detection, uninspired character design, and a nonexistent plot. There's no payoff, since the final battle has got to be the most anticlimactic boss battle ever.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
There are worse games on the Neo, but I really, really hate Ghost Pilots. Part of that is because I actually paid 30 or 40 bucks for a NOS Euro copy, and the first time I tried to play it I was literally put to sleep. Now, not every shooter has to be Aero Fighters, but I think I'd rather play 1942 on NES, and I hate most NES shooters. The only redeemable quality of this game is that it had a minty box for me to use on a Fatal Fury cart I bought a few weeks later that had a good insert but a crappy case.

Alpha Mission 2 was pretty bad too, and I did buy that as well, but at least it's not Ghost Pilots.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Super Bubble Pop
TOtC
LOSJ
TPG

The others I'm fine with.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
King of the Monsters, I only own due to wanting it in the MVS set :/ god that game cheats

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member

This I don't get. I kind of see your argument here, but I think it's one of the best shooters on the neo. The only neo shooters I enjoy more are Viewpoint and Twinkle Star Sprites (if you count it as a shooter) and I'm sure I play Fast Striker more but I wouldn't say it's a better game. Strikers really takes me back to being a kid and playing 194x games on the NES, but it's like a grown up version with a lot more variety and challenge.

I think least favorite is a complicated term when applied to the neo. I mean there are straight up bad neo games for sure, and there are neo games that look like they should be good but are just terrible (like Galaxy Fight). Then there are also very good neo games that still aren't worth playing due to better games in the same genre or series. For example I really dislike Metal Slug 5, consider it the worst of the slugs, and hardly ever play it, however, it's still probably better than any other run and gun on another system. Kind of puts it in perspective.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Fatal Fury 2 , Fatal Fury Special...

the-shining-jack.gif

chazbc24

Cheng's Errand Boy
Oh ok. Last blade 1 +2, Dunk Dreams, Magical drop 3, Metal Slug 3 and Twinkle Star Sprites. I hate those!

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Really? That is quite depressing. I wasn't expecting it to be as good as SHO, but it's really that bad? I hope it's not, I'd love to race bikes on my Neo. I'd much rather have a Sega Super Scaler ripoff than a top down racer.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Really? That is quite depressing. I wasn't expecting it to be as good as SHO, but it's really that bad? I hope it's not, I'd love to race bikes on my Neo. I'd much rather have a Sega Super Scaler ripoff than a top down racer.
Rad Racer on nes gives a better sense of speed :/

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Is Riding Hero as slow as say, Genesis Super Hang On? Now that game is slow. (with a 12MHz overclock it's much better though)