Least Favorite Neo Games Thread

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Is Riding Hero as slow as say, Genesis Super Hang On? Now that game is slow. (with a 12MHz overclock it's much better though)
smoother? yes
slower? no

when you get to the later lvls on simulation mode it gets fast and yes I like that game still have the cart :lolz:

dedalusdedalus

Crossed Swords Squire
If you deem Ghost Pilots to be a bad game, your opinion is wrong.

Alpha Mission 2 is easily the worst shooter on the system.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Least fav are the sports games, because when I play sports games I associate with the actual players and the neo sports games have none.

As long as I have someone else to play with, even bad games can be a blast.

And some games are meant to be played while drunk.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I'm not big on any of the sports games either. Didn't like the King of Monsters series, too.

REALLY didn't like the Art of Fighting series, especially the first one. Special moves were a bitch to pull off sometimes.

And Riding Hero? Eff that mess. I'd rather play Enduro on my Atari 2600.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
At this rate every NEO game will be on the list. :lolz:

If we are liting our dislikes, then:

--NEO SPORTS games,
--The ART OF FIGHTING games,
--The WORLD HEROES games,
--The "Slow Down" games (like CAPTAIN TOMDAY, SHOCK TROOPERS 2nd SQUAD),
--BURNING FIGHT
--[BLUE'S JOURNEY]
--THE SUPER SPY,

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
when you get to the fog at night stage it gets insane and you have to be lucky, i stomp it and try to do big passes in that area

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
This I don't get. I kind of see your argument here, but I think it's one of the best shooters on the neo. The only neo shooters I enjoy more are Viewpoint and Twinkle Star Sprites (if you count it as a shooter) and I'm sure I play Fast Striker more but I wouldn't say it's a better game. Strikers really takes me back to being a kid and playing 194x games on the NES, but it's like a grown up version with a lot more variety and challenge.

I prefer in order: Blazing Star, Pulstar, Viewpoint, Prehistoric Isle 2, Aero Fighters 2, and then its a close race between captain tomaday, strikers and last resort. I don't really have a nostalgic connection with strikers, which is maybe the difference, as many of the other titles I played in the 90s.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
I prefer in order: Blazing Star, Pulstar, Viewpoint, Prehistoric Isle 2, Aero Fighters 2, and then its a close race between captain tomaday, strikers and last resort. ....

Some games not on your SH:eye::eye:TERS list: Aero Fighters 3, Alpha Mission 2, Andro Dunos, Ghost Pilots, Twinkle Star Sprites, and Zed Blade.

Last edited:

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Aero Fighters 3
Shock Troopers 2nd Squad

Both were a let down for me and not as good as the originals.

holyver

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Within the scope of the official release that I've been able to play/try:
captain tomaday (dont like the system but background are nice)
zed blade (nothing is good in that game...)

Sypth

Mr. Big's Thug
Freakin' love Captain Tomaday, most shoot 'em ups have slowdown in it either way so doesn't bother me. I just got Burning Fight, can't say I loved it, it's definitely no Final Fight, but it's alright, Sengoku is better by far though. Fatal Fury is definitely not a game I will ever play again, I bought my system with it included, sold it as soon as I occupied it's slot with Metal Slug X. Still don't get the buzz with Nam 1975', played it for a good 15 minutes, felt like a NES game to me.

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
power spikes 2 is by far the worst game on the system; it makes me want to kill myself.

420neogeo

Marked Wolf
I find top players golf to be the worst game for the system I have tried thus far. it was one of the first games I purchased and I just cannot believe how bad it is. the game itself is not even remotely enjoyable to play. I just hate it! I am almost ashamed to say that I have only played it twice and that was enough for me. now it sits collecting dust on my neo geo shelf.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
zed blade (nothing is good in that game...)

Get this fake account out of here...

I *hate* yoko STGs as a general rule, and LOVE ZedBlade. The powered up bomb, the control, the art direction, THE MUSIC...all rule.

The only criticism one could fairly levy against the game is that it is too easy.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
Aero Fighters 3
Shock Troopers 2nd Squad

Both were a let down for me and not as good as the originals.

Yea I think you nailed it there. Especially Shock Troopers 2nd Squad. Not the worst neo game, but probably the most disappointing considering how amazing the first one was. Definitely a missed opportunity for something great. I have it, but since my first playthrough I've never played it - out of spite.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Top players golf, riding hero, sengoku 1, baseball stars pro (now that i discovered the wonder of BS2), ninja combat.

i know i will get hate for this one: nam '75.

It's always the ones we love, that hurt us the most. :/

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Of the games I own are Super Spy and Sengoku. Super Spy is so damn repetitive, drawn out. Sengoku has too many cheap hits to be any fun for me, its very annoying game because of this.