Look its Thor!

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
852467758_9dSnG-O.jpg

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I think this'll be the best Marvel movie post-Spiderman 2/3.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Wow. That actually looks really, really good.

After a couple years of development and a couple good movies, they'll kill the movie chain and reboot with a more emo version of Thor, for the kids.

Just you wait.

He'll also be a vampire.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Better than Ultimate Thor at least.

Sez you. I'm a big classic Thor fan going way back, but I really enjoyed Ultimate Thor in the first Ultimates series. In fact, he was my favorite part of that book by far, up until the point they revealed beyond any doubt that he was who he claimed. I liked the idea it could've all been in his head and I wish they'd left it ambiguous.

But still, Ultimate Thor was a great character.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
For some reason, I expect this Thor to drink Budweiser and drive a pick-up truck. And listen to Metallica.

Put Iron Maiden in the place of Metallica and you will have my sentiment.

This movie better be BAD ASS.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Someone posted this at newsarama, but it's probably only funny if you've been following the teaser images for the various Avengers teams.

So actually, I'll post a few of those first:

IAmAnAvenger_NewAvengers_02.jpg

cap-america-avengers.jpg

IAmAnAvenger_SecretAvengers_01_thumb.jpg

0012_avengers_thor.jpg

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
heh!

I do love Thor's new Costume though, i think they got it right, they could have gone another way completely but i'm so glad they kept all the old things from the costume that made Thor originally!

As for the movie one, i think after the fan reaction to Ironman and a lesser degree the incredible Hulk ( even Spider-man ) i think Marvel realise that the Costumes from the Comics CAN work in a movie and thats what the fans want to see.....it could have been A LOT worse...

deadpool1.jpg

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!!! with Iron Man 2 next week and pictures of Thor, we are getting so much closer to The Avengers movie! fuck yes!

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
One of my friends claimed religion is Thorism.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
For some reason, I expect this Thor to drink Budweiser and drive a pick-up truck. And listen to Metallica.

Yea...I got that vibe too.

He doesn't look viking enough.

GET MORE NORSE IN THERE.

I really am crossing my fingers on this one, Thor is one of my favs and is my dad's fav hero. It'd be a damn shame to mess it up.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I thought the Jonah Hex trailer looked disappointing. Way too 'Van Helsing' for my taste.

kerr9000

n00b
im guessing its Thor from one of the old marvel movies/tv specials. I guess this as i have seen the old captain america movies and they were as bad as that picture.

As for deadpool what botherd me is i loved him in the start of wolverine origins with his swords and his wise cracking I thought theyd really cracked a sort of pre messed up faced deadpool and all they had to do to nail him latter was stick his costume on. They could have still done the film more or less the same with him in costume and true to character as well. Give him a laser pistol to fire at them instead of out of his eyes, have him sword fight instead of claws and have him teleporting around due to technology not powers. If they were really desperate to not have him talk then claim he is dopped up to obey or has something in him making him obey.... I enjoyed a lot of wolverine origins but deadpool at the end soured it a fair bit

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
No, that's Thor from an '80s movie, Adventures in Babysitting.

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Rather interesting cast selection and I'm taken aback that Kenneth Branagh is directing. This shall be interesting, to say the least.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I'm reserving judgement on Thor until I see it. I love Thor and hope the movie is good.

I'm passing judgement on Jonah Hex. I have no use for the movie. I knew this when I watched the director and Megan Fox being interviewed during G4's coverage of Comic Con last year.

Megan Fox: I haven't read the Jonah Hex comics but I don't really need to because my character was created just for the movie.

As much as I despise Megan Fox, this alone is not enough for me to damn the movie. Compromises like this are always made in Hollywood and that doesn't necessarily make it a bad movie. But her comment, when combined with the following comment by the director, was enough to kill whatever hopes I might have had.

Director: we're really staying true to the comic book so we have the blessing of the publisher and the original creator.

How does creating an original character just so Megan Fox can play her constitute 'staying true to the comic book?'

Fuck you, Jonah Hex movie.

High hopes for Thor.