Lmao Blade Runner 2049

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
WTF movie did you watch? Milla is certainly NOT in 2049...

+1

Hahaha holy shit, I thought that was Milla Jovovich. Apparently it's some lady who IMO looks a lot like her.

a9f53c9a1d86ac3e1594ee733f570198.jpg

blade-runner-2049-sylvia-hoeks.jpg

fake

15 Year Member
PS: sitting in the theater waiting to watch this for a second time.

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
This movie was pretty good just got done watching i would recommend it. Very atmospheric and cyber punky I really liked it would see again. Definately adding to my BluRay collection later

fake

15 Year Member
hahaha, for all the wrong reasons. Get your shit straight this time.

:lolz: ok I wasn't on crack this time and milla jovovich wasn't in it. Weird, right?

PS: Muuuch better this time with expectations in check. My feelings regarding the plot and themes still stand, but they don't bother me as much. I'll type that stuff out when I have a chance.

Last edited:

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
It was the slowest paced movie I have ever seen.

I only could take about an hour of it before I jammed.

Boring.

fake

15 Year Member
It was the slowest paced movie I have ever seen.

I only could take about an hour of it before I jammed.

Boring.

The first one must drive you nuts, then.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I could easily argue 99% of the arts don't have a reason to exist.....
It doesnt have to add layers of plot and intrigue to the blade runner setting in order to justify existence.

And I could easily tell you that when you're dealing with a sequel, it has to be more than a soft reboot of the original film's core principles to have been worth the effort. But honestly, I've said everything I have to say about this film. Cheers.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
As uneven, maybe even misguided as Alien: Covenant was, I feel it's a more interesting film than Blade Runner 2049.

This made me scared to go watch 2049. Covenant has to be one of the worst films i have watched in the last few years.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm really surprised that a few of you (you in particular) didn't like it. To each his own.

I am not starved for science fiction and as far as SF goes, BR2049 is not SF at all. It’s a fantasy. Sunshine is science fiction. 2001 is science fiction. But 2049 is a few mitochlorians away from being a space opera. I don’t hate 2049. It was a fun movie, but I don’t like that they forced a sequel on the original BR, where no further story was needed.

And I think that the unexplained and untheorized premise of replicant reproduction, and the unexplained reasoning behind such being earth-shattering, for me, seemed very sloppy.

Anytime a new movie comes out these days people will lose it and proclaim the movie amazing. Look at how people were with Rogue 1 and TFA. So here I am to remind everyone that this was not Blade Runner 1 level. It was a fanfic. I would prefer if Scott put his money behind Electric Dreams instead.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Anytime a new movie comes out these days people will lose it and proclaim the movie amazing. Look at how people were with Rogue 1 and TFA.

Rouge One was awesome. The subtitle said it all - "A Star Wars Story". That's all it was; a single self-contained story. Not a new set of prequels, not a new franchise, not a "universe", just a story.

TFA was a cash grab, even at it's most base level. There's no reason another trilogy had to be made as ROTJ tied up any loose ends. The characters are "meh" at best (why is your "villian" a tantrum throwing teenager?), and the story beats were taken straight from Ep. IV.

Daisey Ridley is fine as hell, tho.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Rogue One was really good the first time, but subsequent viewing reveals its flaws. I watched it twice, and I can never watch it again because most of it is really dumb.

fake

15 Year Member
I agree that Rogue One is awesome. Def one of the best Star Wars movies IMO. People complained it was too dark but that's what I wanted.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
People complained it was too dark but that's what I wanted.

It was supposed to be.

It was a movie about a weapon that would ultimately destroy a planet. Were they expecting a dance number and uplifting music?

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I am not starved for science fiction and as far as SF goes, BR2049 is not SF at all. It’s a fantasy. Sunshine is science fiction. 2001 is science fiction. But 2049 is a few mitochlorians away from being a space opera. I don’t hate 2049. It was a fun movie, but I don’t like that they forced a sequel on the original BR, where no further story was needed.

Everyone is cool with Fury Road, right?

Maybe the distinction is that Mad Max was already a franchise, or maybe it's because Mad Max was never really centered on a concept like the movies listed here were.

"Science Fiction," in the way it's being used here, seems to resist further comment. It's self-contained in the way a short story is.

There are exceptions, of course, but people don't tend to bring up 2010: The Year We Make Contact in conversations about 2001: A Space Odyssey, even though it's a direct sequel. What can you say after the ending of 2001 that doesn't seem superfluous?

Anybody have thoughts on necessary SF sequels? (Taiso, come back for this!)

fake

15 Year Member
It was supposed to be.

It was a movie about a weapon that would ultimately destroy a planet. Were they expecting a dance number and uplifting music?

For real. I don't get the hate.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I'm looking forward to it, my wife and I are going to go see t next weekend. To get all ready for it, we watched the original "final cut" last weekend.

...about the side conversation? Liked Rogue One, enjoyed SW EP VII, loved Fury Road. I do agree with Rogue One getting less enjoyable the more you see it. I've seen it 3 times...by the third time, I was rather "meh" about it.

Last weekend was The My Little Pony movie. My wife and I discussed it and decided to take out 9 year old to see it, then get a babysitter and see Blade Runner next weekend. As expected, my kiddo loved it...me...holy Jesus...if it hadn't been so loud, I would have slept through it. My wife wasn't a fan either. It's funny, I haven't sat through a movie that I despised in so long, I had forgotten how horrible it was to do it.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
[original BR]
Why was the final cut so different from the work print?

I get why the theatrical cut was a joke, but it seemed like Scott had one idea for the original movie, but then over time some voices got to him and poof - unicorns.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Rogue One wasn't great. The character are terrible. I just couldn't get into it at all. Take star wars out of it and you have a meh movie. Take bladerunner out of 2049 and you still have an awesome movie.

K, in this movie, is a pathetic being. It's depressing and slow, yet super beautiful. I feel bad for this guy the entire time, yet it's compelling. I had no clue where the story was going. All I hoped was for K to somehow come out of it safe and sound.