Galaxy Fight
Double Dragon
World Heroes Series
Riding Hero
Fire Suplex
Joy Joy Kid
Raguy
Top Players Golf

Are all Neo games that would literally gather dust in my collection as they have no features that make wish to play them again... unless I wish to remind myself how terrible they all are.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
My vote goes to Football Frenzy. The sports games on Neo are borderline bad to begin with but this thing just could have been awesome. So, I guess this is my least favorite/most disappointing. I'm still searchng for a good arcade football game.

Tecmo Bowl on Playchoice is the reigning champ.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
lots of amazing games listed in here, alot of you truly have terrible taste..

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Just curious, what supposedly bad games do you consider good, tampon guy?

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
I can't really argue with people's reasons for hating it, but I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for The Super Spy.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
well just going from memory... fatal fury special, samurai shodown and nam 1975 are all in this thread somewhere. There are plenty of more games in this thread I love but I guess I can understand why someone wouldn't like them at least... but samurai shodown? for real? on neo-geo.com? sheeshh

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
well just going from memory... fatal fury special, samurai shodown and nam 1975 are all in this thread somewhere. There are plenty of more games in this thread I love but I guess I can understand why someone wouldn't like them at least... but samurai shodown? for real? on neo-geo.com? sheeshh

I think everything was better after Samurai Shodown 2. I've logged more hours playing that game when I worked at an arcade back in the day than when Samurai Shodown first came out.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
Despite what others say, I've got a soft spot for World Heroes in general. For a blatant SF2 clone, it really isn't that bad. The ridiculous characters make it fun with to play with friends. My favorite character is J. Max. I have yet to find a more awesome fighting game character...

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
My vote goes to Football Frenzy. The sports games on Neo are borderline bad to begin with but this thing just could have been awesome. So, I guess this is my least favorite/most disappointing. I'm still searchng for a good arcade football game.

Tecmo Bowl on Playchoice is the reigning champ.

NFL Blitz for the N64 is hands down my favorite arcade football game. Tecmo bowl on the nes was alot of fun back in the days, but I have a hard time playing it now. The neo also had some pretty cool arcade sports games. Super Sidekicks till this day is still my favorite arcade soccer game. I prefer NBA Jam over Dunk Dream, but its still alot of fun. I don't even have to say anything about Baseball Stars 2.

As far as some people listing Art Of Fighting as one of the worst Neo Games, I totally disagree. That's the one game that is always placed in my 1st slot 4 slot mobo. Ridiculously big muscular characters that take up the whole screen, the bruised swelled up faces after taking a beating is what makes AOF special. It was AOF and SamSho2 that started my love for the Neo.

IMO, I found Ghost Pilots to be a really boring game. I guess I place Ghost Pilots as my worst neo game.

Last edited:

holyver

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Get this fake account out of here...

I *hate* yoko STGs as a general rule, and LOVE ZedBlade. The powered up bomb, the control, the art direction, THE MUSIC...all rule.

The only criticism one could fairly levy against the game is that it is too easy.

Fake account.... maybe
But Zed blade sucks big time, monstrous time, at least in my world

chany60126

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Least fav are the sports games, because when I play sports games I associate with the actual players and the neo sports games have none.

As long as I have someone else to play with, even bad games can be a blast.

And some games are meant to be played while drunk.

I actually like that neo games have fake players, and I am a sports junkie myself... IDK, using real rosters and stuff makes game feel dated IMHO.

How can you not like some of the awesome sports games like Baseball Stars 2 and Windjammers??

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member

I'm the nam 75 hater. I want to love it, but I just can't get down with the control scheme.

valgalder

Kula's Candy
yeah, it's definitely a bummer that Football Frenzy turned out to be so shitty.. I had high hopes for this back in the day - especially since Tecmo Superbowl is my favorite sports game of all time... I could only imagine how awesome a Tecmo Superbowl game on the Neo Geo would have been.. they should have skipped the Soccer game..

In general I love sports games on the Neo.. Sidekicks series is great, love Baseball Stars.. REALLY love Dunk Dreams..

Last edited:

chany60126

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I'm the nam 75 hater. I want to love it, but I just can't get down with the control scheme.

Nam is one of my top 5 neo games. There just aren't too many games like this. Wild Guns is one of my favorite games on the SNES, so getting this game was a no-brainer for me. The action in Nam is intense, but yeah mastering the sommersault roll is key. I am no pro at this game as I can barely get to the Level 3 boss with one CC. I just think the game gets a bad rep because people don't put the time and effort to master it.

Last edited:

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
World Heroes series sucked except JET and up If im not mistaken.

SNK didnt make it, ADK ? I think is the name did.

Yeah it was ADK, the same guys who designed the Neo Geo.

For now I think World Heroes 2 and Jet will suffice, I'm sure the original hasn't aged well. I've watched videos of Perfect and it really doesn't seem much better than Jet, the characters even look the same.

XeroShinobi

Rugal's Thug
I'm not crazy about a good chunk of the Neo Geo library, mainly because it consists primarily of generic head-to-head fighters, but the games I do like I like a great deal. I don't dislike all the fighters either, I really like Samurai Shodown IV.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I actually like that neo games have fake players, and I am a sports junkie myself... IDK, using real rosters and stuff makes game feel dated IMHO.

How can you not like some of the awesome sports games like Baseball Stars 2 and Windjammers??

This is going to sound weird to some people, but IMHO Windjammers is about as close to a sports game as Pong is.

BS2 isn't bad, but I can't tell who the "stars" are that I can work a homerun out, unlike the NES MLB titles where there are actual stars that meet expectations.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Nam is one of my top 5 neo games. There just aren't too many games like this. Wild Guns is one of my favorite games on the SNES, so getting this game was a no-brainer for me. The action in Nam is intense, but yeah mastering the sommersault roll is key. I am no pro at this game as I can barely get to the Level 3 boss with one CC. I just think the game gets a bad rep because people don't put the time and effort to master it.

believe me- i put in pleanty of time. and i get the appeal- i truly do!. I love it conceptually, but its just not for me. its one of those games im ashamed that i dont like and i wish that i did. i really wish there was a twin stick version.

I would have to say the worst for me is:

Super Spy (Punching Gandhi over and over gets boring)
King of the Monsters (After the second one I never went back)

malignantpoodle

Robert Garcia's Butler
Burning Fight. Hard to go wrong with a mindless beat 'em up, but I doubt they could have made a worse button masher if they tried.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
You know, I'm gonna add Top Hunters to my list, too. Just wasn't a fan of it.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
KOF94. I found it to be a chore to play, and it nearly turned me off from the entire series. I'm so glad I discovered KOF98.